Open Practice 10/12 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Open Practice 10/12

Reaction Score
Kinda like Marcus Williams?

Probably but much much smaller. Marcus's size equipped him with the ability to be physical too plus our best passer to wear the uni. But in terms of movement and ability good call.

Reaction Score
Probably but much much smaller. Marcus's size equipped him with the ability to be physical too plus our best passer to wear the uni. But in terms of movement and ability good call.

My take on Cole after watching some videos:

Smart, crafty player who passes well and can score in a variety of ways. Good footwork and crafty enough to create space or penetrate well despite fairly ordinary athleticism for a D1 guard. Shot is kind of funny looking, but he has nice touch and will certainly rack up some points and assists. Will be a great addition to the backcourt next season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

A much shorter, less physical Marcus who isn't as good a passer doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence. Hopefully he's a better shooter than Marcus was.

My take on Cole after watching some videos:

Smart, crafty player who passes well and can score in a variety of ways. Good footwork and crafty enough to create space or penetrate well despite fairly ordinary athleticism for a D1 guard. Shot is kind of funny looking, but he has nice touch and will certainly rack up some points and assists. Will be a great addition to the backcourt next season.

From this and the other observations, he sounds like a good player. But maybe also a guy who could get passed by Gaffney if not next year, maybe the year after. So that as a senior he'd be that reliable veteran backup PG for key situations.

Reaction Score
A much shorter, less physical Marcus who isn't as good a passer doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence. Hopefully he's a better shooter than Marcus was.

From this and the other observations, he sounds like a good player. But maybe also a guy who could get passed by Gaffney if not next year, maybe the year after. So that as a senior he'd be that reliable veteran backup PG for key situations.

Can’t say from here haven’t seen him other than videos. If he turns out to be a back up because Jaylen G is that good then we will all be very happy. Just from video he’d be a wonderful 2nd PG I can assume.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Cole averaged 24 as a freshman and 21 as a sophomore, averaged nearly 6.5 assists both years, won conference player of the year. His offense will be fine. My main concern is his defense, he was a below average defender against much worse competition, he has short arms and slower foot speed than you’d like for a PG. Hopefully this year off will help him improve that aspect of his game.

Reaction Score
He will have another year of elgibility but he graduates this year and it's been hinted at he'll leave. It's not a foregone conclusion but most think he'll leave.
Ok, thank you.

Reaction Score

I thought Cole was supposed to be better than some of these posts make him out to be. When we first got him , the media and hurley seemed like he was a really really good pick up.

Reaction Score
I thought Cole was supposed to be better than some of these posts make him out to be. When we first got him , the media and hurley seemed like he was a really really good pick up.

Big question mark coming from the worst d1 league. The good news is he performed well as the only real option on his team against the OOC games against better competition still.

Reaction Score

I think he is better than many people here realize. He is a very solid player and scorer. I think he will become a fan favorite, and be a great addition from a depth standpoint. He could even be better than that as he put up big numbers against lower D1 competition and the likes of Georgetown as well. I love our depth at guard next season especially if AG returns.

Reaction Score

He's definitely a guy who could put up 15/game on a P5 level team. There's little question about his ability to score and shoot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom