Ollie Post Game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Ollie Post Game

Reaction Score
I do, last season was a clusterf... and he knows it, for multiple reasons. The kids who didn't buy into what he wanted to change transferred, I'm OK with that one time. Last season was also impacted by key injuries, that simply can't be overlooked or dismissed.

This was the initial narrative that we spun (myself included). Those guys were "not UConn players." But, is it possible they saw the writing on the wall? That Vance (and his dad) were right in that our offense did not utilize him as anything but a standstill shooter? That Enoch (and his dad) were totally right in that the big men are not a part of our offense? I mean we all blasted these kids on the way out but in those two cases they were right. Having their respective pops involved was a bit lame, but I didn't blame them for seeing the burgeoning fire and bailing as the flames started to spread. Lets remember... At least two if not all three of the transfers would have been starters. They willingly gave up a year of competitive basketball to get away from here. What is it that they did not "buy into" and can you explain to me what it is that KO is selling? Because I do not see many players who seem to be all in. At some point you have to point the finger at the figurehead, no?

Reaction Score
In regards to the post game presser,when your high ranking as a public academic institution is a source of pride it is not a good look when your head basketball coach/graduate refuses to speak in clear English. The first two years it may have been cute to some but as things are heading South it is not a good look for Ollie or the program. No excuses. There are plenty of former players out there in broadcasting and as coaches that have no problems with public speaking.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure she is what they call a spectator, too. Get a degree in management before you post any more opinions.
I love that line..as if a spectator by definition is devoid of any knowledge and what they see they can't process. I'd don't blame a sister for sticking up for her brother, but what a lame response. Guess what? Your brother sucks as a head coach and is solely responsible for its demise.

Reaction Score
I still don't get why with the last scholly he and the staff didn't offer a little bit lesser athletic kid who could knock down a 3. How could the staff look at the roster and think that we were good with good shooters.
And we all know who that is

Attachments

• B2116941-0499-4A67-A473-6988B8867F31.jpeg
    B2116941-0499-4A67-A473-6988B8867F31.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 43

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I do. On a daily basis in fact.

And if I didn’t (like you), I certainly wouldnt post douchey comments suggesting anyone isn’t earning what they’re being paid.

Is this like when he doesn't sit near the media?

I see him working for another university. That UConn pays him while he does that is just another indictment on what a disaster they are running.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Is this like when he doesn't sit near the media?

I see him working for another university. That UConn pays him while he does that is just another indictment on what a disaster they are running.

That's on nobody but DB, Susan, and probably boosters.

Reaction Score
You’re a jackass. You have no idea what he does or what he doesn’t do. It’s not a glorified anything. Ask the UConn Foundation if JC raises money. Ask Susan Herbst. Or Dave Benedict. If you somehow think he doesn’t do enough to assist men’s basketball on the court, take it up with Kevin Ollie.

In his 6th year of retirement and in his mid 70s, the guy works more hours than the majority of people on the Boneyard.

Kyle Lowry donates $1MM to Villanova. "It's not about the money, it's about family. I'm able to give back to this great university that helped me get to where I am"

Villanova coach Jay Wright attended the announcement at Wells Fargo Center, where the top-ranked Wildcats are playing this season while their home court undergoes a $60 million renovation.

"Kyle has done so much to make us proud," Wright said. "A generous gift like this is really impactful to the entire university, to all athletes."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom