Ollie finally lost them | The Boneyard

Ollie finally lost them

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
This is what I was worried about happening all year and it finally happened. The kids have finally given up. Giffey and Napier provide most of the grit for this team. With both out they don't have the talent or passion. No excuse, this is the type of game that should eliminate a team from the NCAAT (not that UConn is eligible).

It will be interesting to see if Ollie can get them back.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This is what I was worried about happening all year and it finally happened. The kids have finally given up. Giffey and Napier provide most of the grit for this team. With both out they don't have the talent or passion. No excuse, this is the type of game that should eliminate a team from the NCAAT (not that UConn is eligible).

Disagree. I don't think they given up. I don't think we have the talent to continue when our best player is out and one of our best defenders. Idk I just want Ollie to get win 20

Reaction Score
Idk this team is really short handed right now. If anything i hope this shows any doubters how huge Napier was all year. Maybe the post season ban is finally starting to wear on them? To be honest its been starting to wear on me the last couple weeks since this is really the end.

Reaction Score
Calhoun has an injured hand and Boatright is....Boatright. Hot shot.

Reaction Score
No passion tonight, easy dunks, thin D, and zero effort

Reaction Score
We are down 3 of our best players, it's essentially a 6 man team right now with a walk on starting in the backcourt. Injuries and lack of scholarships caught up with us, luckily there is only 1 game left. Time to start building for our run next year.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

We just had what we (and every other team) tend to have....a bad loss....a WTF loss.

It happens every year to nearly every team. We had managed to dodge that particular bullet right up until this evening.

Come back in off the ledge....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Holy duck*, that's stupid.

I mean, really, really stupid - the kind of stupid you don't come back from. They should brand a duck*ing "S" on your stupid duck*ing forehead.

Did you see the roster Ollie threw out on the court tonight?

This duck*ing board needs to be shut down forever.

Reaction Score
Unbelievable. We barely have 5 guys to suit up and play and Ollie lost them? Such and idiotic statement.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Listen, you can't spend all year extolling Napier's virtues like we have (deservedly), and to a lesser extent Giffey, and then knock the team for not being good when they're out.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

I mean, really, really stupid - the kind of stupid you don't come back from. They should brand a duck*ing "S" on your stupid duck*ing forehead.

THIS.

It was one ducking game, calm the duck down.

Reaction Score
This team is limited, its been a roller coaster ride all year long and it seems we have finally gone off the roller coaster, hopefully we see better effort on Sat, you would hope you would. I honestly believe Shabazz will play against Providence. This team looks tired and im tired just watching them.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
You can be down to your last 5, and outclassed in talent, but as long as it says uconn on your chest you fight. That is the Ollie mantra. Daniels conceding the lane was the symbolic play for the final 10 min. Yes we've taken on critical damage to too many pieces. Yes Omar should count as one of our injured. And, yes, they quit. It's a shame for a wonderful season to go out this way. The stage is set for one more statement by this team on Sr. Day.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score

Thank you. I am as chicken little as the next, anyone with a brain knew this game was lost when Napier/giffey was not going to play and Calhoun's condition was reported to be getting worse.

7 player team down to about 2-3 and people want to act shocked we lost this game and say Ollie lost the team. Can't take the stupidity.

Reaction Score

caw, no disrespect, but when I saw the title of this thread, I was expecting the poster to be freescooter.

KO hasn't lost them. He's going with what he has. The strength of this team has been the tandem of SN/RB. That luxury is no longer available, as well as our sixth man. Not to mention OC's injury (he was awful). Our two best players were Daniels and Evans. With the way RB played, we should have lost by 30 from the get-go.

Reaction Score
I think they were tired. Boatright needs to learn alot of things . Giffey brought iq. Omar had an injured hand. Daniels looks like a 20+ a game plus 8 boards and 3 blocks right now who knows next year. Daniels is also a wildly underrated defender. honestly all we needed to do is feed deandre, he was then double and triple teamed. Open shots galor. Too bad

caw

Reaction Score

You are one of the biggest morons on this board, and yes I am aware you were there in the beginning. You occasionally say something funny, but you are a bully and honestly not that intelligent. You jump on people and call them idiots every time they express an opinion that doesn't jive with yours.

If you all didn't see the effort difference in this game and the Cinci game you weren't paying attention. Giffey played a total of 13 minutes in that game.

Reaction Score
This thread is a joke - and I give Daniels a pass on that dunk - he played the entire game and was exhausted.

Reaction Score

Will you make that happen?:D

PS: I will eternally hate if you do (what do I do with my life?):p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member