Olympic women's basketball tournament (5x5) (SPOILER ALERT) | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Olympic women's basketball tournament (5x5) (SPOILER ALERT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, France’s coach never adjusted against Japan. Not sure, if she has the “woman-power” to do so. I thought that a smaller line up could have matched Japan’s speedy backcourt. Japan was running circles around France’s bigs. Once the 3’s started dropping for Japan, the triple threat was in effect. There was nothing that France could do. You could see it in their body language.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I think Pheesa looked more and more comfy in the few minutes she was in.
Made a shot and some free throws, hustled and looked far from lost...Diggins too, trying to face guard Anderson...did a pretty good job.

Reaction Score
Serbia has some talent. Looking at several of their players, especially from behind (with their ponytails etc.), I was reminded of Nika. Anyway...

Was impressed with Anderson. She almost single handedly seemed to keep Serbia in the game when USA was starting to pull away.
FWIW, Anderson is the daughter of current St. John’s coach Mike Anderson who has been a pretty successful MBB coach for a long time, with stops at UAB, Missouri, and Arkansas. He apprenticed as an assistant to “40 minutes of hell” Nolan Richardson.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Chinese platform divers are absurd. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I think their swimsuits have a micro vacumn that sucks up the splash. Gold medalist Quan Hongchan (14 year old) blows the Olympic record up. 3 of her 5 dives were perfect 10's across (24 of 35 judges gave 10 on her 5 dives) all judges
I've never seen anything like Quan's entry. Did you notice that she goes in with no splash, then a second or so later there's a big burp of air that comes up?

Reaction Score
When is the Gold Medal game? I have it set to record for Sunday...at 6am (PT), but another schedule I read on ESPN said the game is Sat at 7:30pm (PT).

Reaction Score
I'm probably the only one, but when I saw the Serbia coach.... I thought it was Coach Bluder from Iowa for a second. But anyway...

That was my first chance to see the women play... glad to see that Gray is earning her keep
Sadly, I think that she retired her white jacket with a giant bedazzled Serbian flag on the back. Maybe Kim stole it and is replacing the logo with a tiger head.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
At least a quarter of the team not knowing how to play spades???

shaq.gif

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Why was Gabby suspended?
Because she decided to play for the France team and to practice with them instead of playing with the Chicago Sky. So the Sky suspended her for the season and avoided having to pay her.

Reaction Score
Is there a MVP/MOP or all tournament team for the olympics? Serious question lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom