Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Ollie Suing Glen Miller for Slander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still no answer. I'll ask again, the show cause order is the strongest weapon against an individual in the NCAA arsenal. It is the equivalent to the institutional "death penalty." If the Ollie matter is less serious than Miles matter, why has the NCAA indicated it will access the death penalty against Ollie but did not access it against Moore?

Perhaps you do not know what a NCAA show cause order is. Do you need me to explain it?

I answered 500x and you're like, Still No Answer.

Obviously I think it's nothing compared to Miles. I've stated that over and over. And I don't care what happens to Ollie. I've said from the beginning. I'm worried about UConn only in this. I will be shocked if the NCAA considers this more serious than Miles. SHOCKED! And frankly, I am totally surprised that you think this is worse. To me that is crazy. And I'd be surprised if anyone else on this board agreed with you.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I answered 500x and you're like, Still No Answer.

Obviously I think it's nothing compared to Miles. I've stated that over and over. And I don't care what happens to Ollie. I've said from the beginning. I'm worried about UConn only in this. I will be shocked if the NCAA considers this more serious than Miles. SHOCKED! And frankly, I am totally surprised that you think this is worse. To me that is crazy. And I'd be surprised if anyone else on this board agreed with you.
Nope you've avoided answering it.

Here it is again: If the Ollie matter is less serious than Miles matter, why has the NCAA indicated it will access a show cause order against Ollie but did not access it against Moore?

The answer it pretty easy. Some idiot kid who isn't employed by the school pretending to be an agent and commits benefit violations isn't more serious than a coach who has a history of multiple impermissible benefits to student athletes and then lie about it to his employers and the NCAA.

But KO's got a hearing coming up. Let's see what they decide.

CL82

Reaction Score
So would the media have not gotten them?
If they requested them. KO's representation sent them a template and then complained when UConn complied with the media's inevitable requests.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I keep going back to your # 2 point. It’s almost difficult to take any of this seriously.

And who did his wife tell, besides him?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Here it is again: If the Ollie matter is less serious than Miles matter, why has the NCAA indicated it will access a show cause order against Ollie but did not access it against Moore?

The answer it pretty easy. Some idiot kid who isn't employed by the school pretending to be an agent and commits benefit violations isn't more serious than a coach who has a history of multiple impermissible benefits to student athletes and then lie about it to his employers and the NCAA.

The NCAA really has to cut down on the whole ridiculous notion that a school is responsible for some idiot that used to be a student manager. The Miles situation certainly should have been an absolutely nothing. It's absurd.

The Ollie situation involves actions by the head coach, who is accused by the NCAA of lying to the NCAA about it. As with most things, the cover-up is the bigger crime than the crime that was covered up.

I don't know why that, or anything else matters. Employers are entitled to hold employees to the letter of their contract or not, as they see fit. Now, they can't make that distinction based on the person being in a protected class, as Ollie is (and Calhoun was based on age, actually). But they certainly can make that distinction based on the relative job performance of the two people. That is exactly what they did and I don't think anybody but Ollie disputes it.

Reaction Score

You're totally wrong on this. I am confident in that. Moore was asked flat out if he did something illegal, and he responded in the affirmative. The NCAA bagged us badly in 2012.

Hw can you even forget that? You act like 2012 didn't happen. It's nuts.

Ollie sending kids to the trainers will not result in anything close to the 2012 punishment. It's crazy to think so.

CL82

Reaction Score
You're totally wrong on this. I am confident in that. Moore was asked flat out if he did something illegal, and he responded in the affirmative. The NCAA bagged us badly in 2012.

Hw can you even forget that? You act like 2012 didn't happen. It's nuts.

Ollie sending kids to the trainers will not result in anything close to the 2012 punishment. It's crazy to think so.
Lol, it never happened. If we are going to rely on your inability to accurately interpret what you read as evidence of crime then your third grade teacher would be in jail.

Just curious what do you think we were punished for the Miles debacle and what do think that punishment was?

Reaction Score
Lol, it never happened. If we are going to rely on your inability to accurately interpret what you read as evidence of crime then your third grade teacher would be in jail.

Just curious what do you think we were punished for the Miles debacle and what do think that punishment was?

His words were in quotes. Unless you're saying the reporter was a liar.

CL82

Reaction Score
His words were in quotes. Unless you're saying the reporter was a liar.
No, I'm saying you don't understand what you read. The fact that you keep missing that is kind of proof of point, no?

Reaction Score
No, I'm saying you don't understand what you read. The fact that you keep missing that is kind of proof of point, no?

It was a point blank question. Did he know it was illegal? His answer was, "Probably." And furthermore, he even said he thought of Nochimson as an agent who was working a relationship with Miles!!! And here you are arguing for pages that Nochimson wasn't his agent! It's hilarious. Tom Moore said that POINT BLANK he considered that Nochimson was interested in Miles as an agent.

CL82

Reaction Score
It was a point blank question. Did he know it was illegal? His answer was, "Probably." And furthermore, he even said he thought of Nochimson as an agent who was working a relationship with Miles!!! And here you are arguing for pages that Nochimson wasn't his agent! It's hilarious. Tom Moore said that POINT BLANK he considered that Nochimson was interested in Miles as an agent.
Sigh... SMH... no he didn't say that at all, as I pointed out you when you said this originally. Seriously you can't read. I've try to help you but asking questions like "Just curious what do you think we were punished for the Miles debacle and what do think that punishment was?" but you won't answer them. Really, I'm done. It has become apparent that if your 3rd grade teacher couldn't teach you reading comprehension, I won't be able to.

In the end Moore never got a show cause order and Ollie's is slated to get one. That's a clear indication of which event the NCAA viewed as serious.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I can't believe you wrote what you just wrote.

The death penalty for paying to send players to a trainer?

Really?

Look at the difference in punishments!!!

Entirely different.

I bet you are the only one who thinks the trainer/Georgia case is more serious than the Miles case.

We got 3 years probation, 3 years loss of scholarships, a tournament ban, free reign for our players to leave. The coach was even suspended from coaching!!!

Are you serious?

The NCAA has yet to rule on whether or not our self-imposed punishments for Ollie's transgressions are going to be sufficient to satisfy them, so there's no punishment comparison to be made as of yet. The NCAA could still decide to impose harsher punishments for Ollie's misconduct. Also, Ollie lied to the NCAA, which will likely result in them imposing a show cause order on him for some period of time. Considering that he's likely considered toxic by every NCAA signatory institution in America, the show cause really won't matter because no NCAA member school will hire him anyway.

Reaction Score
Sigh... SMH... no he didn't say that at all, as I pointed out you when you said this originally. Seriously you can't read. I've try to help you but asking questions like "Just curious what do you think we were punished for the Miles debacle and what do think that punishment was?" but you won't answer them. Really, I'm done. It has become apparent that if your 3rd grade teacher couldn't teach you reading comprehension, I won't be able to.

In the end Moore never got a show cause order and Ollie's is slated to get one. That's a clear indication of which event the NCAA viewed as serious.

The NCAA bagged UConn badly. You were hit in the head at some point badly damaging your memory.

Moore's quote is above. When asked if he thought Miles's relationship with Nochimson was illegal, he said Probably. Then he said he was looking at it in the context of Nochimson being a young agent. He said this. You're denying he said it. But he did.

If you were honest at all, you would absolutely acknowledge that Moore said this instead of you denying it.

Reaction Score
The NCAA has yet to rule on whether or not our self-imposed punishments for Ollie's transgressions are going to be sufficient to satisfy them, so there's no punishment comparison to be made as of yet. The NCAA could still decide to impose harsher punishments for Ollie's misconduct. Also, Ollie lied to the NCAA, which will likely result in them imposing a show cause order on him for some period of time. Considering that he's likely considered toxic by every NCAA signatory institution in America, the show cause really won't matter because no NCAA member school will hire him anyway.

You think we're about to have multiple scholarships taken away for 3 years, a postseason ban, seniors with a free pass to transfer out, all because of paying for players travel to training?

I expect little to nothing to come out of that.

CL82

Reaction Score
The NCAA bagged UConn badly.
Lol, you don't know what the punishments were do you?

(Pro tip: if your synopsis of quote keeps changing you probably have a reading comprehension issue.)

UConnNick

Reaction Score
>>UConn spokeswoman Stephanie Reitz released a statement saying, “UConn released the documents in direct response to a Freedom of Information request by Mr. Ollie’s own attorneys. Other parties, including the media, also requested and received these same documents as required by Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) in Connecticut. The FOIA, which governs public agencies such as the University, does not permit the selective release of public records to certain parties while denying those same records to others.” <<

It gives new meaning to the old expression about opening Pandora's box.

UConnNick

Reaction Score
You think we're about to have multiple scholarships taken away for 3 years, a postseason ban, seniors with a free pass to transfer out, all because of paying for players travel to training?

With Mark Emmert in charge of the NCAA, I rule out nothing when it comes to the potential sanctions he may concoct against his former employer.

Reaction Score
Lol, you don't know what the punishments were do you?

(Pro tip: if your synopsis of quote keeps changing you probably have a reading comprehension issue.)

I've listed the punishments. Schollies taken away, 3 years probation, coach suspended, tournament ban, which lead to senior players allowed to leave.

Now why are you avoiding the Moore quote when you claimed it wasn't true. Did you not even read his quotes? He's the one that said he thought Nochimson was involved with Miles as an agent.

CL82

Reaction Score

Lol, uh did we get a post season ban because of Miles? How about players transferring was that because of the Nate Miles thing?

(Fully expect no answer to this.)

Reaction Score
Lol, uh did we get a post season ban because of Miles? How about players transferring was that because of the Nate Miles thing?

(Fully expect no answer to this.)

I've answered every question.

You're the one avoiding questions. Answer about what Moore said about Nochimson and Miles, with Moore's understanding that Nochimson was pursuing Miles in his capacity as an agent. It shows how wrong you are.

The ban was for the APR. The Miles thing lead to 3 years of scholarship reductions, not one. It also lead to 3 years of probation. And the coach being suspended. Do you actually think that is going to happen here?

I mean, here is the direct quote from the NCAA on Miles:

The case includes more than $6,000 in improper recruiting inducements, impermissible phone calls and text messages to prospective student-athletes, failure to monitor and promote an atmosphere for compliance by the head coach, failure to monitor by the university, and unethical conduct by the former operations director, which lead to a show-cause penalty."

The committee also found that Calhoun, who has been head coach for 24 years, knowingly allowed a booster and certified NBA agent to participate in recruitment and make prohibited financial contributions to a potential student-athlete.

"Penalties include suspension of the head coach for three conference games during the 2011-12 season, scholarship reductions for three academic years, recruiting restrictions, permanent disassociation of a booster and three years probation," the NCAA announced.

CL82

Reaction Score
I've listed the punishments. Schollies taken away, 3 years probation, coach suspended, tournament ban followed because of low APR, which lead to senior players allowed to leave.

Now why are you avoiding the Moore quote when you claimed it wasn't true. Did you not even read his quotes? He's the one that said he thought Nochimson was involved with Miles as an agent.

So APR and player transfer waiver had nothing to do with Miles. Thank you finally for realizing that. It took a while but I thought if you actually had to go back and look it up you'd realize that. You realize that we only went from 13 to 12 scholarships during the probation. (That's a difference of 1 "scholly").

Calhoun had to sit out for three games. Ollie's show cause means he's out indefinitely until someone can convince the NCAA he should coach. Which seems more severe to you?

But wait? What punishment did Moore get? Nada. Yet he was your big offender for three pages or so.

Reaction Score
So APR and player transfer waiver had nothing to do with Miles. Thank you finally for realizing that. It took a while but I thought if you actually had to go back and look it up you'd realize that. You realize that we only went from 13 to 12 scholarships during the probation. (That's a difference of 1 "scholly").

Calhoun had to sit out for three games. Ollie's show cause means he's out indefinitely until someone can convince the NCAA he should coach. Which seems more severe to you?

But wait? What punishment did Moore get? Nada. Yet he was your big offender for three pages or so.

You are constantly moving the goalposts.

It was a 3 year scholarship reduction. Not a one year. Big difference. Not to mention the recruiting restrictions. Look at my previous post. Read again. Oh, don't bother: here it is:

The case includes more than $6,000 in improper recruiting inducements, impermissible phone calls and text messages to prospective student-athletes, failure to monitor and promote an atmosphere for compliance by the head coach, failure to monitor by the university, and unethical conduct by the former operations director, which lead to a show-cause penalty."

The committee also found that Calhoun, who has been head coach for 24 years, knowingly allowed a booster and certified NBA agent to participate in recruitment and make prohibited financial contributions to a potential student-athlete.

Just wait and see, the paying to go to a trainer isn't nearly as serious as those determinations.

All I said originally is that Ollie's actions are no worse than things that happened at UConn before. I didn't even mention Tom Moore in those original posts. You're the one that asked me to be specific. And specifically, Calhoun was found to allow a booster/agent to participate in recruitment, and make prohibited financial contributions. You can't deny that. Specifically as well, Tom Moore openly admitted that his behavior was probably illegal, and that he knew Nochimson's contact with Miles was as his agent. He admitted these things.

But you won't acknowledge what are quotes in black and white, which makes you less than honest here.

C

Chief00

Mike Anthony: Former UConn coach Kevin stokes the flames in his long-game move to sue ex-coach for slander

Ouch...
>>Why would Ollie make this play? Because if you're attacking something the way Ollie is attacking defense of his reputation and protection of his future, you aim to take down or damage anyone involved or nearby. If this much advanced strategy and energy went into coaching his teams in 2016-18, Ollie would probably be a two-time AAC coach of the year instead of a guy fired after consecutive losing seasons.<<
I would argue his strategy and effort to date is crude and misguided and not in the interest of KO having any meaningful career post mess.

What this tells me is that his legal nightmare team knows deep down they struck out on the ten million arbitration avenue and now they are suing for libel and possibly racial discrimination - both Hail Mary passes with time running out.

For Libel, as others have said, he is a public figure, and his own FOI set the chain of events in motion that released the damaging information. It was not in the school’s or NCAA charges. So it was not doing him harm until the clown show, which is his legal team, rolled the snowball down the hill.

Not to be outdone they have started rolling another snowball with this latest FOIA off a cliff. I don’t know for sure but it’s not unlikely that buried somewhere in piles of paper is some extremely damaging information about his personal conduct, that has not been made public yet. This will be a show stopper for many types of employment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer