Ollie on benching Adams | The Boneyard

Ollie on benching Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is almost as egregious as throwing papers on the court vs. Maryland. Ollie hasn't earned his paycheck the last 1.5 seasons.

As soon as we give him a raise, off of 3 great weeks, he turns around and s*** the bed as a coach.

The recruiting classes are a nice step, but if we continue to be irrelevant year after year, because of poor in-game coaching and non-existent development of talent, that well will dry up.

Reaction Score
We had a discussion about Doug Wrenn the other day. Jalen is pretty much my favorite player on the team, but is Jalen this decade's doug wrenn and gilbert caron butler. I mean, what is going on? To be honest, I'm pretty confused.

Reaction Score
"There was a reason, there was a team reason." So when we got down by 2 the team reason/teaching a lesson no longer mattered? Hey Jalen you screwed up and were disciplined but all will be forgiven if you go in there and win the game for us. WTF?

Reaction Score
I would have respected Ollie's lesson more if he didn't put Jalen back in. His 'teaching/punishment moment' affected the whole team and not just Adams.

Oh and putting him back in at the end diluted the message.

^^^^^^THIS

You can't reprimand and make the kid watch them take a 12 point lead and then ask him to take over now that the 12 point lead has been all but taken back. You could see immediately he took the ball across the lane and stopped instead of making a play like he would normally, he wanted to get rid of it so as to not make a mistake. Poor coaching - either stay the course or give in earlier than when you need him to be the savior suddenly. Terrible job

Reaction Score
We had a discussion about Doug Wrenn the other day. Jalen is pretty much my favorite player on the team, but is Jalen this decade's doug wrenn and gilbert caron butler. I mean, what is going on? To be honest, I'm pretty confused.

Now I'm confused.

Reaction Score
^^^^^^THIS

You can't reprimand and make the kid watch them take a 12 point lead and then ask him to take over now that the 12 point lead has been all but taken back. You could see immediately he took the ball across the lane and stopped instead of making a play like he would normally, he wanted to get rid of it so as to not make a mistake. Poor coaching - either stay the course or give in earlier than when you need him to be the savior suddenly. Terrible job
I think the lesson taught tonight was nobody is bigger than the team...unless it's a tie game with 2 minutes left. What a joke.

Reaction Score
One of the problems is that we are thin down low so DHam plays 39 minutes so he can get 10 rebounds. Who else will get them? We have to live with his shooting. He's not a good shooter and goes 1-5 from 3. Jalen played only 19 minutes but whoever was in there during their run of 3's didn't cover well enough so that has to be recognized by KO. It's not like Gibbs and Purvis don't make mistakes out there.

Reaction Score
Well on the bright side, I can't see how any NBA team would want to touch him at this point. I'd definitely say he's closer to hot seat territory than leaving for NBA territory right now.

If we don't make the NCAAT, it will be the first time in 27 years that we have failed to make it two years in a row. An unprecedented low for UConn basketball as we know it.

That will get the clock ticking. 2 more years to show the new AD (who has no loyalty to KO) that JC was right about him as the long-term solution.

Reaction Score
so you guys think our coach lost this game? up what 12 6 min left? def not his fault. we couldnt make layups and temple hit big shots. the only thing that was a bad move by Ollie was leaving Gibbs in. But the players lost that game. Choked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom