Ollie Post Game | The Boneyard

Ollie Post Game

Reaction Score
Yup. Nice way to say he has no shooters. “ we got who we got “. Pretty honest assessment. And for the negative Nancy’s sure to comment. He has to say it was a great game. It’s just proper. Recognize a little showmanship now and then.

Reaction Score
Yup. Nice way to say he has no shooters. “ we got who we got “. Pretty honest assessment. And for the negative Nancy’s sure to comment. He has to say it was a great game. It’s just proper. Recognize a little showmanship now and then.
Oh stop with the loser mentality! That’s what’s wrong with this program and fan base. Too many people happy when we don’t get blown out. How many times did Jim Calhoun call a double digit loss a great game?

Reaction Score
Oh stop with the loser mentality! That’s what’s wrong with this program and fan base. Too many people happy when we don’t get blown out. How many times did Jim Calhoun call a double digit loss a great game?
Not happy. Not at all happy. Losing suuuuuccccckkkkssss. But of all the games this year, perhaps this is not the one for everyone to take to the streets about. I was actually worried that we would have rushed the court if we won. If we blow it vs Tulane or Tulsa or whatever crap show we have next then sure. But we scheduled the preseason 2-4-6 teams and knew we were long shots to win them.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
What's to complain about. They are on another plane ride to Tulsa. These kids must have enough frequent flyer mikes for free tickets.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Yeah, the fan base's mentality is the problem.

Reaction Score
I don’t know. I listen to Gregg Marshall’s post conference and KOs. One sounds like an engaged coach talking about collective team scouting and film watching, constant practice drills, strategy, and then KO who sounds more like a friend mentoring his buddies from the stands. I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes, but there is a difference between a mentor and a coach at this level

Reaction Score
I don’t know. I listen to Gregg Marshall’s post conference and KOs. One sounds like an engaged coach talking about collective team scouting and film watching, constant practice drills, strategy, and then KO who sounds more like a friend mentoring his buddies from the stands. I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes, but there is a difference between a mentor and a coach at this level
To the misery...... Dilly, dilly!

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie has become Rich Kotite in these press conferences.
He was a really good Husky player, he carved out a long NBA career, and he'll always have the championship but this is just sad to watch. Need to work out a deal for him to leave quietly and he can maybe land an assistant job in the NBA. This is all way too big for him. He's tired, defeated, and disengaged.

Reaction Score
We had the lead in the 2nd half, and we were at home with an engaged crowd, hungry for a victory.

We should not have lost this game. Full Stop!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Spot on but that reference went over the head of each and every millennial on here

I knew I’d leave half the board behind with that, but I really can’t think of a better match.

Reaction Score
He was a really good Husky player, he carved out a long NBA career, and he'll always have the championship but this is just sad to watch. Need to work out a deal for him to leave quietly and he can maybe land an assistant job in the NBA. This is all way too big for him. He's tired, defeated, and disengaged.

He's shown an ability to develop guards and hammer home certain facets of offensive and defensive principles to high-IQ and tough players that someone else recruited. But he's in way over his head in terms of managing all aspects of a major program.

Fortunately, there's a term for this:

Assistant coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom