Olander update (good news) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Olander update (good news)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Who "crucified" him? Be more dramatic. I'm waiting for Upstater to compare him to Mandela.

And "our bad" what? He wasn't being a moron? It's mind boggling to me that some of you can't process the idea that these kids should be held to a higher standard than your run of the mill college jerk-off.
Gonna channel my inner NelsonMuntz here : Driving without a license means he should be kicked off the team? Ok, got it.

Also, just to clarify : by crucify, I didn't mean that posters were literally nailing him to wooden planks in the shape of a cross. I mean, that would be REALLY dramatic. We are better than that.

Sorry, I really must be better about spelling things out slowly for you : go check the thread when this was first reported. The posters pontificating that TO should be kicked off for getting his second alcohol related arrest, saying that this situation was worse than if he hit a woman. Tell me who was being a little overly dramatic there. Oh wait we didn't have ANY of the facts of this and still vilified him? He wasn't actually drunk, he just didn't have a license?

Yeah, I'd say that at least deserves an "our bad".

Get some facts and come back and see me.

Reaction Score
Olander shouldn't miss a game and it would be nice if some of the posters here would apologize for their knee jerk reactions. I remember when I was driving on the highway in college and was pulled over for going 5 miles over the speed limit. I was in the fast lane and the trooper came flying up on me and I was trying to get over into the shoulder but it was difficult to find a break in the traffic, the cop was yelling at me to pull over. I finally made it over to the shoulder and pulled over. The cop acted like he was giving me a break because he didn't give me a speeding ticket. Instead he gave me a ticket for something like dangerous changing of lanes. The only reason it could have been deemed dangerous changing of lanes is because I was scared that this cop was screaming into his bullhorn for me to pullover. Some cops are jerks.

Reaction Score
It should be clear: he deserves an apology because he was vilified for driving drunk. His reputation took a big hit. That's much worse than driving without a license.

Reaction Score
Who "crucified" him? Be more dramatic. I'm waiting for Upstater to compare him to Mandela.

And "our bad" what? He wasn't being a moron? It's mind boggling to me that some of you can't process the idea that these kids should be held to a higher standard than your run of the mill college jerk-off.

Well... if you go back to the original thread you have guys claiming that "its booze at a minimum" causing all these issues with Tyler. I guess was a bit premature.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I was recently told that police can pull 95% of the people on the road over for violating one simple law: you are not allowed to have the dealership frame around your license plate. It's against the law.

Hah, good thing I took mine off recently and replaced it with a UConn one.

Reaction Score
Tyler is 6 ft 10. He just needs to adjust the seats on his car - a la Hightower in Police Academy.

hightower.jpg
'79 ice blue Honda Civic-Had the exact same awesome car- drove x-country with wifey & 2-year old :D
BTW great car:cool:

Reaction Score
Everyone has a story. I was pulled over for DWY. Pulled me over, comes up to the window and asks if I know why. Of course I don't. Tells me I "kind of" rolled through a stop sign, all the while peering into the backseat and actually poking his head in to see the floor of the passenger side. Then he asks whose car is this. I tell him its my mother's. And he says, "says here on the registration that its your father's". I am like WTF? Guess he was just trying to see if I was slurring my words? But I guess he figures out that I am sober and he has seen nothing of concern in the car, so he says I'm going to let you off with a written warning. My only explanation was that there were 3 other people in the car so it was an excuse to pull over a car full of teenagers.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
This is just CYA for the arresting cop. At some point everyone gets to experience what the "citizen/law enforcement" encounter is really like. If it's not you, it will be your kid, nephew, or neighbor's kid. I love the shock/disbelief/outrage/utter sense of violation these people show up with when the experience is personal and not just someone else in the news. The "someone else" is always the bad guy and the cops are the good guys, just doing their job. "Jerky steering maneuvers?" C'mon. Why not just come out and say it: WEAVING. Everyone is weaving. It's such bs they don't even want to use the term. Now it's "jerky steering maneuvers." You have to just shake your head . . . .

To me, weaving implies that someone is changing in and out of lanes quickly, as if to move through traffic. The "jerky steering maneuvers " were within the "lane of travel".

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Any suspension at all for a kid with one strike driving a car when he had no liscence?

Your hard-on for UConn is disturbing. You should get that checked out.

Reaction Score
I am happy to hear he wasn't intoxicated. We are really going to need him this year. And to those who were saying Ollie should have rescinded his scholly like he did to Wolf, before getting all the details of the story; well, I hope you learned your lesson...Some of the posts about Olander were extremely ignorant and disappointing to read.

Reaction Score
I find it funny that the breathalyzer said he wasn't drunk but a high level Division 1 National Champion athlete couldn't pass the field sobriety (coordination) test.

Dude, walk a straight line much? C'mon Tyler.

Reaction Score
I find it funny that the breathalyzer said he wasn't drunk but a high level Division 1 National Champion athlete couldn't pass the field sobriety (coordination) test.

Dude, walk a straight line much? C'mon Tyler.

I've never done one, but how would you know if you passed one anyway?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Ooops, I should have said that you are not allowed to have ANY frame.

You know, after I posted that I figured that was what you meant. It would make no sense to disallow dealership frames exclusively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom