Oklahoma State Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Oklahoma State Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
And 100% would be even better. But 73% is better than the majority of D1 teams. And 85% would be the best season in NCAA history by a wide margin
Some people think we should never miss a free throw. And what is our % taking Clingan out of the mix. Close to 80% I would think

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
He’s a much better defender than Polley and, honestly, much more dynamic with the ball in his hands. Polley was pretty much the definition of a one trick pony. With a really attractive mom.

I was being somewhat facetious (Polley wasn’t a good defender at all), but I don’t see whatever dynamic ball handling/creation you’re seeing. I see a descendant of the Austrie-Gaffney ball-pounding tribe. Dude runs the weave.

In big minutes, he now has 148 assists in 99 games. That’s awful.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Bad nights for every new guy not named Joey and it was never close in the 2nd half. That’s nice. The first half was really fun to watch.

I’ve kinda given up on Alleyne and I’m about ready to give up on Diarra. Their D may be fine but they’re minus on offense. At least Diarra sets people up from time to time, but I fail to see what Alleyne does out there to earn the minutes he’s getting.
Diarra has been great in his role. Plays good D, handles the ball and runs the offense, and gets to the rim at times. Our team doesn’t seem to skip a beat with him on the floor. Alleyne on the other hand has been a cooler and nonexistent on defense. Limit Alleynes minutes but having Diarra the first off the bench

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Did we pull away in the second half when Jackson came back into the game? He played great tonight but seems to be a game changer coming off the bench. He’s a great change of pace guy and puts a lot of pressure on the opposing team.

Reaction Score
Did we pull away in the second half when Jackson came back into the game? He played great tonight but seems to be a game changer coming off the bench. He’s a great change of pace guy and puts a lot of pressure on the opposing team.
Jackson was +3 in the second half where we got outscored by 7. So even if we didn't pull away, our best minutes were still with him on the floor

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Jackson was +3 in the second half where we got outscored by 7. So even if we didn't pull away, our best minutes were still with him on the floor
Sorry, I can’t edit it. I meant first half. When Jackson was subbed out and eventually came back in we went on the run to end the half. That’s what I was referring to

Reaction Score
With the Top Dogs program, the Ollie years, and then COVID the student section intensity really died off. It was a game that UConn had a 10+ lead most of the time and an insane amount of stoppages in the first half but it still felt low energy. Someone in the AD has to teach them the old ways.

Reaction Score
8 steals and 17 turnovers on them jumps out. We have a lot of disrupters out there. We’re not a fun team to play.

Reaction Score
This game was not our best work of art, just average. But average at this point in the season showed lots to like. By far the best game by Hawkins, he showed his NBA game. Would like to see more penetration by Newton instead of the constant half court set-up. This would open up the inside. Only Jackson seemed to want to go to the hoop and this was when we were at our best. The few turnovers in this game showed a great side of this team despite the strong ball pressure Okla exhibited.

Donavon C has to dunk more, finesse against the size and talent of Okla didn't work.
Hope the coach's pencil in few starter minutes for than were played in the second half. We looked winded and had trouble finding our offensive. The second half of this game needs serious analysis.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This game was a good thing. A 10 point win that exposed a lot of weaknesses that Hurley can work on. We will need to clear them up to win at Florida.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Can we finally put to bed the Jackson as point guard discussion? He's definitely our lead dog
He's a point wing/forward, especially when Newton is not in there. Joey C would advance the ball vs. soft pressure, but he gave it up to a better ball handler almost immediately after crossing the timeline. Jackson is a facilitator of the offense.

Reaction Score
We had some good looks that didn’t fall last night. The team shot under 38% and still won pretty comfortably. Hawkins and Sanogo were unstoppable in the first half. Hard to keep you eyes off Andre even when he or the player he’s guarding doesn’t have the ball.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I didn’t touch it so no harm, :) and I’m making a mojo joke about Walton here. But no one got -9. If you did show me . That spread was 10.5 mostly give or take .5 either way . I’ll take a a 10 point win over B12 team every day of the week, which is why I don’t bet that.
Patience is key my friend :cool:

Attachments

• 5770E086-2F36-4AE8-BAE5-DC6B72F6C203.jpeg
    5770E086-2F36-4AE8-BAE5-DC6B72F6C203.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 121

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The problem is, it’s all he’s ever done. Shooting 24% from 3 when that’s all you do is bad. Obviously he’ll pick it up but does this team really need a shorter Polley? Don’t we have enough talent?
Funny I said the exact thing in a chat about him being like Polley.

If he doesn’t do anything more than shoot on offense and can’t do it consistently than we’re probably going to be seeing an 8 man rotation soon. Will go back to nine once SJ gets back.

Reaction Score
He should be. He was wide open for 3 in the corner, Sango looked right at him, ignored him, and threw up a contested miss. By all accounts Sanogo is a great guy liked by all, but that kind of crap can eventually screw with team chemistry. Scouts notice it too I'm sure. He needs to fix that.
It’s easy to forget that Adama didn’t grow up playing basketball like kids here. His skills and work ethic are so far ahead of his game feel.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Diarra has been great in his role. Plays good D, handles the ball and runs the offense, and gets to the rim at times. Our team doesn’t seem to skip a beat with him on the floor. Alleyne on the other hand has been a cooler and nonexistent on defense. Limit Alleynes minutes but having Diarra the first off the bench

Agree -- it just seems Diarra is a better fit.

Reaction Score
Adama has to pass the ball when he has 3 guys on him. This isn’t last season. He’s surrounded with shooters and playmakers. It’s going to hamper our offense if it isn’t adressed. Hurley will address it though. Adama isn’t selfish, he just bet tunnel vision

Reaction Score
I think Alleyne will be fine, just needs to find his shot. He’s hit a good clip of 3’s in his career. Slashing/3 and D guy, no more.
Right I’ve been feeling the same about Alleyne: give him time and he’ll come around eventually.

But it’s now 8 games with 7 of those as a starter and it hasn’t happened. Reminds me of last year waiting for Hawkins to show up, and he never really did.

At this point his minutes need to be reduced until and unless he proves it on the court.

Reaction Score
Right I’ve been feeling the same about Alleyne: give him time and he’ll come around eventually.

But it’s now 8 games with 7 of those as a starter and it hasn’t happened. Reminds me of last year waiting for Hawkins to show up, and he never really did.

At this point his minutes need to be reduced until and unless he proves it on the court.
Outside of last night he’s been really good on defense. He’s really our only guard off the bench with size. He has his value outside of his offensive production

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom