Olympics Basketball | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Olympics Basketball

Reaction Score
nothing but dumb iso ball to end the quarter meanwhile Kerr has Hali sitting on the bench with Antman playing mindless hoops. Again, dude needs to be a one and done Team USA coach.

Reaction Score
Too much one on one from USA. Not looking great. They need Hurley as coach to teach them how to play as a team.

End of 3rd Q, USA down by 3 to Germany.
Yup. And rotations and substitutions have not been on point.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Too much one on one from USA. Not looking great. They need Hurley as coach to teach them how to play as a team.

End of 3rd Q, USA down by 3 to Germany.
If Hurley isn’t going to the NBA anytime soon, becoming coach of USA to be thought of as the best coach in basketball still like a Coach K would be a great next move.

It would continue to take us to another stratosphere too.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I’d rather watch curling than this sorry group. Zero entertainment factor.

That was entertaining as hell! USA almost got run out of the building, made a gigantic comeback, choked it away, then needed LeBron to score and the team to play D for one last possession.

It certainly wasn't a good game for the US by any stretch of the imagination but if that's not entertainment I don't know what is. Beating teams by 40?

Although maybe the US should focus on trying to avoid making things "interesting." Up 3 on Germany.

Reaction Score
It’s honestly crazy a 40 yr old is their best player still. Kerr can’t coach outside of the perfect system, and US’ defense is pretty awful.

Reaction Score
If Hurley isn’t going to the NBA anytime soon, becoming coach of USA to be thought of as the best coach in basketball still like a Coach K would be a great next move.

A. If Hurley were a college coach and put in charge of pro's on team USA, the NBA stars probably ain't listening to him
B. If Hurley was coaching USA while still at UConn it'd be too much of springboard to the NBA, no thanks

Even though Kryschglky used his team USA bonafides to help recruiting and NBA connections, Hurley has already proven he doesn't need it.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
A. If Hurley were a college coach and put in charge of pro's on team USA, the NBA stars probably ain't listening to him
B. If Hurley was coaching USA while still at UConn it'd be too much of springboard to the NBA, no thanks

Even though Kryschglky used his team USA bonafides to help recruiting and NBA connections, Hurley has already proven he doesn't need it.
Coach K was able to do it. But maybe Hurley hasn’t had enough longevity to garner the respect he did? Idk.

Coach K recruited just fine before team USA too. It just turned into him having his pick of the litter afterwards.

I’m sure he would love the challenge and to bring his system and coaching to represent the country.

Reaction Score
This is setting up to be a wildly entertaining basketball tournement. Every team with recognizable NBA talent. USA not winning convincingly is sure disappointing but these exhibition games have been fun to watch. I am here for it.

Reaction Score
This is setting up to be a wildly entertaining basketball tournement. Every team with recognizable NBA talent. USA not winning convincingly is sure disappointing but these exhibition games have been fun to watch. I am here for it.
It will only be wildly entertaining if we win.

Reaction Score
Worried about the US taking gold.

Watching that Redeem team doc those guys were locked in and Coach K was a great motivator with 10x the talent of this team. And it still took a heroic last stretch against Spain to win.

Between Kerr, the age of these guys who’ve hardly played together, and how much better the world is. Things may be shaky.
We are and have always been on par with brasil soccer.

Reaction Score
No shirt it’s not the 70s but it would be more enjoyable watching those kids try harder to beat them. Only issue these days is your best college players leave too early to grab the bag in the NBA so it’s not the same in that regard.
Our college kids lose by 30.

There are nba caliber players everywhere. The Americans are the deepest team in the world talent wise.

But the top top 4 nba players are internationals

Reaction Score
Our college kids lose by 30.

There are nba caliber players everywhere. The Americans are the deepest team in the world talent wise.

But the top top 4 nba players are internationals

I have no doubt they wouldn’t win my only point is it was much more fun to watch back in the day. Of course the changes in both our college look and how much better the rest of the world has become is crazy. As I said our juniors and seniors now in college are only there because they’re not NBA level talent yet most are freshman not prepared to compete with the men of the world these days.

Is what it is, impressive wins over Sudan and Germany though lol.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Are we seriously going to blame Kerr with all these supposed hall of famers? lol how about they just play hard enough to win easily? The ncaa kids should still be playing and who cares anyway.
Yes, I'll blame him. It's his job to bench the guys that are playing ISO ball (way too many of them) and not playing defense (also too many). As a whole, the team isn't taking nearly enough 3s and isn't passing the ball. It's on the coach to get those egos to play together.

Reaction Score
Yes, I'll blame him. It's his job to bench the guys that are playing ISO ball (way too many of them) and not playing defense (also too many). As a whole, the team isn't taking nearly enough 3s and isn't passing the ball. It's on the coach to get those egos to play together.

Sorry hard for a coach who coaches a team all year in the NBA to do this. It’s beyond difficult with a bunch of guys who usually exist with the ball in their hands more often than not and just started playing together a couple weeks ago. Players need to figure it out if they’re that good.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sorry hard for a coach who coaches a team all year in the NBA to do this. It’s beyond difficult with a bunch of guys who usually exist with the ball in their hands more often than not and just started playing together a couple weeks ago. Players need to figure it out if they’re that good.
It is really difficult. So the coach has to be an absolute hard-ass bastard about it. Kerr is not that guy. Even the threat of it would help. Tell the guys, if I see you being lazy on D, you're coming out. If I see you holding the ball when you should be passing you're coming out. They'd get the message.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt they wouldn’t win my only point is it was much more fun to watch back in the day. Of course the changes in both our college look and how much better the rest of the world has become is crazy. As I said our juniors and seniors now in college are only there because they’re not NBA level talent yet most are freshman not prepared to compete with the men of the world these days.

Is what it is, impressive wins over Sudan and Germany though lol.
I think it was fun when they could win. They can’t win. That’s not fun. This is a senior national team. We lose, regularly, in u-23 competition.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

He’d need to go very young with the roster. No way the older guys would want to play in his system

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom