Ollie finally lost them | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Ollie finally lost them

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
They're coming off two tough, emotional losses, they're an injury away from having to play the water boy, and the guys who CAN play are dinged up from 16 conference games. They're spent, physically and emotionally. It happens.

To state that "Ollie has lost the team" implies something entirely different and is frankly offensive to me because it demeans the character of players who have been busting their humps all year and their coach, who has been doing the same.

Did they have the effort on defense tonight?

I'm not questioning their effort all season. I am questioning their effort tonight. It sucked. It's a minor miracle it didn't happen during the Cinci game.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I think you guys are too strictly interpreting the phrase lost the team. But it appears this mob will have their sacrificial piñata. Let it out ladies and gents.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Deandre was terrific on defense when he has the energy everyone else was garbage. Nolan was great too. Once it became a blow out they lost focus stopped tagging men when shots went up

Reaction Score
Evans started against Cinci, team played with some heart in that game.

Yeah because a team being held together by rubber bands and duct tape right now can just heart there was every game right? Doesnt work that way sweetie. And you cant compare what happens 1 game to the next. Different teams different situations.

Reaction Score
I don't even want Evans to give 'high effort' he just needed to blend in. I've accepted him and olander for what they are. Which is not much. Boat on the other hand has ability to be effective, so streaky with his decision making. Doesn't know how to pick his spots. We could have came back if Daniels was conditioned better. He needed the rock. Him and Napier should be lethal

DD's conditioning is fine. He played probably 40 minutes while being the focal point of our offense and getting double and triple teamed. And he was playing help defense in a million different directions because all our guys were getting beat off the dribble because they themselves are likely exhausted from the season. What we needed were the two guys in street clothes and a force in the middle to contest some shots (which is hard against them because Fitzpatrick makes you extend to the arc).

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We're severely undermanned and all, but that doesn't excuse the embarrassment on the defensive end. We had no perimeter or transition D all night. It's hard to think the team gave 100% effort when just about every USF possession ended in a wide open shot.

Reaction Score
I think you guys are too strictly interpreting the phrase lost the team. But it appears this mob will have their sacrificial piñata. Let it out ladies and gents.

What do you not understand, you cannot lose a team that is playing at about 30% healthy right now. It is impossible. No Napier. No Giffey. Calhoun not 100%. You can only do so much. You have no control over it. If Cincinnati wanted to beat us by that much they could have as well. You are playing with fire right now when you go out there with a roster as depleted as ours.

Why you 2 dopes don't grasp this is beyond my reasoning. But keep going with your cliched over used expressions like "If only they played with heart" "Ollie lost the team". Go at it.

caw

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, sweet pea, the consensus seems to be that your post was idiotic. Will you be tailoring posts addressing all of your detractors or will this brain dump of yours be a singular effort?

Thank you for your assessment of my body of work here. I'd reciprocate, but honestly, I can't say I remember a thing about you.

Ah, well.

You can't remember a thing about me. Ohh, I lament the fact that Fishy doesn't remember me. I will go cry myself to sleep. Get over yourself.

Listen pea brain, your attempts at "wit" nauseating. This is only the second time I have responded to you, because honestly, you just dump garbage most of the time.

Reaction Score
We're severely undermanned and all, but that doesn't excuse the embarrassment on the defensive end. We had no perimeter or transition D all night. It's hard to think the team gave 100% effort when just about every USF possession ended in a wide open shot.

STOP AT SEVERELY UNDERMANNED.

There is your excuse.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Did they have the effort on defense tonight?

I'm not questioning their effort all season. I am questioning their effort tonight. It sucked. It's a minor miracle it didn't happen during the Cinci game.
You realize we were without our best player and one of our best defenders not to mention others out on suspension. You're better than that caw. Get a good nights sleep and come back whEn your thinking rationally

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Kevin Duffy (@KevinRDuffy)
3/6/13 10:39 PM
For the first time this years, UConn looks like it isn't playing for anything.

Ed Daigneault (@EdDaigneault)
3/6/13 10:52 PM
Four UConn players around the ball and USF gets the rebounding. First time all year UConn has had no fight in it.

Reaction Score

It's a loaded phrase and it's going to trigger a visceral reaction. Spare the sanctimony.

Reaction Score
lost.jpg

Reaction Score
This thread is already more entertaining than the game.

caw

Reaction Score
Kevin Duffy (@KevinRDuffy)
3/6/13 10:39 PM
For the first time this years, UConn looks like it isn't playing for anything.

Ed Daigneault (@EdDaigneault)
3/6/13 10:52 PM
Four UConn players around the ball and USF gets the rebounding. First time all year UConn has had no fight in it.

But, but, no one agrees with me.

Reaction Score
HMMMM... This thread really helps me understand Fishy's explanation of what "The Boneyard" once was and what it has become.

"We had a bunch of very good posters who weren't even UConn fans who simply preferred our board to their own. Beakum, the Pitt dude, some SU peeps, the FSU Nole guy, etc. It was just a great board.

Now, it's a lot of monkeys throwing s*** at the wall."

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
You know who this loss is on? It's that damn Naismith guy. If he didn't invent basketball, we couldn't have lost tonight.

caw

Reaction Score
It's a loaded phrase and it's going to trigger a visceral reaction. Spare the sanctimony.

Fine the phrasing could have been better. I'll give you that.

At the same time the effort wasn't there at all. Blame the players for not trying this game or Ollie for not getting to them. Your choice.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
But, but, no one agrees with me.
Doesn't mean you're not wrong. Just that Duffy and Ed apparently forgot its thought to play with one hand tied behind your back.

Reaction Score
Fine the phrasing could have been better. I'll give you that.

At the same time the effort wasn't there at all. Blame the players for not trying this game or Ollie for not getting to them. Your choice.

I'm with you up until "blame". I blame the fact that they're human and not robots, and I don't think they (or Ollie) deserve blame in any other sense for coming up with a clunker given all the various circumstances.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Dom Amore (@AmoreCourant)
3/6/13 11:33 PM
Kevin Ollie: "I'm satisfied with the effort, but the way we played defense in the second half, I'm not satisfied with that" #UConnmen

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Dom Amore (@AmoreCourant)
3/6/13 11:33 PM
Kevin Ollie: "I'm satisfied with the effort, but the way we played defense in the second half, I'm not satisfied with that" #UConnmen
BULLS HIT, caw and Duffy said they quit.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Saying he lost the team and it'll be interesting to see if he can get them back is the kind of crap that leads to a post Sunday morning saying HE CAN'T GET THEM BACK because they didn't make the NIT.

Step 1- create straw man
Step 2- ?????
Step 3- profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members