Olympics US Women 3x3 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Olympics US Women 3x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very competitive game with ROC. I thought Gray and Dolson were the difference makers today. Seems Gray and Plum alternate games as high scorer but today Gray had a few defensive stops and some clutch baskets down the stretch as well. I think Young has been a liability on defense so far.

Reaction Score
Very competitive game with ROC. I thought Gray and Dolson were the difference makers today. Seems Gray and Plum alternate games as high scorer but today Gray had a few defensive stops and some clutch baskets down the stretch as well. I think Young has been a liability on defense so far.
Young is a good defender. She just hasn't played enough with the core. Now...Allisha Gray impresses the heck out of me. Just a quiet assassin. And her progression from SC to now...is remarkable.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
U.S. women's basketball 3x3 team improves to 4-0 at Tokyo Olympics after late rally past ROC (espn.com)

"They're a really good team, and they've been playing together as you can see," Plum said of the ROC team. "They make a lot of really good reads. So I'm just proud of the way we battled. We could have gotten down on ourselves when we got down early, but we didn't, and we got the win."

"It's great that we played a team like Russia early and had that type of game now, rather than not having it until the semifinals or in the gold medal game," Gray said. "So I think that was a good test for us. It tested our mentality, and we were strong and pulled it out."

Reaction Score
Allisha’ s always been a silent assassin. She’s so even keeled that you forget how skilled she is and her rebounding has always set her apart from other guards. Her winning ROY was no fluke. Like most pros, she has continued to progress.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Monday:
vs. Italy at 4:55 a.m. ET
vs. China at 8:00 a.m. ET

Some conflict with Canada ./ Serbia 5 x 5. 4:20 a.m and also Japan / France 9 a.m.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
US 3 x 3 had 2 really tough games wuth Italy and China. Got through them. The China game was particularly difficult . Tied at 19, Kelsey Plum hits a clutch 2pt shot to win 21-19.

On the 5 x 5 circuit, Canada loses to Serbia. 72-68. Looks like AE is not going to get any meaningful (if any) minutes. Kia started out ice cold but got going a little bit in the 2nd half but the 3 pt shooting just will not cut it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Extremely tough, physical, choppy game against China. Dolson didn't do as much scoring in this game, but she made a couple key plays in crunch time. Gray was again fantastic down the stretch, including a couple of huge blocks. Young starting to contribute a little more to the offense. Plum had a stellar game; her shooting (10 points) kept the US in it throughout and, of course, she splashed the game-winner.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Extremely tough, physical, choppy game against China. Dolson didn't do as much scoring in this game, but she made a couple key plays in crunch time. Gray was again fantastic down the stretch, including a couple of huge blocks. Young starting to contribute a little more to the offense. Plum had a stellar game; her shooting (10 points) kept the US in it throughout and, of course, she splashed the game-winner.
Stephanie looked pretty tired and played off on defense too much to cover the pass imo instead of being big and disrupting the passing lanes from the passer. Maybe Plum and Gray can beeline to the 5 x 5 later. ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Kelsey Plum looking very much like the player that nobody could stop in college when she lead the nation in scoring at 32 ppg, shooting 53% from the floor and 43% from deep.

Reaction Score
Stephanie looked pretty tired and played off on defense too much to cover the pass imo instead of being big and disrupting the passing lanes from the passer. Maybe Plum and Gray can beeline to the 5 x 5 later. ;)

She had to chase down a number of quick smaller players in the earlier Italy game. Not much recovery time between the two games.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Kelsey Plum looking very much like the player that nobody could stop in college when she lead the nation in scoring at 32 ppg, shooting 53% from the floor and 43% from deep.
It's incredible that she tore her achilles just last year. This 3x3 game is very physically demanding. How she and Stewie have both been able to rehab so quickly, and are seemingly in better shape than ever, is just astounding.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
At 6-0, the US is assured of the best overall record in pool play, which earns them a bye to the semifinals. There is one more pool game against a good Japan team that is tied with a number of teams in 2nd place at 4-2.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing this. Some very interesting tidbits.

Some of Allisha Gray's numbers are off the charts! She's far and away leading all players in both blocks and defensive rebounds, and she's tied with the Italian spark plug D Alie for scoring leader.

Dolson leads all players in shooting efficiency (Gray is a close 2nd). I have no idea how they calculate "player value" and "shooting value", but whatever it is, Gray is leading in "player value" by a wide margin (Dolson is #5, Plum #6), while Plum leads in "shooting value" (Gray is #3, Dolson #4).

Plum and Dolson lead all players in 1-point shooting %. One bit of weakness for the US is 2-point shooting %: only Gray (#3) is in the top 10.

Reaction Score
Looking for replay of womens 3x3 games against China. Cannot find it. Found the games against Italy. Watching looks like th USA has lost ot's outside shooting touch.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Looking for replay of womens 3x3 games against China. Cannot find it. Found the games against Italy. Watching looks like th USA has lost ot's outside shooting touch.
Go to session 12. It's the first game of the session.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Diana ready to go for first game

Taurasi says she's ready to go for Team USA opener | Sports | journalinquirer.com

“Getting here to Tokyo was huge knowing we would have these six days on the court and go through the progression that you need when you haven’t been on the court for two-and-a-half, three weeks,” Taurasi said. “The last two days I’ve done pretty much all the things that I need to do to be back on the court. I’ll be ready tomorrow and for as many minutes as Dawn needs I'll be there.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom