Ollie Officially Fired | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Ollie Officially Fired

Reaction Score
This is not the first shot in the battle. There had to have been behind the scene discussions/buyout negotiations between the school and the Ollie camp. Obviously these did not produce the desired results. I am sure negotiations are ongoing and if each start to face growing legal bills a $$ amount will be agreed to.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I disagree. If this were UConn 3 years ago then yes much bigger story. Now? They will mention it and move on to conference tourneys and brackets. This will not get the coverage on TV that you think
Agreed. If today is the wrong tine, when would the right time be?

Reaction Score
Is that wrong?
Yeah it is. If you did something wrong it shouldn't matter if winning or losing. Just how everyone here was upset about UNC. Who you are, how the team is doing shouldn't matter. It is wrong to have 2 sets of standards. If Benedict would have used this to fire him when he was winning as well as losing I'd have no problem. To have a sense of right or wrong change to suit your purpose is immoral and unethical. Just my values.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What happens when people with big buyouts and dismal performance don't want to be reasonable and over play their hand ... simple rule of contracts... if you want to live by exacting terms be prepared to die by them as well
Please tell us - what was the atmosphere like in that negotiating room and how much input did you have in the decision?
People who make these know it all statements as if they know something intimate about specific situations leave me speechless
Please tell me how would you handle the situation if you were KO (forgive me KO)

Reaction Score
Agree with the move. I just question the timing.

Why release this on championship Saturday? There is so much media positioned to talk about college basketball today and tomorrow and it will be so easy for every single talking head/commentator to fill their air time with complaints about uconns handling of this.

We should have waited until Sunday night or Monday morning to release this. Then everyone would have been focused on the tournament and brackets and Ollie/UConn would have been an afterthought and secondary news.

Again, I agree with the move. I just think they chose the absolute worst possible time to release it to minimize public perception damage.

Most national media members will see this as the right move, considering our fall from glory. In those circumstances, they'll say "I feel bad for Ollie but this is what UConn needed to do." With that narrative, there is no harm in injecting ourselves into the March conversation. Lukewarm press is good press.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the NC. Bow out gracefully. Show another school you can be hired again. You know this wasn't Uconn basketball being displayed the last 3 years. 10 years from now you will want to be able to come back and celebrate your time here.
Yeah I'm sure he's really worried about coming back and celebrating his time here.

C

Chief00

What happens when people with big buyouts and dismal performance don't want to be reasonable and over play their hand ... simple rule of contracts... if you want to live by exacting terms be prepared to die by them as well

So true - I was hoping this part of the negotiations could be done quickly and quietly in private. Like so much the last couple years with MBB on will be on display for all to see.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Seth Greenberg is right: we have to get the hell out of this crappy conference. Problem is, we don’t have a lot of cache (current cache) to get into a good one right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom