Ollie Not Going to Final Four | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ollie Not Going to Final Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only thing I'm concerned with is sometimes I know coaches for last years final four teams, sometimes are on the pregame broadcast. You put Kevin Ollie in front of a National Audience and he can sell you on anything. That type of exposure you can't buy. If Bryant Gumbel wants him there, Ollie should go

Reaction Score
Hobby Lobby could not refuse gay customers, or any group, that's left wing propaganda.

What they could do is go to court to stop gay customers from demanding they carry certain items.

The law merely gives them access to the courts when they feel their religious freedom is being trampled on.

I was merely pointing out the differences between Indiana's law and CT's law. I'm not a lawyer, so I won't attempt to interpret how a law could be enforced. I merely reiterated people's speculative concerns.

I was avoiding a political debate and merely presenting the facts and people's concerns, however reasonable or unfounded.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
The point I am trying to make is that the law is basically about who can sue or be sued. It does not give anyone the right to refuse service to any other group. It gives a business the right to have standing if they think their religious rights are being denied. Just as a person has that right.

The law is virtually identical to one that Barrack Obama voted for when he was in the Illinois Senate but that law did not include businesses.

That's utter bullshit. It absolutely gives a business owner the right to descriminate against the LGBT community. It simply does. Without government protection they become fair game with this law. That's why the numbskull of a governor and legislature are backtracking at 100mph and amending the act to include said protection. Those protections were covered by state anti-discrimination laws in the bill Obama signed and federally in the Bill Clinton signed. I'm ok with you advocating for legislation that inhibits the rights of American citizens, just be honest about it and down cower behind the guise of religious freedom or some silly misinterpretation of the first amendment.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of small towns in Indiana.. sometimes your choices are VERY limited. People say "just go to another store".. well sometimes there ISN'T another store of that type nearby....someone might potentially have to go out of town for a particular type of business (possibly a huge inconvenience). It's just bad all the way around.

How many businesses are going to publicly state that gays are not welcome business?

My main point is that Ollie and the gang should only boycott if they'd be willing to do so when they are participants.

Reaction Score

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I only used Hobby Lobby because it (as a business) was called out in the post I replied to.

The point I am trying to make is that the law is basically about who can sue or be sued. It does not give anyone the right to refuse service to any other group. It gives a business the right to have standing if they think their religious rights are being denied. Just as a person has that right.

The law is virtually identical to one that Barrack Obama voted for when he was in the Illinois Senate but that law did not include businesses.

Your spelling of the name of the guy who has been President for 6 years isn't the only thing incorrect in your post.

Reaction Score
The first business has come out stating they will not serve gay/lesbian customers in Indiana. One of the first proponents of the bill.

Apparently not just left wing propaganda.

http://wtnh.com/2015/04/01/indiana-business-first-to-deny-same-sex-service/

They would lose in court. The law only allows then to to sue. Their position “if a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no” would not be upheld .

The business is misinterpreting the law.

Reaction Score
And we're there. Locking it up. This is a place for UConn fans to talk about UConn Men's Basketball. It was inevitable that neither side could stand down from the debate. That's what happens when politics we disagree on merges with our shared love of UConn basketball. Fight this out on the Cesspool.

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
These people bother me so much. Where in the Bible does it say you can't serve pizza to gay people?

Right next to the part about not Eating an animal which doesn’t both chew cud and has a divided hoof, and making sure to keep your beard trim.
Exactly. That's the salient point. Picking and choosing sins. There are a lot of Bible sins they would ignore if they chose to serve at a political rally. And we know they wouldn't hesitate to serve a Republican rally. Of course they might make an excuse to avoid serving at a Democratic rally. :cool:
Bring me back to the good old days when the various churches ranted and raved and threatened to bring down politicians over divorce or premarital heterosexual sex. Those were the sins du jour back in the fifties and sixties. Those days are gone because churches need congregants. And congregants need to feel superior to someone. Best way to do that is to find the sin that most congregants are unlikely to be part of. The politicians needing votes will curry favor so they beat the drum in step with the churches. They all conveniently ignore "the casting of stones". I'm for morality. I'm against morality that emphasizes certain moral failings at the expense of others.

All of this sounds like discrimination to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom