Oregon prediction thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Oregon prediction thread

Reaction Score
I'm going to be bummed if they fall into the "one pass and jack a three" offense they're prone to sometimes. I noticed that they put up something like 16 threes in the first half yesterday which is entirely too many for a team with no shooters. Easy recipe to get run out of the gym.

Reaction Score
A victory vs Oregon would be nice but if not, I am not putting KO against the wall, if you do that's fine
I just want to see how some of the freshmen and the new guys like DO and Anderson react under big lights
Then again who does UConn have who has been there - JA and CV? Deep

I agree this isn't a back to wall game. UConn can lose to Oregon. But they need to be competitive and look like they belong.

Then again who does UConn have who's been there? That's on Ollie. This one game doesn't determine his future but he shouldn't get excuses.

Reaction Score
Oregon 82
UConn: 76
If we want to have an ok chance whatever big it may be needs to do good on Brown. Pritchard played well last year as I remember, hopefully we can stop his 3.

Reaction Score
Im a pro KO guy and this is definitely a back against the wall game. Here's why.

If we get blown out against Oregon again KO will be in the hot seat. If we are competitive, but still lose, KO will be ok. But this is the definition of back against the wall. So KO doesn't need to win. He just cant spot Oregon 15+ pts and be uncompetitive. That's how tight things are at the moment for KO. Each time KO gets blown out this year you will hear grumblings about his future.

Last edited:

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We have a few talented individuals looking forward to this game, they have something to prove. I think every one of our big three is productive and the young Ducks fold under pressure. It will be a home game for them, but it's not their home court. Their crowd will pump us up too

Huskies prevail

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Nice pom-poms, but we got down 18-3 in the first 6 minutes of last year's Maui tournament against both Oklahoma State and Oregon, and basically never threatened.

KO has something to prove here about his team's ability to come out and deliver the first punch.
I would like to see us deliver the first punch on the defensive end rather than forcing shots

Reaction Score
Lost a lot of their Final 4 team. Have played literally the 3 worst teams in CBB. Hard to say. They’re supposed to be decent.
This is so true. I am not saying we should be favored playing Oregon in what is essentially a home game for them, but just as we don't know how good we are, the same goes true for them. Lot of new players, and they have played about as soft a schedule as possible at this point.

I expect a close game as both teams try to figure themselves out. I hope our guard play can carry us to a close win.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The pessimism here seems very much unwarranted. Last year we played a much stronger Oregon team, and stayed within ten pretty much all game, losing by exactly 10. That was with a team that had recently lost two starters and hadn't figured out how to play without them. This year, we have a much better team, and they have a much worse team. I'd say that's worth at least ten points.

My prediction is that this is a 1-2 point game decided by the last shot.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree this isn't a back to wall game. UConn can lose to Oregon. But they need to be competitive and look like they belong.

Then again who does UConn have who's been there? That's on Ollie. This one game doesn't determine his future but he shouldn't get excuses.

That's on KO?
OK

Reaction Score
The steady hand of Anderson off the bench(he steps up the defense) , and how the trio of Onuorah/Carlton/Cobb compete on the glass and in the paint are the keys for me. I’m also expecting guys like vital larrier and Adams to hit threes. I predict a close win for the good guys. 72-66

Reaction Score
I think if this doesn't happen again, it should be a pretty good game:
"The Ducks attacked the Huskies from the opening tip, scoring the game's first 10 points, racing out to an 18-point lead.

Ollie called a timeout 41 seconds into the game and Adams, the Huskies' leading scorer, headed to the bench at 17:03 after picking up his second foul."

Reaction Score
My takeaways from this thread:
1. None of us know how good our team is.
2. None of us know a thing about the team we are playing.
3. Last year really broke our fans... emotionally.

All in all a good read, though.
Seriously, this thread is depressing. People acting like we have no chance and are going to get blown out. Oregon lost pretty much everyone from last year and Jalen should be the best player on the court. The fan base is absolutely shook, from these posts you would think we were playing the Warriors instead of some mediocre Oregon team.

Reaction Score
As long as Jalen does not start 0 for 5 and 1 for 8 or whatever. Uconn needs a strong performance from Jalen to win. If he struggles...well, this is not the game to struggle. But if he does, it will be a long night for Uconn IMO.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I wasn't expecting much of a game in 2013 when Ollie and his inherited team (with something to prove) boarded a plane on the way to Germany for that airplane hanger early season game. - and our guards proved to be too much for top 20 MSU, right from the start.

If our guards bring their games, we can compete (and win).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What is the betting line on this game? I can't seem to find it online, but it may be too early as the sites I have seen only have the games through Weds up right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom