Ollie threatening to sue UConn | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Ollie threatening to sue UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
All r facts, u cant handle the truth
Facts and truth aren't the same thing, especially when the facts are incompletely offered, and aren't even all facts. But otherwise, yeah.

Reaction Score
UCONN is not broke. The athletic department is thanks to the clown DB. He screw up by offering contract extensions to Diaco and Ollie. He lost 6 million to Diaco n is now covering his butt by taking the low road and trying to screw KO out of his $10 million. Chief told us that DB already had a booster that is ready to foot the $10 million buyout. There was never a booster. UCONN's operating budget is in the red but that was from the last state budget projection. Since that time, the state revenue has been revise upwards by over 2 billion over the next 2 yrs. The state will fix most of the UCONN shortcomings. The school will also save some money by further consolidating some Universities. The UCONN AD is a man made disaster due to David Benedict. This is the same AD that was a no show in the half time of the SMU game when they honor all the UCONN student athletes. Come on Susan, pull the trigger and fire DB
Why would anyone take you serious? For MONTHS you claimed KO was safe when a ton of people knew that he was gone at the end of the year. Then last minute you acknowledged Hurley "may be a candidate." And then you said you were gonna root for St. Johns.

Got root for them. Haven't won a NCAA game in 18 years.

Reaction Score
The majority of the spending by the basketball program is not with taxpayer funds. It's through athletic revenue and fundraising. Not a dime back.
There's a huge departmental deficit funded by the University that is rapidly growing. And the students pay a fee every semester that supports Athletics.

Reaction Score
Just noticed this quote from one of the newspaper articles:

Herbst said Ollie was a repeat offender who was fired in March after a 14-18 season because "eventually even a series of 'isolated' or 'de minimis' violations can become a pattern of non-compliance,

Some posters were minimizing the inclusion of the "call" and the "shooting" incidences on the "with cause" claim, seems like Herbst thought they were an integral part of the claim if the above quote is accurate.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Why would anyone take you serious? For MONTHS you claimed KO was safe when a ton of people knew that he was gone at the end of the year. Then last minute you acknowledged Hurley "may be a candidate." And then you said you were gonna root for St. Johns.

Got root for them. Haven't won a NCAA game in 18 years.

Go Redmen! That's what they were known as the last time they were relevant in CBB.

Reaction Score
What you stated is not correct. I never said that a booster was paying $10 million. I said the money was available to terminate him. The termination was for well supported cause - UConn knew it wouldn’t be paying anything close to $10 million. The facts people in the public know now, UConn has known for a long time.
Did UConn make a settlement offer before firing KO?

Reaction Score

Your position is complete nonsense. He was fired for poor performance. Part of his job was to maintain compliance. He didn't win and he didn't maintain compliance. A 1-2 performance punch in the gut. UCONN didn't blunder, KO messed up big. Any other position is delusional. The biggest mistake with his poor performance on multiple fronts is that it allowed ,based on a contract he signed, to be fired for cause. If UCONN was in a bad position they would have settled by now.

Reaction Score
You gotta spend money to make money, brother. That's Business 101. UConn should pay Ollie $15 million to show everyone how serious they are.

(Post may contain sarcasm)
It may be the Martini’s talking but ... well played.

Reaction Score
So was at the gym and the guy next to me sees my UConn hat and we start talking. I say what's up with the hoops program and it turns out he was a walkon under Ollie. He played with Bazz before UConn and says Bazz was always different. I say there's been a lot swirling around Ollie and he says there is a lot of s^^t with Ollie.

Reaction Score
So was at the gym and the guy next to me sees my UConn hat and we start talking. I say what's up with the hoops program and it turns out he was a walkon under Ollie. He played with Bazz before UConn and says Bazz was always different. I say there's been a lot swirling around Ollie and he says there is a lot of s^^t with Ollie.
And none of it is good.

Reaction Score
You gotta spend money to make money, brother. That's Business 101.

Pretty much everyone I have heard make this statement has filed for bankruptcy at least once or are perpetually bouncing along them bottom, waiting for the next downturn to wipe them out.

I think UCONN is better off not following this losing idea.

(Post may contain sarcasm)

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

When it comes to legally binding contracts, "HR Administration compliance department strict constructionist mumbo jumbo" is what the real world goes by. If you don't like it, then civilized society may not be the place for you.

Reaction Score
lmao so much for you not being a pal of kevin's. you couldn't be more transparent if you tried.

Reaction Score
When it comes to legally binding contracts, "HR Administration compliance department strict constructionist mumbo jumbo" is what the real world goes by. If you don't like it, then civilized society may not be the place for you.
it's a pretty epic melt.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Maybe fans should bring up a class action for the crap show that was put out in front of us the past two years.

I don't think it should get a dime, but my guess he will get a couple of million dollars and move on.

On a side point, he was one of my favorite players and now this is just leaving a horrible taste in my mouth and I hope it is worth it for FHCKO.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
upload_2018-6-28_23-33-16.jpeg

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I really don't care if the NCAA violations are totally a lucky find. They qualify under the contract for just cause. And he loses money due to that.

God, like if we found out he killed someone, these folks would still say he is entitled to $10 million because we were really firing him because he was a bad coach. Well, we were, but then we found out he killed someone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom