Ollie Not Going to Final Four | The Boneyard

Ollie Not Going to Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's a dead period for recruiting, and pretty much all coaches usually go the Final Four since they have annual meetings there at the same time.

Reaction Score
Why is this news?
Its not news but could have been if Izzo repeats history and a few mics are stuck in his face for comments. Hell he probably would have been interviewed until Izzo loses. Opportunity to remind and brag a little.

Any press is good for us right now including the fact that he's boycotting.

I respect him taking a position: linky

Last edited:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Time better spent on recruiting instead of shmoozing with coaches. If the officials from the ACC or B1G are in Indy, I highly recommend Herbst and Manuel attend.....

Reaction Score
Too bad our state already has a similar law. If Malloy really means what he says, then he'll do something about the law in his own state.
It's NOT similar. Just has a similarly vague title. The law in Indiana is much different according to all the lawyerese I've read the past few days.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First thought - These laws are so poorly worded that no one seems exactly clear what they do or do not do. A sign of our political times, I guess.

Second thought - The typo in Herbst's statement should have been caught.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
It's NOT similar. Just has a similarly vague title. The law in Indiana is much different according to all the lawyerese I've read the past few days.

From everything I've been reading and hearing it's very similar. It's not the same verbatim, but anyone who has a problem with the Indiana law should be similarly disturbed by the legislation here in CT. Malloy has the market on saying one thing and doing another. Just ask anyone who lives in Rocky Hill.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
From everything I've been reading and hearing it's very similar. It's not the same verbatim, but anyone who has a problem with the Indiana law should be similarly disturbed by the legislation here in CT. Malloy has the market on saying one thing and doing another. Just ask anyone who lives in Rocky Hill.

You're not adequately informed.

Reaction Score

This is probably more attributable to what you're reading and hearing than anything else.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

You're painfully wrong. At least those you're listening to and what you're reading are. The Indiana law, with no prevailing anti descrimination legislation, is absolutely an invitation to descriminate against the LGBT community behind the veil of religious freedom. That's what makes it wildly different than the connecticut legislation and those in other states.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
First thought - These laws are so poorly worded that no one seems exactly clear what they do or do not do. A sign of our political times, I guess. Second thought - The typo in Herbst's statement should have been caught.

Also a bit of subject/pronoun disagreement in there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom