Olympics Basketball | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Olympics Basketball

Reaction Score
Id be ok with the olympics going with the 23 and under model for basketball. They do it for soccer and it works. And keep the basketball world cup as the main championship. We dont take that competition as serious but we should. We havent won it since 2014.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
My buddies daughter is a middle blocker for the Womens volleyball team. I'm very excited to watch those games.

Reaction Score
Break dancing is a new Olympic sport. I'm sure Kerr will find a way to screw that up, too.

I just learned about that this weekend. Added as an Olympic sport only about 40 years too late.

Everyone was popping, locking, and spinning back in the 1980's.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt they wouldn’t win my only point is it was much more fun to watch back in the day. Of course the changes in both our college look and how much better the rest of the world has become is crazy. As I said our juniors and seniors now in college are only there because they’re not NBA level talent yet most are freshman not prepared to compete with the men of the world these days.

Is what it is, impressive wins over Sudan and Germany though lol.
I agree, way more fun back in the day watching the college players emerge, definitely helped that it was guys who'd played 2-4 years in college and were more mature.

Back then I always wanted the current NCAA champ to represent the USA in an Olympic year, it would add incredible drama to that year's NCAA tourney. My NEW pitch would be NCAA champs + add any pros that team has. So we'd get to combine the 2023 & 24 Huskies plus add Drummond & Tyrese. And that would satisfy various opinions in this thread of people who want Hurley to coach, want college players, want pro's too etc..!

If they put this into place for 2028 UConn would likely field a truly formidable squad of NBA & college players after winning a 6th straight title

Reaction Score
I agree, way more fun back in the day watching the college players emerge, definitely helped that it was guys who'd played 2-4 years in college and were more mature.

Back then I always wanted the current NCAA champ to represent the USA in an Olympic year, it would add incredible drama to that year's NCAA tourney. My NEW pitch would be NCAA champs + add any pros that team has. So we'd get to combine the 2023 & 24 Huskies plus add Drummond & Tyrese. And that would satisfy various opinions in this thread of people who want Hurley to coach, want college players, want pro's too etc..!

If they put this into place for 2028 UConn would likely field a truly formidable squad of NBA & college players after winning a 6th straight title
This is crazy.

You want to see Americans get annihilated by German nba players?

This hasn’t happened since 1988. That 36 years ago.

Man, we old as crap here.

I miss when amateurs did track and field not really).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is crazy.

You want to see Americans get annihilated by German nba players?

This hasn’t happened since 1988. That 36 years ago.

Man, we old as crap here.

I miss when amateurs did track and field not really).
It’s a fun purely theoretical msg board construct, at least until I land on the Olympic BOD to pitch this fantasy.

Nonetheless, I crazily contend the 28 UConn vets nba team would be very similar talent wise to European squads with a few nba stars, role players plus up & comers (ie starting 5 from this past year becomes the bench).

Reaction Score

Would you agree that Geno packed the roster with as many UConn alums/players as he could without getting fired? There was a reason for that, already bought in players.

"If they put this into place for 2028 UConn would likely field a truly formidable squad of NBA & college players after winning a 6th straight title" That would produce the same effect as what Geno did, would there be enough talent?? Fun exercise in 3 years or so.

Reaction Score
It’s a fun purely theoretical msg board construct, at least until I land on the Olympic BOD to pitch this fantasy.

Nonetheless, I crazily contend the 28 UConn vets nba team would be very similar talent wise to European squads with a few nba stars, role players plus up & comers (ie starting 5 from this past year becomes the bench).
They would get killed.

This Olympics will be most competitive basketball tournament in the history of the sport. The amount of talent internationally is insane.

Reaction Score
They would get killed.

This Olympics will be most competitive basketball tournament in the history of the sp'ort. The amount of talent internationally is insane.
"The most competitive basketball tournament in the history of the sport" is a truly crazy take.

Who is even the best player for Deutschland?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Would you agree that Geno packed the roster with as many UConn alums/players as he could without getting fired? There was a reason for that, already bought in players.

"If they put this into place for 2028 UConn would likely field a truly formidable squad of NBA & college players after winning a 6th straight title" That would produce the same effect as what Geno did, would there be enough talent?? Fun exercise in 3 years or so.
Geno didn't pick the team. It helped that half the best players were UConn alums.

Reaction Score
"The most competitive basketball tournament in the history of the sport" is a truly crazy take.

Who is even the best player for Deutschland?
You don't understand the tournament then.

In no order who have great players.

1. USA
2. Germany (F Wagner, M. Wagner, Schroder)
3. Spain (littered with terrific euro players who are proven but older like R Fernandez. Have Juanacho and Wily Hernangomez)
4. France (Goebert, Wembanyama, a ton of talent)
5. Serbia (Jokic)
6. Greece (Giannis )
7. Australia (Ingles, Jock Landale, Giddey, Patty Mills) -- cut an NBA player (Thybulle) from the team.
8. Canada (SGA, Jamal Murray, RJ Barett, Dort,)

If I had to pick?

USA - Gold
Canada - Silver
Australia - Bronze
France - Shutout

But we'll see.

The bottom 4 who should struggle, but who knows
Puerto Rico (Jose Alvarado, Tremont Waters!)
Brazil
Japan
South Sudan
Those top eight teams all have multiple nba guys.

The USA should win, but its going to take a great game from them to beat some of these teams. Jokic can dominate a basketball game any time he steps on the floor, as can Giannis.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom