Open Practice Tuesday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Open Practice Tuesday

Reaction Score
Well FWIW that's not what I hear from my multiple verifiable sources.
It's definitely possible. As I said earlier I just heard the same story from a few people who don't know each other

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
FWIW I've heard a lot of chatter about him showing up late and leaving early
Have you ever played D1 sports? Ever coach D1 sports?
Head coaches, for the most part, come and go during practice because they have a ton of other things on their plates. This isn't high school sports.
Quite a few sit and observe while their assistants and guest coaches run practices. That's why they have these coaches.
The individual coaches are assigned to specific drills and these practices are filmed, the HC and coaches go over the film as a whole and look at players and critique each breakdown unit.
Listen, we all know that you want KO gone Mick but this attempt at cutting him is mind blowing.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yes. I said chatter for a reason. I didn't say that I know it for a fact. I also predicated the statement with "for what it's worth"

If we weren't allowed to post rumors and rumblings there would be no need for a messageboard.
Throw it out and see if it sticks, right?

Reaction Score
It's definitely possible. As I said earlier I just heard the same story from a few people who don't know each other
I don't have a problem with you sharing what you heard. Some people are clearly oversensitive.

But how could the people have that inside information NOT know each other?

You don't have to answer if you are worried about outing a source, but that's a confusing thing to say. Is the circle of people who know when he arrives and leaves practice so large that the people there don't know each other? Doesn't seem logical.

True or not, the reactions are hilarious. As if 1) fans just needed an admittedly unsubstantiated anonymous internet rumor before hopping off the Ollie bandwagon, or 2) Benedict needed the same before pulling the trigger on that buyout. LMAO

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This "practice" will likely be nothing more than a show, with not a lot of coaching on. Why would he do this in the middle of a terrible season? Am I supposed to feel better about the -show I watch during the games because I get to go see Ollie run a practice? This is a baffling decision.

Reaction Score
WingU this issue seems like one going down a slippery slope. You are providing analysis with the intent to find a legit conclusion.

I forsee a mock trial on the horizon via the Boneyard so we can get to the bottom of this credibility issue at hand.

Let me know if you and JMick want to engage in some discourse. Maybe I can help.

Reaction Score
This "practice" will likely be nothing more than a show, with not a lot of coaching on. Why would he do this in the middle of a terrible season? Am I supposed to feel better about the -show I watch during the games because I get to go see Ollie run a practice? This is a baffling decision.
You ask pertinent questions filled with some probing details. Also understand that our compliance rep will be there to shield the vulnerable from various sharks who have an inherent talent at circumventing the system to get the who, why and how answers. Think F Lee Bailey on steroids.

Let’s just respect the process. :)

Reaction Score
But how could the people have that inside information NOT know each other?
it's pretty simple. for example

I know John. John knows a staff member/athletic department person/a player/former player/friend of a player, etc. John tells me he heard rumor 'x.'

Then I'm talking to someone on the boneyard. Boneyard member mentions the same rumor 'x' that John told me about.

Then I talk to my coworker. Coworker also mentions rumor 'x.' So I know for certain that John and coworker are not the same person. Could John or the coworker be the boneyard member I talked to? It's highly unlikely, but even if true there's still two separate sources repeating rumor 'x'

That doesn't mean the rumor didn't originate from the same place, but given the circumstances it's pretty unlikely. It also doesn't make the rumor true, but it does lend a little more credibility. Especially when John, Boneyard member, and coworker are usually on the same page in terms of stories/rumors/information

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At least one admitted they had an agenda, which undeniably compromises the “inside information” they chose to reveal.
I must have missed that one.

Reaction Score

I know John. John knows a staff member/athletic department person/a player/former player/friend of a player, etc. John tells me he heard rumor 'x.'

Then I'm talking to someone on the boneyard. Boneyard member mentions the same rumor 'x' that John told me about.

Then I talk to my coworker. Coworker also mentions rumor 'x.' So I know for certain that John and coworker are not the same person. Could John or the coworker be the boneyard member I talked to? It's highly unlikely, but even if true there's still two separate sources repeating rumor 'x'

That doesn't mean the rumor didn't originate from the same place, but given the circumstances it's pretty unlikely. It also doesn't make the rumor true, but it does lend a little more credibility. Especially when John, Boneyard member, and coworker are usually on the same page in terms of stories/rumors/information
U r getting BS info n u believe what u want to believe. I play pick up basketball with the current n former UCONN WBB at the South Windsor LA Fitness. The games r coed cause the girls wants competition. They tell me about the MBB team all the time. Your INFO is grossly inaccurate. The team is very cohesive this yr

Reaction Score
U r getting BS info n u believe what u want to believe. I play pick up basketball with the current n former UCONN WBB at the South Windsor LA Fitness. The games r coed cause the girls wants competition. They tell me about the MBB team all the time. Your INFO is grossly inaccurate. The team is very cohesive this yr

You think a formee women's player has info on the men's team?

Even former men's team player have no idea what's going on with the team any more, man.

Get a grip.

Jmick may be crazy, but talking to WBB players aint the way to prove it

Reaction Score
You think a formee women's player has info on the men's team?

Even former men's team player have no idea what's going on with the team any more, man.

Get a grip.

Jmick may be crazy, but talking to WBB players aint the way to prove it
Dude, they r also current uconn plyaers who practice in the same facility as the uconn mbb. They told me about Enoch last yr and his Durham.

Reaction Score

Okay thanks for the explanation, basically 2nd, 3rd hand info. Still don't understand why the uproar. If I got paid what Ollie got paid, i'd gladly accept the risk of people on the internet sharing rumors they heard. It means so little to his boss, who cares? And if his boss is listening to internet rumors, instead of evaluating the performance, and the amount of legitimate complaints about his performance, then he should be fired too.

Reaction Score
Dude, they r also current uconn plyaers who practice in the same facility as the uconn mbb. They told me about Enoch last yr and his Durham.

Enoch and his Durham. Where can one obtain a Durham?

Reaction Score
he is one of Ollie's buddies who does nothing but shill for him and make threads bashing players that decided not to come here
Wow, partying with Ollie sure beats my boring suburban existence

Reaction Score
So did anybody here go? If not this is all much ado about nothing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is extremely hard to believe. I would guess even the people in the Fire Ollie court would admit that lack of effort is not one of this man's flaws.

Are you kidding me? Go watch the last couple minutes of the USF game. He put no effort in whatsoever into coaching that game, especially at crunch time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom