One of the strangest endings ever | Page 4 | The Boneyard

One of the strangest endings ever

Reaction Score
Why the walk on was in doesn’t matter the question is why was he not the inbounder? Even if he throws a bad inbounds it’s better that 4 shooters are out there than 3...

So you want a walk on to inbound the ball in the corner of UH's hoop with 7 seconds left? THAT is worse than the shot he took. And he didn't miss any worse than any of our other players who shot us to 30% from the field...

Reaction Score
He should've just stood off to the side and let the big boys try and make a play
With Temi "letting the big boys play", we would have had a 5 second call or a live-ball turnover. With Temi being proactive, we got a wide open mid range shot from a guy who has taken it 10,000 times. No brainer. Sucks he missed but he did more than would be fair to ask of him.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
With Temi "letting the big boys play", we would have had a 5 second call or a live-ball turnover. With Temi being proactive, we got a wide open mid range shot from a guy who has taken it 10,000 times. No brainer. Sucks he missed but he did more than would be fair to ask of him.
a missed jumper is more than fair to ask of him? what the hell could he have done that was worse

Reaction Score
So you want a walk on to inbound the ball in the corner of UH's hoop with 7 seconds left? THAT is worse than the shot he took. And he didn't miss any worse than any of our other players who shot us to 30% from the field...
Makes no sense. We struggle getting the ball in with our guys who play 30 minutes per game inbounding.

Reaction Score
a missed jumper is more than fair to ask of him? what the hell could he have done that was worse
I think it's unfair to ask a walkon to sit for 39.8 minutes, be thrown into the game without being involved in the play call (Carlton was in the huddle and put into the game before being removed), still expect him to know what to do, dodge a close out from a 6'5" wing, and attempt the game tying shot.

Stop being a dick about it.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Am I allowed to criticize Hurley, or is it still Ollie's fault?
2890861-albacore-tuna-taking-the-bait.jpg

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I think it's unfair to ask a walkon to sit for 39.8 minutes, be thrown into the game without being involved in the play call (Carlton was in the huddle and put into the game before being removed), still expect him to know what to do, dodge a close out from a 6'5" wing, and attempt the game tying shot.

Stop being a dick about it.
Hey, I like the guy and I've even met him before. Just saying that "he did more than fair of what could be asked" is pretty dumb when all he did was miss a game tying shot.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

so you rather someone who has taken maybe 10 shots all year to take the biggest shot of his life v. Inbound the basketball? You can’t be serious.

Reaction Score
Makes no sense. We struggle getting the ball in with our guys who play 30 minutes per game inbounding.

We didn't have trouble inbounding the ball tonight. Now you want a walkon to pass it in from a tight angle? That makes no sense

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
It makes less sense having him take the shot with 7 seconds on the clock. Run offense. Don’t have a walk on take crucial shots.

Reaction Score

he could of turned it over without getting the shot up. Pretty certain Gilbert or vital have done that 3 or 4 times this year.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Who puts a walk-on in for the win?
The way coach Hurley was consoling him afterwards tells me the play didn't go quite as planned. I don't believe Aiyegbusi was the intended shooter but we'll have to see what coach says in the presser.

Reaction Score
Starting to think Gilbert bets against Uconn every game based on his play down the stretch!! How could you be the starting PG at the college level and not be able to knock down a free throw. Not to mention turn the ball over every other play.
At this point, the team is going nowhere this year. Gilbert played 36 minutes, Gaffney 14. Time to flip that around and let Gaffney get alot more experience so he'll be ready to run the offense next year.

Reaction Score
lol so we are defending a coach putting in a walkon, not having him inbound the ball and take a game tying jump shot in a conference game. This is what you are defending lol. We got what we deserve.
He was in the game to foul couldn’t get subbed out and you have your best in bounder pass the ball in when you have no timeouts bc if we get 5 second call we lose so you would have a walk on pass the ball in thank god you don’t coach

Reaction Score
At this point, the team is going nowhere this year. Gilbert played 36 minutes, Gaffney 14. Time to flip that around and let Gaffney get alot more experience so he'll be ready to run the offense next year.
I think the fact that Gaffney dribbled out of bounds limited his time until everyone else fouled out. It seems like he panics on the road, then again he was cool as a cucumber in the final minutes. His handle is really suspect, yet he seems like he can score.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
And a bunch of idiot armchair qb's get exposed again.

Unless the same idiots think we drew the play up for him . . .
Nope, wasn't his fault. He got a good look though, but it just didn't fall. Might have been legendary if it had!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom