Oriakhi Jumping on Twitter 30 min after the game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Oriakhi Jumping on Twitter 30 min after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's really that simple: AO needs to stay off of Twitter. If you don't understand this, you're delusional. Nothing productive comes from questioning your coach in a public forum or reacting to any idiot who wants to tweet you.

On the women's side, the girls are banned from tweeting at all during the season. Crap like this is exactly why, and it's worse when testosterone is involved. The men's coaches should talk to Geno and Chris Dailey.
Maybe JC will bring the subject up the next time him and Geno have dinner together.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Maybe JC will bring the subject up the next time him and Geno have dinner together.
Indeed. Maybe JC will bring over some homemade Italian food and a bottle of red. Then they'll kick back and reminisce about all the good times they've had together, and at some point JC can ask what prompted the decision to ban tweeting during the season on the women's side.

Reaction Score
It's really that simple: AO needs to stay off of Twitter. If you don't understand this, you're delusional. Nothing productive comes from questioning your coach in a public forum or reacting to any idiot who wants to tweet you.

Bingo! Someone really needs to tell Oriakhi to act like a grown up. Or play better...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If someone needs to tell him, that means he hasn't figured things out yet.

Reaction Score
What?

"Calhoun called a timeout to take Lamb out of the game 5 seconds into the second half after his star guard walked the ball across half court."

I know, I'm sorry. Calhoun's a god, he's never wrong.

It's good you found the one example. I want to know how many terrible shots those two can throw up, along with bad passes (and an inability to beat a zone) before they sit down for a second. Because it didn't happen in the tournament last weekend. It didn't even happen when you had Boatright, Calhoun just had three guards in.

I love those two. But they screw up some, and they don't get the quick trigger like AO, Giffey, and Roscoe get. And quite frankly, I think the quick trigger effects those three more than it does other players too.

Reaction Score
Napier and Lamb both had the quick hook for large chunks of last year. Lamb had some early season games where he played less than 10 minutes and had doughnuts. Meanwhile, Kemba played almost 40 minutes a night and had an enormous leash, since he was the guy being asked to make the difficult plays, while Alex often had a long leash since there weren't many other options. Now Napier and Lamb have much more responsibility as playmakers, especially in those games without Boatright, and they have had the longer leash, since we have needed them on the floor. And the guys you need to create and make things happen are by nature going to mistakes - sometimes Magic Johnson's or Larry Bird's no-look passes were turnovers, and sometimes Michael Jordan forced shots in the paint that were bricks. Comes with the territory. In Napier's case, his primary struggles were late in games, and you aren't going to give your quarterback the hook in the final five minutes of a close game. Against UCF, he probably would've been pulled with Boatright after he had three turnovers in the first two minutes of the second half, but we didn't have that option. Lamb maybe could've been pulled in the first half against FSU when he tried to dribble through a couple double-teams and lost the ball, but he was shooting well (7-9) and those turnovers were chalked up to simply trying to make a play against a good defensive team.

The guys who you want to fill a role by nature have a shorter leash. They will get pulled if they try to do more than their role requires (i.e. trying to create their own offense under defensive pressure), or because they don't do their primary role adequately (i.e. box out on the defensive glass, stay with their man off screens). If Alex plays good post defense and owns the defensive glass, nobody on the bench will care if he misses a couple shots or maybe turns it over on a hard double-team. If he gives up a couple offensive rebounds, or decides he's going to shoot no matter what and forces up a brick, he's coming out. If Roscoe plays great D, he won't be pulled after missing an open 3 or getting a shot blocked. But if he checks into the game, and two minutes in, forces up a three because he's looking for his, he'll probably get pulled, whereas Lamb will not get pulled for that same shot. But that's the way it is - it isn't supposed to be fair.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I can only imagine the kinds of creepy Tweets girls like Meghan Gardler or Caroline Doty would've had to deal with had Twitter been allowed

Reaction Score
I can only imagine the kinds of creepy Tweets girls like Meghan Gardler or Caroline Doty would've had to deal with had Twitter been allowed

One of the models in last night's Victoria's Secret "show" was an ex-basketball player. I can't help but wonder what Meghan or Caroline would look like with wings!!!!

Reaction Score
Twitter Smitter. I'm an old fart and the kids today think we care when and how they poop. We can't will someone to grow up when every coach and adult that dealt with them kissed their a$% so they would play on their team. AO needs to take responsibility for his actions and decide whether he wants to be part of a bigger and better thing than himself. Social Media is here for those wannabees who want people to think they are as important and they themselves think they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom