Open Practice Tuesday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Open Practice Tuesday

Reaction Score
Only season ticket holders
I just happen to be off from work that day. What time does practice start? And is it being held in Gampel or the practice facility?
And has to RSVP invite

Reaction Score
Oh go yourself. This is why the board loses posters like Zionn. I didn't say it was true or false, I said I've heard chatter.

Disagree. Can't put a part of the Ollie dossier out there and then when called on it get away with insults as a response. You said it, now back it up.
I say Ollie hasn't recruited kids that can shoot well enough, I can back that "claim/interpretation" up by pointing to the team's 2 point and 3 point shooting %'s. Someone can say why can't he just teach them to shoot, legit question, my answer is hard to do (why didn't he teach himself how to shoot better) and wasn't it lucky that Ben Gordan went to UConn so he got good shooting instruction and too bad Taliek went to UConn 'case he got bad shooting instruction (kind of supports my point you recruit shooters more likely than develop them)? So I can back up poor recruiting claim (whether true of not I have some at least reasonable although not conclusive support), back up your chatter claim, it doesn't have to be conclusive but should at least be reasonable.

Reaction Score
Don't know about the rest of you but I am looking forward to seeing Ollie in a setting other than a game. May give us an idea of whether it is lack of teaching by staff or lack of execution by players.

Also excited to check out Did and try to gauge his potential contributions next season.
Your reward for driving up to Storrs, is that they charge u $5 to park.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Can't put a part of the Ollie dossier out there and then when called on it get away with insults as a response. You said it, now back it up.
I say Ollie hasn't recruited kids that can shoot well enough, I can back that "claim/interpretation" up by pointing to the team's 2 point and 3 point shooting %'s. Someone can say why can't he just teach them to shoot, legit question, my answer is hard to do (why didn't he teach himself how to shoot better) and wasn't it lucky that Ben Gordan went to UConn so he got good shooting instruction and too bad Taliek went to UConn 'case he got bad shooting instruction (kind of supports my point you recruit shooters more likely than develop them)? So I can back up poor recruiting claim (whether true of not I have some at least reasonable although not conclusive support), back up your chatter claim, it doesn't have to be conclusive but should at least be reasonable.
Your mistake is thinking that I owe you or anyone else anything. I don't. I've heard from multiple people that this was the case. Who they are matters less considering it's the same story over and over again.

Reaction Score
Your mistake is thinking that I owe you or anyone else anything. I don't. I've heard from multiple people that this was the case. Who they are matters less considering it's the same story over and over again.

A.K.A Gossip, heresay, or rumors.

So at this point anyone who says or hears anything negative about Ollie even if it be from the guy bagging groceries should be posted in the Boneyard as long as it is to keep up the negative agenda??

So anyone can say the heard chatter about the coach? Or is it only if it smears Ollie ?

Don’t make statements about a man regarding his being at practice online for the world to see unless you know it for fact.. Regardless if he is a terrible coach or not..

Reaction Score

So at this point anyone who says or hears anything negative about Ollie even if it be from the guy bagging groceries should be posted in the Boneyard as long as it is to keep up the negative agenda??

So anyone can say the heard chatter about the coach? Or is it only if it smears Ollie ?
Yes. I said chatter for a reason. I didn't say that I know it for a fact. I also predicated the statement with "for what it's worth"

If we weren't allowed to post rumors and rumblings there would be no need for a messageboard.

Reaction Score

Don’t make statements about a man regarding his being at practice online for the world to see unless you know it for fact.. Regardless if he is a terrible coach or not..

Negative agenda? The team is terrible and people are blaming KO. This is a message board, it's not a court of law. Rumors outside of transfer speculation are fine and should obviously be taken with a grain of salt. Defending KO so fanatically from someone impugning his reputation by saying he shows up late to practice seems a little much.

Reaction Score
Oh so if you put “heard it’s chatter “ in front of a smear rumor you publicized its OK.?

Good thing nobody heard any chatter about you and your work ethic... I bet you would not like it if someone did, then put it on the website for your employer and your customers without any proof or facts to back it up.

Reaction Score
Yes. I said chatter for a reason. I didn't say that I know it for a fact. I also predicated the statement with "for what it's worth"

If we weren't allowed to post rumors and rumblings there would be no need for a messageboard.

Negative agenda? The team is terrible and people are blaming KO. This is a message board, it's not a court of law. Rumors outside of transfer speculation are fine and should obviously be taken with a grain of salt. Defending KO so fanatically from someone impugning his reputation by saying he shows up late to practice seems a little much.

Ollie has done a terrible job and should be gone. But acting like a teenager spreading rumors is just such a low level to go.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score

And has to RSVP invite

Interesting. I am a season ticket holder. I need to check my email. I should have been contacted then.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
FWIW I've heard a lot of chatter about him showing up late and leaving early
This is extremely hard to believe. I would guess even the people in the Fire Ollie court would admit that lack of effort is not one of this man's flaws.

Reaction Score
I hope some BY'ers go and take studious notes, and are ready to report back within the week.

This will be very enlightening. Just the same I also think it could be the most active Ollie is all year in practice, you know...because people are there to see.

Still, lets see what he is trying to teach the kids, how hard everyone works, etc.
You have to know how to navigate the terrain when participating in functions like this (Open Practice). Look at it this way...There is a reason Yellowstone is closed during the winter. It is dangerous. Does that mean if you were one of a group of people to get a two hour tour of Yellowstone during the winter that you wouldn't see some wildlife? I bet my life on it we could see a few wolves in a pack depending on where you look.

This practice is no different. It is all about OPPORTUNITY. Kathy and others very easily could be the ones that witness that rare sighting and get to interact with it. Think a snowy white owl per se packing on a few pounds or any number of other possibilities.

Ya feel'in me bro?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score

And has to RSVP invite

Interesting. I am a season ticket holder. I need to check my email. I should have been contacted then.

Just checked my email. Never got the invite. Does anyone know who I can contact to RSVP. I would really like to sit through a practice.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

I’ve actually heard from multiple sources that the practices are intense to the point that players become disengaged from exhaustion. FWIW

Reaction Score
Just checked my email. Never got the invite. Does anyone know who I can contact to RSVP. I would really like to sit through a practice.
It’s for season ticket holders and donors of a specific ammount. I imagine its based off priority points.

Reaction Score
I’ve actually heard from multiple sources that the practices are intense to the point that players become disengaged from exhaustion. FWIW
Maybe. That has nothing to do with a coach showing up on later than everyone or being the first out the door, though

Reaction Score
Ollie has done a terrible job and should be gone. But acting like a teenager spreading rumors is just such a low level to go.
What do you think messageboard are for? It sounds like you're just not cut out for this internet thing

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Look at how people treated Zionn and 99 and then look at how often they post anymore. They'll pop up now and again but they're not an active part of the community anymore and I assume it's because they got trashed repeatedly by the pollyannas

At least one admitted they had an agenda, which undeniably compromises the “inside information” they chose to reveal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom