Ollie fighting to keep his job..Link from ESPN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ollie fighting to keep his job..Link from ESPN

Reaction Score
So.....is it normal for a head basketball coach to have union representation? Lol, ct is a cluster.
"Ollie is a member of the University of Connecticut's branch of the American Association of University Professors, a union that represents thousands of faculty members around the country. Per those close to the situation, few college basketball coaches possess union protection."

holy crap what a joke

Geno, Edsall etal are as well. It’s not new.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So when he fails in the initial hearing, fails in his appeal to Herbst, he can still go to arbitration...

"If that fails, his case could go to arbitration, and an arbitrator could decide to reduce the termination to a lesser penalty."

Good Lord

He's gonna remain head coach

Reaction Score
Is there a binding arbitration clause in his contract? If so, UConn needs to fire the lawyers working for the the AD. If there isn’t, he can go pound sand.

He's part of a union and in his contract if he is fired for cause he is due a hearing in 15 days then it can go to arbitration

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
No agent, attorney, nor human in their right mind would not do this.

Exactly. Dude is owed TEN MILLION DOLLARS. He was offered ZERO DOLLARS. He is pursuing action so that he leaves with X MILLION more dollars than zero.

Anyone in this thread who wouldn't do the same is either of the cloth or delusional.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
He is a member of a professors union. Posted in other thread

Im hip. In saying because hes a state employee has part of a union. DOT truck drivers are in the scientist and engineers union i believe. Not knocking anyone but i dont really see the fit.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Let me screw you out of $10 mil and tell me with a straight face you wouldn't fight tooth and nail to get it back

Not just that.

Let me screw you out of 10 million by claiming you caused violations severe enough to merit termination (good luck on your next job search) and tell us you wouldn't fight tooth and nail to get it back...

Reaction Score
we didn't screw him out of anything if he broke NCAA rules
Absolutely, its really the one stipulation in his contract that could get him fired for cause.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
even if he broke the smallest rule possible, the contract is pretty damn clear that it's cause to terminate the buyout provision. you don't get to decide what rule constitutes a firing and what doesn't.

I believe that the way this goes down is what most on the BY think; that this process will lead to a financial settlement where Ollie's name is maintained and UConn pays less than 10 million.

Of course, we'll lose time, recruits, and future coaching prospects in the process. It would have been better to let him go with the 10 mil and move on... If we only had the money...

C

Chief00

So.....is it normal for a head basketball coach to have union representation? Lol, ct is a cluster.
Yeah probably only in CT does a guy making $3 million a year gets union protection against being fire or is it for cause or both?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom