Optimism | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Optimism

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Birds of a feather.

I dont know what that is supposed to mean.
But Ive had beers with stainmaster in the real world as I'm wont to do with all kinds of boneyarders with different plumages. Hes a real good guy.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
How can the dude be so negative on a thread labeled “optimism”?

I like you too chief and we need to throw back a beer this season .

I will grant that stain may go after you a bit hard a little too frequently, but I see it as more along the lines of that is his schtick answering your schtick. And if you are going to have a schtick (and you most certainly do, I personally find it highly entertaining) it invites people to rebut with schticks of their own.
I get why some take umbrage with the frequency or intensity and its their right to have those views, I get it. Me? I dont get worked up about people on a message board either way. A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest ...............................

C

Chief00

I like you too chief and we need to throw back a beer this season .

I will grant that stain may go after you a bit hard a little too frequently, but I see it as more along the lines of that is his schtick answering your schtick. And if you are going to have a schtick (and you most certainly do, I personally find it highly entertaining) it invites people to rebut with schticks of their own.
I get why some take umbrage with the frequency or intensity and its their right to have those views, I get it. Me? I dont get worked up about people on a message board either way. A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest ......

That’s fine but I don’t really want to be associated with Stairmaster’s negativity - it’s too down about today’s World. The dude needs to adjust - it’s not the 1950’s in Storrs anymore.
What I have learned (admittedly too slowly) is when I respond to him - I de facto put myself in the same category.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That’s fine but I don’t really want to be associated with Stairmaster’s negativity - it’s too down about today’s World. The dude needs to adjust - it’s not the 1950’s in Storrs anymore.
What I have learned (admittedly too slowly) is when I respond to him - I de facto put myself in the same category.
You do realize that you had your tenacious negative moment once upon a time.

Hint: Begins with

Reaction Score
You don’t understand our players or coaches. If you are on the team you are a brother. It doesn’t matters if you start or not. Granted KO likes his Capitol Grille - but Coach Chill is comfortable at a casual “Pizza Parlor” as you term it. Each is fine. Coach Calhoun liked the casual places too.

KO, Chill, & JC always keepin it real for the casual fans

(Sorry couldn't resist)

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
This is absolute nonsense. Your insults directed towards me are far more appropriate for Chief's posts.

I do plenty in terms of starting and updating threads on recruits UConn has offered, discussing and debating strategy, lineups, and (during the season) the performance of the team. I'm online very often and post social media updates on the team whenever I see them for other users who don't have access to those platforms. On the rare occasions when I have information about prospects UConn is recruiting, I share them quietly in a non-egotistical way and never heckle others for not respecting my inside knowledge enough.

I'll frame it again: Chief believes that our recruiting successes in 2015-16 only came because someone in a bench player's entourage threw parties, and that the current wave of commitments is due to him sitting down with an assistant coach and "refining" a "strategy" together at a pizza parlor. And you have the nerve to call my posts drivel?

I don't see you discussing and debating strategy, lineups or the performance of the team. I see you attacking people you don't agree with ad nauseum. Chief on the other hand makes me laugh, which is (I hope) his goal. Goofy posters are always more entertaining than bitter, whining posters.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, I won’t respond anymore if he attacks me. Unfortunately, my instincts may be to still defend a former HOF coach, Coach Chill and fellows from Baltimore and Middletown.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
For anyone who's curious, managed to pull up a vid of Chief.

Don't let the haters get ya down brotha, we love ya out herrr in da yard!!!
Keep on, keeping on

Reaction Score
Let me see if I can explain it to you. There are three camps on Chief. 1) Those that thinks he's a farce and can't stand his stuff. 2) Those who think it's satirical and find humor in it. 3) Those who believes he's connected and find value in his input. But the bottom line is your continual attack and weird crusade against him won't change a single mind in any of those camps.

Maybe this is simpler: He looks better than you in the back and forth.

I am firmly in camp #2. It's entertaining, whether intentional (semi-trolling/satire) or unintentional (he really believes what he says). If you know not to take it too seriously, there's no harm in it.

And occasionally there's some useful info, though maybe in a broken-clock-twice-a-day sort of way.

Reaction Score
Nobody likes Stairmaster. Fact. Confirmed.

The Chief00 persona is pure gold.

Man…this is ridiculous! Do we need to take sides…again? Boneyarder A has a beef with Boneyarder B, now what? What side do we need to take; the one who has the best cut downs or the one who has the most followers or likes? Isn’t this stupid though…it’s all about our opinions, I think this and you think that, so you’re wrong because you don’t think like me? Yup…you can’t argue with that logic!

Have we forgotten that this is the Boneyard, you know…the UCONN basketball forum. We get to write down our opinions about; Coach, Team, Game, Player, School and…Off Topics. Who’s to say who’s right or who’s wrong? Who died and left whomever in charge to make that decision? It’s all about our opinions, get it?

We all have opinions, sometimes more than one, depending on the subject. This bickering is really petty and…really, really tiring. I believe that most posters on this forum are older than 11 years old, so, I’m guessing that we’ve all grown past the “I don’t like what he said and neither should you, join my side and we’ll gang up on him to make him back down and look bad” stage, don’t you think? I guess that’s my opinion and quite possibly not yours. So, who’s right? If I’ve learned one thing in life it’s this; If I don’t like to be treated wrong, what makes me think that if I treat others wrongly, they will like it?

If I don’t agree with you, then I don’t agree with you, fine. No need to throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing and put me in a verbal head lock and make me say uncle to prove that your point is more valid than mine is. It’s my opinion, and with $4.00 and my opinion, you can get yourself a serious cup of coffee! Just my opinion.

I frequent the Boneyard pretty often because I want to know more about UCONN basketball. I come here to learn about recruiting, the team, the players, the games and the coaches. I don’t post a lot, is it because I don’t like how people may be treated when their opinions don’t line up with Boneyarder A’s opinion who has the most likes, or Boneyarder B’s opinion who has the most posts…not really sure. I do know that I have refrained from posting a few times because of the verbal attacks I have seen others face when their opinion was not popular with one faction of another. I didn’t feel like messing with that stuff so I just clicked out. Just voicing my opinion, who’s to say it’s right or wrong, it’s all perspective really, you may agree or you may disagree…your opinion.

Not trying to be offensive, just want to add my two cents worth (just a bit more than what my opinion is worth!) to the daily divide I see on the Boneyard…it’s just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Details please.
We're you around the cesspool for citrus? Go look for citrusdog posts and you should find it. One of the best boneyard threads of all time, or at least since I've been here

Reaction Score
He's just a dirty casual. You don't need to dignify him by associating with those kinds.

Reaction Score
Man…this is ridiculous! Do we need to take sides…again? Boneyarder A has a beef with Boneyarder B, now what? What side do we need to take; the one who has the best cut downs or the one who has the most followers or likes? Isn’t this stupid though…it’s all about our opinions, I think this and you think that, so you’re wrong because you don’t think like me? Yup…you can’t argue with that logic!

Have we forgotten that this is the Boneyard, you know…the UCONN basketball forum. We get to write down our opinions about; Coach, Team, Game, Player, School and…Off Topics. Who’s to say who’s right or who’s wrong? Who died and left whomever in charge to make that decision? It’s all about our opinions, get it?

We all have opinions, sometimes more than one, depending on the subject. This bickering is really petty and…really, really tiring. I believe that most posters on this forum are older than 11 years old, so, I’m guessing that we’ve all grown past the “I don’t like what he said and neither should you, join my side and we’ll gang up on him to make him back down and look bad” stage, don’t you think? I guess that’s my opinion and quite possibly not yours. So, who’s right? If I’ve learned one thing in life it’s this; If I don’t like to be treated wrong, what makes me think that if I treat others wrongly, they will like it?

If I don’t agree with you, then I don’t agree with you, fine. No need to throw a monkey wrench in the whole thing and put me in a verbal head lock and make me say uncle to prove that your point is more valid than mine is. It’s my opinion, and with $4.00 and my opinion, you can get yourself a serious cup of coffee! Just my opinion.

I frequent the Boneyard pretty often because I want to know more about UCONN basketball. I come here to learn about recruiting, the team, the players, the games and the coaches. I don’t post a lot, is it because I don’t like how people may be treated when their opinions don’t line up with Boneyarder A’s opinion who has the most likes, or Boneyarder B’s opinion who has the most posts…not really sure. I do know that I have refrained from posting a few times because of the verbal attacks I have seen others face when their opinion was not popular with one faction of another. I didn’t feel like messing with that stuff so I just clicked out. Just voicing my opinion, who’s to say it’s right or wrong, it’s all perspective really, you may agree or you may disagree…your opinion.

Not trying to be offensive, just want to add my two cents worth (just a bit more than what my opinion is worth!) to the daily divide I see on the Boneyard…it’s just my opinion.

Take a look at his last 8 or 10 posts on this basketball board. I bet nearly all of them are taking issue with other posters. If you think that adds value, you are entitled to your belief. I just see a guy who's whole MO is looking to argue, rather than discuss basketball. Just my .02

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom