One of the strangest endings ever | Page 5 | The Boneyard

One of the strangest endings ever

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Having him inbound the ball would be a fireable offense. You're just looking for something to criticize -- and failing.
but having him take the shot with 7 seconds on the clock is fine and dandy oh well he missed? Lol okay.

Reaction Score
but having him take the shot with 7 seconds on the clock is fine and dandy oh well he missed? Lol okay.

He caught it, pump faked, looked to pass, nobody open (since they weren't guarding him) and then put up the shot. You're clueless. "Run offense" -- thanks for the laugh.

Reaction Score
What would you rather have a wide open shot or a turnover pass to the other team or a 5 second call? Tough question

polycom

Reaction Score
What would you rather have a wide open shot or a turnover pass to the other team or a 5 second call? Tough question
He caught it, pump faked, looked to pass, nobody open (since they weren't guarding him) and then put up the shot. You're clueless. "Run offense" -- thanks for the laugh.
So you both are satisfied with a walk on shooting a game tying shot with 7 seconds on the clock. That’s fine. I’m not. I’d rather one of the scholarship players you know the ones who are in school for their basketball ability to get the ball and shoot it. I’d also like for our coach who we play 3M+/year to make sure we aren’t stuck in the exact situation we were in.... with a ice cold walk on shooting a game tying jumper. But what do I know I’m just a random guy on the internet.

Reaction Score
So you both are satisfied with a walk on shooting a game tying shot with 7 seconds on the clock. That’s fine. I’m not. I’d rather one of the scholarship players you know the ones who are in school for their basketball ability to get the ball and shoot it. I’d also like for our coach who we play 3M+/year to make sure we aren’t stuck in the exact situation we were in.... with a ice cold walk on shooting a game tying jumper. But what do I know I’m just a random guy on the internet.

Nelson-esque straw man there.

Reaction Score
You have proven how little you know with some of your comments in this thread.

polycom

Reaction Score
You have proven how little you know with some of your comments in this thread.
Cool. Next you’ll say if we replace the walk on for Carlton you’ll still want him to shoot it with 7 seconds left

Reaction Score
It makes less sense having him take the shot with 7 seconds on the clock. Run offense. Don’t have a walk on take crucial shots.

might not seem like it but inbounding the ball from the corner is harder than making a wide open shot, it just is. but idk why gilbert, gaffney, adams, akok, and whaley werent the 5 guys on the floor

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Hurley slappys on this board (and there are plenty of them) are priceless. It is inexcusable that a walk on was in the game and even more inexcusable that a walk on took the game-tying shot. If that happened at the high school level where a kid who never played took a game tying shot at the very end of the game it would be inexcusable. This guy is getting paid $3 million a year. If by now people can't see something is off with his coaching it can only be because they can't face reality. Some of the bigger questions are why has this team regressed from Charleston and why has Gilbert regressed as a player under Hurley.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Dan Hurley's explanation:

“We were trying to get Temi into that opposite corner and just hope that they would take that fourth defender and occupy him, but they did a great job of using those four guys to take away the three guys we had in action,” Hurley said. “They’re smart. They didn’t play Temi and funneled the ball his way.”

Reaction Score

“We were trying to get Temi into that opposite corner and just hope that they would take that fourth defender and occupy him, but they did a great job of using those four guys to take away the three guys we had in action,” Hurley said. “They’re smart. They didn’t play Temi and funneled the ball his way.”

V and you weren’t because no one in this board would cover any walk on including Andre Drummond! And none of us are Calvin Sampson. That was a rookie move.

Reaction Score
Any other regular player was a better option for that situation. Terrible decision.

Reaction Score
Gotta remember a good 3 point shooter misses 6 out of 10 threes. Acting like one of our other guys would have drilled it is silly given our overall shooting is far from good. The trick with a team that doesn’t shoot well is to play a little smarter and make free throws so you aren’t constantly in this position.

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

He really thought UH was going to chase Temi? That cannot be the basis of your last play.

Reaction Score
Lol maybe he opened the chat and saw everyone yelling about never letting CV or AG touch the ball again and wanted everyone here to be happy.
Seriously!
Boneyard: don’t let CV or AG ever touch the ball!! We don’t like Gaffney either!!

(Trim touches the ball)

Boneyard: WHAT IS THIS????!??

Reaction Score
I still can't believe how many people seem to not understand what happened. We had 6 scholarship players. Houston had the ball. It was overwhelmingly likely that we were going to have to immediately foul on the inbounds. Whaley had four fouls. Carlton is not particularly fast. So Temi was in to give a foul. We unexpectedly forced a five-second violation. Since no time passed, we couldn't take him out. We didn't run a play for him. Temi was wide open, so to avoid a five-second call, we passed to him. He got the most wide open look available. While Gilbert was open at the top of the key, I understand not having the presence of mind to pass there. Look, I was as surprised - and initially, outraged - as the rest of you. But we didn't put him in for the purpose of him getting the game-tying shot. And there is no way way I want a walk-on passing it in there. As frustrating as that play was, I'm more upset we blew a 6-point lead in the closing minutes.

We're close to being back. We're going to get there. We need a little better execution, and at this point, a little bit of luck for once.

Reaction Score
Hurley had no timeouts left so the only way to get Temi out was a foul situation. Gaffney had 0, Akok had 1, Gilbert had 2 and Carlton 3. I would take a chance that either Whaley or Adam's foul out than the chance that Temi would be in for our offensive set. I feel for the kid - he should not been put in that situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom