Ollie Post Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ollie Post Game

Reaction Score
it's a process with a new team, not a light switch you flick on or off
Do you not hold him accountable for the situation that required a “reset” after 5 years?! It’s not like he got the job last May.

And “celebrating” (I know you didn’t say that) our improvement after our third consecutive double digit loss seems both premature and extremely overstated. I’d also point out that measuring “improvement” from the lowest moment in UConn basketball in the last 30 years is a pretty low bar. And not one that (for me personally) gives me any optimism.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Do you not hold him accountable for the situation that required a “reset” after 5 years?! It’s not like he got the job last May.

And “celebrating” (I know you didn’t say that) our improvement after our third consecutive double digit loss seems both premature and extremely overstated. I’d also point out that measuring “improvement” from the lowest moment in UConn basketball in the last 30 years is a pretty low bar. And not one that (for me personally) gives me any optimism.

I do, last season was a clusterf... and he knows it, for multiple reasons. The kids who didn't buy into what he wanted to change transferred, I'm OK with that one time. Last season was also impacted by key injuries, that simply can't be overlooked or dismissed.

And those key injuries carry over to this year, he should of had 4 or 5 rotation players returning even after the transfers. And this year he loses his highest rated recruit again AND the player who evidently is the team leader.

Because of all of this, I have more patience with him

As for your assessment of improvement or not, good and smart people can and do disagree. I see it differently than you do.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Man I was really hoping for one of these reporters to flat out ask Ollie:

"So YOUR offense is LAST in the entire COUNTRY in assists...why is that?"

willie99

Reaction Score
^^^^^^

In large part because kids are NOT making the shots they're capable of making. That alone would spike the assist numbers

C

Chief00

Do we still pay Calhoun $300,000 a year? Do he have a job description? He should have to spend X hours a week with Ollie. Right now there are no adults on Ollie's staff. No one for KO to lean on.
He’s still not giving a dime back! Since the Championship Kevin is his own man who believes he doesn’t need JC’s assistance.

Reaction Score
people hate the truth, they hate the nuances of reality, and they really can't comprehend what's going on

if they don't see improvement, they're blinded by hate, it's as simple as that

I can say the fans on Saturday in Hartford were great, they supported their team. Didn't hear one brainless idiot shouting obscenities at Ollie or at the team like I did at MSG

I think the program's very worst fans inhabit this board, and laughingly under the guise of "they only want what's best for the program" and saying those who don't agree with them are "just accepting losing". They're like that ignorant family member spewing nonsense at every family gathering, you just sit there and smile.

Classic case of The pot calling the kettle black. You're attacking people who see the truth or have seen the truth 2 years ahead of time as not accepting the truth or blinded to the truth by their hate.

What would you call yourself and others who still have not accepted the truth, are you blinded by ignorance, fear, or hate for the people that were right?

PS: Willie one thing that is for certain is that the Boneyard is united under one consensus now, which means no more excuses for Ollie. Loyalty is a great quality, but not when the mad kind is burning Westeros(UCONN) to the ground.

Reaction Score
^^^^^^

In large part because kids are NOT making the shots they're capable of making. That alone would spike the assist numbers
Stop. Just stop. LAST. There is way more to a high level D1 program being last in assists than... "uh, uh, they aren't making shots". I could see if they were last in the conference, or last in the p8 conferences or, whatever. They're not. They're absolutely LAST. Are you telling me UConn has THE worst group of shooters / shot makers in the entire country ? I find that exceptionally unlikely.

Reaction Score
Man I was really hoping for one of these reporters to flat out ask Ollie:

"So YOUR offense is LAST in the entire COUNTRY in assists...why is that?"
I’m not defending Ollie, but when only two of your starters are able to score, who is Adams or Larrier going to pass to? This is the worst UConn team that I ever seen, and I’ve been around since the Perno Years.

Reaction Score
I’m not defending Ollie, but when only two of your starters are able to score, who is Adams or Larrier going to pass to? This is the worst UConn team that I ever seen, and I’ve been around since the Perno Years.

They have far more talent than plenty of teams.

It's the style of offense he runs.

Unacceptable.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Public record info shows KO is on the hook with his ex for $500k per year for the next 5 years. What does an assistant coach in the NBA earn?

Reaction Score
I, for one, see being last in assists as being an indictment of the team and the program in general. I wouldn’t argue with your facts above re: who they should (or shouldn’t) pass to. But isn’t that statement alone, the bigger issue. For those (not you) who use that type of statement in defense of Ollie, it’s akin to KO saying, “Don’t blame me. I “just:” Recruited them, offered them a scholarship, assembled the talent, implemented an offensive strategy, and coached them every day to execute the strategy. It ain’t my fault.”

C

Chief00

Public record info shows KO is on the hook with his ex for $500k per year for the next 5 years. What does an assistant coach in the NBA earn?

He can get that modified if his income substantially changes.

willie99

Reaction Score
Stop. Just stop. LAST. There is way more to a high level D1 program being last in assists than... "uh, uh, they aren't making shots". I could see if they were last in the conference, or last in the p8 conferences or, whatever. They're not. They're absolutely LAST. Are you telling me UConn has THE worst group of shooters / shot makers in the entire country ? I find that exceptionally unlikely.

basketball 101, more made open shots, more assists

sorry

Reaction Score
Do we still pay Calhoun $300,000 a year? Do he have a job description? He should have to spend X hours a week with Ollie. Right now there are no adults on Ollie's staff. No one for KO to lean on.

glorified golden parachute for JC w/ alleged athletic fundraising responsibilities

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure she is what they call a spectator, too. Get a degree in management before you post any more opinions.
She doesn't know the difference between 'your' and "you're". I'd let go if it was once, but she does it repeatedly and then brings education into the equation. I hope she's not a UCONN grad. Defending family on social media is never a good idea. At least do it anonymously here and pretend to be someone else.... I think quite a few Ollies are posting on here from some of the apologists and "give him another year" posters I've seen here.

Reaction Score
glorified golden parachute for JC w/ alleged athletic fundraising responsibilities
You’re a jackass. You have no idea what he does or what he doesn’t do. It’s not a glorified anything. Ask the UConn Foundation if JC raises money. Ask Susan Herbst. Or Dave Benedict. If you somehow think he doesn’t do enough to assist men’s basketball on the court, take it up with Kevin Ollie.

In his 6th year of retirement and in his mid 70s, the guy works more hours than the majority of people on the Boneyard.

Reaction Score
and you do?
I do. On a daily basis in fact.

And if I didn’t (like you), I certainly wouldnt post douchey comments suggesting anyone isn’t earning what they’re being paid.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom