Ollie finally lost them | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie finally lost them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We just had what we (and every other team) tend to have....a bad loss....a WTF loss.

It happens every year to nearly every team. We had managed to dodge that particular bullet right up until this evening.

Come back in off the ledge....

No, no. Let's just give him a little push further out.

Reaction Score
We are down 3 of our best players, it's essentially a 6 man team right now with a walk on starting in the backcourt. Injuries and lack of scholarships caught up with us, luckily there is only 1 game left. Time to start building for our run next year.
This

Reaction Score
What dunk ? boatright has bad conditioning,Giffey is the opposite. Daniels also has poor conditioning but he was also doing a lot more the whole game

caw

Reaction Score
Everyone tell me the last time I said a thing negative about this team. Go for it. I think I bagged on Olander once or twice for his crappy defense this season and that is it.

This was the same UConn team that played Cinci to a standstill a game ago with only 13 minutes in the first half from Giffey.

The effort was not there on defense at all. Rotations were late all night. Players were sulking 3 minutes into the second half.

I'm not saying Ollie can't get them back, but he lost them this game. It's a miracle he hadn't lost them for the Cinci game after losing to Gtown and not having anything left to play for.

It is one game but it's the one game this season that the team showed zero effort.

Reaction Score
We're barely at 33% of our German capacity and we get threads like this.

I'm almost too angry to watch Duck Dynasty now.

Dutch Dynasty. Great quote 33% of our German capacity.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
This is what I was worried about happening all year and it finally happened. The kids have finally given up. Giffey and Napier provide most of the grit for this team. With both out they don't have the talent or passion. No excuse, this is the type of game that should eliminate a team from the NCAAT (not that UConn is eligible).

It will be interesting to see if Ollie can get them back.

PROBABLY THE STUPIDEST POST I'VE EVER SEEN HERE (AND YOU HAVE A TON OF COMPETITION).

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I'm going to stand with CAW on this one even though he's in the crosshairs. The team had every right to lay down before the final buzzer, and they did.

Reaction Score
What dunk ? boatright has bad conditioning,Giffey is the opposite. Daniels also has poor conditioning but he was also doing a lot more the whole game
If Boat and Daniels have bad conditioning what does Olander have? He looks completely winded after not boxing out for 3 minutes.

Reaction Score
Everyone tell me the last time I said a thing negative about this team. Go for it. I think I bagged on Olander once or twice for his crappy defense this season and that is it.

This was the same UConn team that played Cinci to a standstill a game ago with only 13 minutes in the first half from Giffey.

The effort was not there on defense at all. Rotations were late all night. Players were sulking 3 minutes into the second half.

I'm not saying Ollie can't get them back, but he lost them this game. It's a miracle he hadn't lost them for the Cinci game after losing to Gtown and not having anything left to play for.

It is one game but it's the one game this season that the team showed zero effort.

He lost a team with RJ Evans starting. You can't lose anything when you were put in that scenario to begin with.

Reaction Score
This is what I was worried about happening all year and it finally happened. The kids have finally given up. Giffey and Napier provide most of the grit for this team. With both out they don't have the talent or passion. No excuse, this is the type of game that should eliminate a team from the NCAAT (not that UConn is eligible).

diabeetus.jpg

Reaction Score
There is really no analysis of the game needed...once the starting lineup was announced and it was obvious Calhoun was still not able shoot the game was over. They doubled/tripled Daniels whenever he got the ball in 2nd half...besides Boat who else is going to score. They got deflated at the end but F### it.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Holy duck*, that's stupid.

I mean, really, really stupid - the kind of stupid you don't come back from. They should brand a duck*ing "S" on your stupid duck*ing forehead.

Did you see the roster Ollie threw out on the court tonight?

This duck*ing board needs to be shut down forever.

I think Fishy has finally lost control of this board, NTM his own polished wit. It has taken KO all season to wear this board down. Finally, with a depleted team, not even one German on the floor, and our AD certainly dancing the night away with the university Pres while the Big East burns like Rome, the insane have taken over. Nice job Kev. Anyone in their right mind knows UConn, even starting 5 4th graders can stick it to a DI team if their heads are in the game. And now you have driven Fishy over the edge. Rip that contract to shreds. Where is Dom Perno when you need him.

caw

Reaction Score
PROBABLY THE STUPIDEST POST I'VE EVER SEEN HERE (AND YOU HAVE A TON OF COMPETITION).

Think back to the Cinci game, tell me the effort was the same on defense.

caw

Reaction Score
He lost a team with RJ Evans starting. You can't lose anything when you were put in that scenario to begin with.

Evans started against Cinci, team played with some heart in that game.

Reaction Score
If you all didn't see the effort difference in this game and the Cinci game you weren't paying attention. Giffey played a total of 13 minutes in that game.

They're coming off two tough, emotional losses, they're an injury away from having to play the water boy, and the guys who CAN play are dinged up from 16 conference games. They're spent, physically and emotionally. It happens.

To state that "Ollie has lost the team" implies something entirely different and is frankly offensive to me because it demeans the character of players who have been busting their humps all year and their coach, who has been doing the same.

Reaction Score
There is really no analysis of the game needed...once the starting lineup was announced and it was obvious Calhoun was still not able shoot the game was over. They doubled/tripled Daniels whenever he got the ball in 2nd half...besides Boat who else is going to score. They got deflated at the end but F### it.

This should be obvious to anyone with a brain or a pair of eyes. Which is why it is infuriating to read the sanctimonious BS about Ollie losing the team.

caw

Reaction Score
Disagree. I don't think they given up. I don't think we have the talent to continue when our best player is out and one of our best defenders. Idk I just want Ollie to get win 20

I don't mind losing, even getting blown out. It's the effort on defense that was disturbing.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You are one of the biggest morons on this board, and yes I am aware you were there in the beginning. You occasionally say something funny, but you are a bully and honestly not that intelligent. You jump on people and call them idiots every time they express an opinion that doesn't jive with yours.

If you all didn't see the effort difference in this game and the Cinci game you weren't paying attention. Giffey played a total of 13 minutes in that game.

Unfortunately, sweet pea, the consensus seems to be that your post was idiotic. Will you be tailoring posts addressing all of your detractors or will this brain dump of yours be a singular effort?

Thank you for your assessment of my body of work here. I'd reciprocate, but honestly, I can't say I remember a thing about you.

Ah, well.

Reaction Score
Without Bazz not much hope.
I don't want to put down RB but he is not ready for prime time.
actually has never shown he could lead a team.
The only legimate NBA prospect on the team is DD(aka the worm).
I think Bazz is an incredible college player and someday he we be a great coach
(he reminds me a little bit of Billy the Kid)
If I were Kevin I would remind him how money much BD makes.)
I doubt his body could take an NBA season.
I think the season ended with that brutal Georgetown loss.
This team owes us nothing.
I was against Ollie's hire but he has made me a beliver.
If he could get the remnents up one more time he is even better than I think.
Actually I was more against JC retirement and its effect on the perception of UConn.
I still beleive if he had stayed we would be in a better situation.
That is why this team in many ways was the most important team since the Dream Season
That team statement was " we are in the big time."
This team had to prove we still belonged even after our OBIT was written.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Think back to the Cinci game, tell me the effort was the same on defense.

I think the point here is simply that one horrible game (especially considering the depleted roster and the 28 games that preceded this one) does not equate to a coach having "lost" a team...

Reaction Score
It's a miracle he hadn't lost them for the Cinci game after losing to Gtown and not having anything left to play for.

It's a miracle this team has won 19 games. I hope they beat PC, but as long as Shabazz is out, we will be underdogs, and deservedly so.

Reaction Score
I don't even want Evans to give 'high effort' he just needed to blend in. I've accepted him and olander for what they are. Which is not much. Boat on the other hand has ability to be effective, so streaky with his decision making. Doesn't know how to pick his spots. We could have came back if Daniels was conditioned better. He needed the rock. Him and Napier should be lethal

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

caw, you finally lost us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32