Oregon prediction thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Oregon prediction thread

Reaction Score
A lot of our guys are still shaking off the rust and getting to know each other. I believe all of our guards have been sorting out their roles and the last game started to settle into them. Vital and Gilbert took steps forward and Jalen did not try to take over the game because it wasn't necessary. Jalen, Alterique, Christian and Antwoine ALL have better games in them but the key will be through defensive effort, driving to the basket and smart play. In other words let the game come to you but use your teammates before you start jacking 3's.

Jalen may be a little more aggressive to the rim in this game. Feeding Onuorah early could pay off as well. Green light for Terry all day until they stop him. I might have Andersen and Gilbert in Pritchard's pocket early to see if either can throw him off. Let Jalen focus energy on offense but be in the passing lanes and ready for transition. He'll need to take a little more of a leadership role and I think he will, but Larrier and Anderson both bring their own type of leadership which was lacking last year. If all of those things happen and we shoot half decent from the perimeter when necessary and others chip in a little no reason we can't pull it off regardless of the Cobb injury. It's good to have numbers again.

Reaction Score
Why the duck do we out of everyone have to play Oregon in Oregon in the 1st place?

Reaction Score
Why the do we out of everyone have to play Oregon in Oregon in the 1st place?
Someone has to. I like it because it's winnable game for us but no cupcake or mid major. I think it's a perfect step up. Let's see what kind of strides UConn has made since the start of the season.

Reaction Score
Someone has to. I like it because it's winnable game for us but no cupcake or mid major. I think it's a perfect step up. Let's see what kind of strides UConn has made since the start of the season.
Good point, if it works out.

Reaction Score
Oregon is extremely talented, but young...

The four veterans...
PG Pritchard- very solid decision maker, under control who can make the pass & hit the open shot, very crafty, similar to Aaron Craft, obviously not as good defender or competitor

SG Brown- legit 18-20 ppg scorer, can flat out put the ball in the net. Poor shot selection, I believe son of former Cavs coach Brown

PF- White- game still a little bit unknown, spent a cup of coffee with Georgetown, seems like he can do a little of everything from inside to outside

PF- McIntosh- kid is a winning player with size & length, solid defender, scorer inside, can shoot the 3, helped Illinois St. be relevant over the last few years, terrific kid

The 5 Frosh/Sophs-

Smith - No. 99 2016
Brown- No. 13 2017
Bailey Jr.- No. 85 2017
Wooten- No. 128 2017
Kigab- No. 138 2017

I wish I could give you more analysis on the frosh/sophs, but I haven’t seen them play.

Big Man Roman Sorkin might play who is another solid contributor for them, junior, another player I haven’t seen play yet.

It’s going to be a really tough game especially playing in Oregon’s tournament. I would expect the crowd & the refs are all going to be pulling for Oregon.

I do think we have enough talent to keep it close and beat them, we are going to have to hit shots & really scrap down on the floor to get every loose ball. Out work them.

Reaction Score
UConn guards dominate.
Vital continues to play well (why anybody doubted this kid after his strong finish last year is beyond me).
Adams is strong wire to wire.
AG continues to emerge (might be the quickest player we've ever had) as a force of nature.
Anderson fills gaps and plays level headed.
We win by 5.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UConn Huskies eating Duck for Thanksgiving

Go Huskies!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Wow, what makes you think this?

Least favorite commentator in all of basketball. The guy knows the game but says so much stupid, mindless stuff.
Umm, duh, if..if..if, 12345...6..9...10, mic feedback.........
He’s great when he’s not doing a uconn game. Hopefully he’s not

Reaction Score
I may be in the minority, but I wish we had Rodney for this one. This just feels like his kind of game. Anyway hope our current guards can play well.

Also, happy thanksgiving everyone! I appreciate this place as it gives me a place to share my thoughts with other Husky fans.

Reaction Score
58 - 71 wrong way. Have to prove we can score and defend against non Colgates. Want to be wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom