Olympics Basketball | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Olympics Basketball

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
All Olympics Wemby has been hunting for 3s instead of simply being 7’4.

Anytime he gets the ball close to the basket it’s an automatic basket but he doesn’t look to do that often.

Reaction Score
lol Fournier just hacked the hell outta Murray to create a turnover and no call. this is the danger of having to play France here in this Olympics, we already saw it in the game against Japan.

Reactions: caw

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
lol Fournier just hacked the hell outta Murray to create a turnover and no call. this is the danger of having to play France here in this Olympics, we already saw it in the game against Japan.
Never seen a charge get called but the basket count either. Some of the calls are wild.

That Fournier 3 is a dagger.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Wemby didn't even have a great game and France still won relatively easy, bad loss for Canada with all the talent they have and with how awful France has looked since pretty much last year's World Cup, Murray was really bad.

Reaction Score
Canada being out is a bummer, a competitive final in play only if the USA lays a massive egg.

Reaction Score
So Taurasi to the bench, I guess USA women are no longer playing basketball politics now that they are in the knockout stage, don't understand how she was starting over Young to begin with.

Reaction Score
So Taurasi to the bench, I guess USA women are no longer playing basketball politics now that they are in the knockout stage, don't understand how she was starting over Young to begin with.
Legend

Reaction Score
What is with your dislike for Taurasi?

Reaction Score
DT is on the team for the same reason Bird was on the Dream Team. When one of your pillars wants a last rodeo, you buy a bull and let them go at it.

Reaction Score
What is with your dislike for Taurasi?
I don't dislike Taurasi, I'm not a fan of the basketball politics and gatekeeping involved in the women's game that's even more pronounced than it is on the men's side. It could be another 42 year old in the same situation that has no UConn connection and my comments would be the same and I'm sure posters on here wouldn't be twisting themselves in knots over it.

Last edited:

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Larry Bird was not exactly at the high point of his career when he played for the Dream Team. I think it was his last year playing in the NBA. He could not fly unless his was lying down his back was so bad. Larry Legend was chosen because along with Magic he revived the NBA. Taurasi is kind of the same as it relates to the women’s game. Maybe not the legend that Larry was but she is up there. This is where deserve and earned become difficult to separate when making a choice. DT has earned this right. Does she deserve it? That question has too many layers for me to consider.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The non-NBA guys for France have been going off. Cournier looks like the best players on the team.

Can’t believe he hasn’t been starting this whole time.

Reaction Score
rare Giffey sighting, came in for defense on the last possession of the 1st quarter

Reaction Score
The non-NBA guys for France have been going off. Cournier looks like the best players on the team.

Can’t believe he hasn’t been starting this whole time.
He really has been their best player from my eye test. In the France-Germany game in pool play, Germany was up by 26 in the 2nd half and France cut the lead to 9 and it all started after Cordiner entered the game. His play was like a caffeine injection into the French team.

Reaction Score
Germany needs a timeout and just called one. Being down 6 points might be the largest deficit they have faced in the Olympics. Let's see how they respond.

France is playing very inspired basketball with their home crowd giving them the energy jolt.

Reaction Score
even if they lose this one I can't believe how much of a difference benching Gobert made, France had been pretty terrible dating all the way back to last year's World Cup through pre-Olympic exhibitions and then pool play. I understand it in the NBA but FIBA shouldn't be a setting he struggles in.

Reaction Score
even if they lose this one I can't believe how much of a difference benching Gobert made, France had been pretty terrible dating all the way back to last year's World Cup through pre-Olympic exhibitions and then pool play. I understand it in the NBA but FIBA shouldn't be a setting he struggles in.
That is the surprising thing to me. I guess the idea is that even though he is a very good rim protector, he really does not move all that well on the perimeter when playing defense. And on offense he can clog things up. Yabusele and Lessort have been better than Gobert.

OMG, France is up 13 as I type this. Wow! Germany looks all out of sorts as their offense has been shut down and locked up.

Having said all of this, I only saw the highlights between France and Canada and I will see the full game later, but I can see how France would give Canada problems. Canada has a ton of quality guards and wings, but Canada's weakness is that they don't have much quality depth of big tall guys. France's size was sure to give Canada problems and it did.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
wow, Germany gets the stop they needed down two but Franz Wagner can't get his balance after a rebound and loses the ball outta bounds. France's guards limitations really being exposed in the last 4-5 minutes of this game, Germany tightened up on defense and their guards can't really create.

Reaction Score
Ok, if France is smart they foul and don't let Germany get off a 3.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Does anyone know why Germany got the two points after the false shot clock violation earlier on?

Reaction Score
France is in the Gold Medal game. Wow. Both 3x3 and in real basketball they have made the Gold Medal game.

Reaction Score
I really didn't want to face France for the gold. The referees will probably be historically horrific against us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHuski

Top Bottom