Ollie threatening to sue UConn | The Boneyard

Ollie threatening to sue UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems like a desperation move.

"Defamation" only matters if someone would have considered hiring him. (Hint: nobody is.)

Reaction Score
388F576D-023D-42D9-8A0D-0A5498E8D40B.gif

Reaction Score
Gee who woulda thunk how messy this could be?

I don't get it. Why won't Ollie just go away quietly? He should be paying US money for that crap he put on the floor the last two years.

I don't begrudge KO for trying to get the money. He knows as well as we do that his career is shot. He's got nothing to lose.

At the same time, he's burning a lot of goodwill among fans of the school. He has to know what he's getting into.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
At the same time, he's burning a lot of goodwill among fans of the school. He has to know what he's getting into.

Goodwill doesnt put dinner on the table.
Why, in the envoronment he is facing right now, would Kevin Ollie give a whit about fan goodwill?

And Kevin Ollie will work in basketball again, no doubt. Take that to the bank.

Will he ever have as high profile a job as being the head Coach at UConn? Probably not.

He will have to work his way up this time instead of starting at the top. Or he can be an NBA assistant.

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Somebody needs to step up and end this craziness. It appears Ollie and his legal team have gone all in on trying this case in the court of public opinion. It now appears he's determined to alienate even his staunchest UConn supporters, and basically the entire taxpaying population of CT, considering their tax dollars pay to run the school. I don't see how this move does anything but make him look even worse than he already did.

Reaction Score
Goodwill doesnt put dinner on the table.
Why in the envoronment he is facing right now would Kevin Ollie give a whit about fan goodwill?

And Kevin Ollie will work in basketball again, no doubt. Take that to the bank.

Will he ever have as high profile a job as being the head Coach at UConn? Probably not.

He will have to work his way up this time instead of starting at the top. Or he can be an NBA assistant.

I agree with all of this -- that's my point.

He's welcome to pursue the money, and he must be OK with knowing that he's not going to be welcome back at UConn or the state of Connecticut any time soon.

A guy who was handed a head coaching job isn't going to be willing to work his way up. Quietly re-surfacing as an NBA assistant seems the most likely.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
and he must be OK with knowing that he's not going to be welcome back at UConn or the state of Connecticut any time soon.

I wouldnt care one iota about that if I were him. And he probably doesnt either.

and the thing is, after the smoke clears from this mishegoss all it will take is a single invite from JC to a charity game (which you KNOW JC will do at some point) to fix that.

Reaction Score
This needs to go away while he try to rebuild our program. This does not look good.
Who cares how it looks to the media. Recruits won't care at all as DH separates himself from this as far as possible. Besides, name one school or athletic department in America who found themselves in a similar predicament that would not take the same course of action that UConn did. It happens all the time.

Reaction Score
I don't begrudge KO for trying to get the money. He knows as well as we do that his career is shot. He's got nothing to lose.

Goodwill, if he had any left, and two bucks buys you a cup of coffee. Seeing as Dave Benedict and company agreed and negotiated that extension, perhaps he too should agree to be paid in goodwill.

Seriously, the most predictable thing was a lawsuit from KO. How could anyone think differently.

Reaction Score
I wouldnt care one iota about that if I were him. And he probably doesnt either.

and the thing is, after the smoke clears from this mishegoss all it will take is a single invite from JC to a charity game (which you KNOW JC will do at some point) to fix that.
No it won't. So I guess that bs statement he wrote a week ago about bleeding blue was just that, bs? This looks worse for Ollie than UConn and the ramifications will be far greater for him than the school.

Reaction Score
Goodwill, if he had any left, and two bucks buys you a cup of coffee. Seeing as Dave Benedict and company agreed and negotiated that extension, perhaps he too should agree to be paid in goodwill.

Seriously, the most predictable thing was a lawsuit from KO. How could anyone think differently.
I would have thought a buyout in the 5-6 range.

Reaction Score
UConn throwing that story out there was irresponsible. I'm no lawyer but it doesn't seem to rise to the level of slander.

Reaction Score
I would have thought a buyout in the 5-6 range.
I'm guessing they offered a reduced buyout, he says no I want what my contract says, UConn then proceeds with the just cause angle and here we are. A few people have been saying it would have prudent to just find a way to pay him. I'm thinking donors were in no mood after paying Diaco. Oh well, you could see this mess coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom