Ollie Post Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie Post Game

Reaction Score
We had the lead in the 2nd half, and we were at home with an engaged crowd, hungry for a victory.

We should not have lost this game. Full Stop!
For the record UConn only led once in the 2nd half, by 1 point for a grand total of 13 seconds.

Reaction Score
For the record UConn only led once in the 2nd half, by 1 point for a grand total of 13 seconds.
For some reason with this team those seconds felt like minutes. We've got to get better.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Not sure if this is legit - seems to be. Kevin’s sister Vita defending Kevin on UConn Men’s Basketball FB page - post game press conference comments.

This isn’t going to end well if this continues.

69642198-BF7B-4B35-BDDF-2DA477905338.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jeffrey Alex L if you are on this board you are an idiot. The reason I say that is you asked a question of which the answer was obvious. But we can appreciate stupidity here.

I do appreciate Vita's confidence in her brother, hope she knows something.

Reaction Score
Do we still pay Calhoun $300,000 a year? Do he have a job description? He should have to spend X hours a week with Ollie. Right now there are no adults on Ollie's staff. No one for KO to lean on.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Jeffrey Alex L if you are on this board you are an idiot. The reason I say that is you asked a question of which the answer was obvious. But we can appreciate stupidity here.

I do appreciate Vita's confidence in her brother, hope she knows something.
I'm pretty sure she is what they call a spectator, too. Get a degree in management before you post any more opinions.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Yup. Nice way to say he has no shooters. “ we got who we got “. Pretty honest assessment. And for the negative Nancy’s sure to comment. He has to say it was a great game. It’s just proper. Recognize a little showmanship now and then.

people hate the truth, they hate the nuances of reality, and they really can't comprehend what's going on

if they don't see improvement, they're blinded by hate, it's as simple as that

I can say the fans on Saturday in Hartford were great, they supported their team. Didn't hear one brainless idiot shouting obscenities at Ollie or at the team like I did at MSG

I think the program's very worst fans inhabit this board, and laughingly under the guise of "they only want what's best for the program" and saying those who don't agree with them are "just accepting losing". They're like that ignorant family member spewing nonsense at every family gathering, you just sit there and smile.

Reaction Score
"We did a good job executing the game plan"...nobody asked as a followup,
What was the game plan?
Larrier going one=on-one, and either taking a turn around jump shot or dribbling off his foot?
Jalen driving into 3 big men and making a circus shot or getting stuffed or turning it over?
Vital, a 28% 3 point shooter jacking one up from 30 ft?

Reaction Score
people hate the truth, they hate the nuances of reality, and they really can't comprehend what's going on

if they don't see improvement, they're blinded by hate, it's as simple as that

I can say the fans on Saturday in Hartford were great, they supported their team. Didn't hear one brainless idiot shouting obscenities at Ollie or at the team like I did at MSG

I think the program's very worst fans inhabit this board, and laughingly under the guise of "they only want what's best for the program" and saying those who don't agree with them are "just accepting losing". They're like that ignorant family member spewing nonsense at every family gathering, you just sit there and smile.
Not trying to incite anything, but improvement from what? From getting embarrassed at Auburn? If that’s the case then, sure. Absolute improvement. But folks we’re also saying that Arizona was an improvement from the Syracuse game and then Auburn happened. I think many here (myself included) are looking at a larger span of time - like the years post 2014 when The program (perception-wise) became Ollie’s and the Ollie brand was at its peak.

The accusation that hate fuels the negative comments is pretty far fetched. These are not conspiracy theorists...we’re staring down the barrel of historically low moments in UConn basketball history. A stronger argument could be made that the apologists are mired in delusion.

willie99

Reaction Score
After perusing this thread, I had to watch the video of his post game interview.

HE SAID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG, and he's 100% correct about his assessment of the status and the progress of this team

Our entirely new front court needs to develop more, we cut down on turnovers, and they actually did run some decent offense but the kids didn't make shots. All of that will continue to improve.

Do people really not understand any or all of that? seriously?

Reaction Score
After perusing this thread, I had to watch the video of his post game interview.

HE SAID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG, and he's 100% correct about his assessment of the status and the progress of this team

Our entirely new front court needs to develop more, we cut down on turnovers, and they actually did run some decent offense but the kids didn't make shots. All of that will continue to improve.

Do people really not understand any or all of that? seriously?
Ollie’s ability see and articulate why they lost isn’t the “problem” here. It’s his inability to fix it. Again and again and again. To use your question above, do you really not understand that?

willie99

Reaction Score
Not trying to incite anything, but improvement from what? From getting embarrassed at Auburn? If that’s the case then, sure. Absolute improvement. But folks we’re also saying that Arizona was an improvement from the Syracuse game and then Auburn happened. I think many here (myself included) are looking at a larger span of time - like the years post 2014 when The program (perception-wise) became Ollie’s and the Ollie brand was at its peak.

The accusation that hate fuels the negative comments is pretty far fetched. These are not conspiracy theorists...we’re staring down the barrel of historically low moments in UConn basketball history. A stronger argument could be made that the apologists are mired in delusion.

Thought I made it pretty clear numerous times on this board, improvement from where we were 7 or 8 months ago when he pressed the reset button. That's really not debatable at this point

Not surprised at who likes your thread either, he's at the top of the class of the dumpster fire crowd. He despises anything positive ever being said about Ollie and the program.

willie99

Reaction Score
Ollie’s ability see and articulate why they lost isn’t the “problem” here. It’s his inability to fix it. Again and again and again. To use your question above, do you really not understand that?

it's a process with a new team, not a light switch you flick on or off

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom