Oklahoma State Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Oklahoma State Post Game Thread

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I think part of it was to find out exactly where the fatigue point is for those players against a high level opponent.
I going to duck before I say; Geno does stuff like that.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
We covered, it was UConn -9 and we won by 10. I know some people did get in early at -11.5 though
I didn’t touch it so no harm, :) and I’m making a mojo joke about Walton here. But no one got -9. If you did show me . That spread was 10.5 mostly give or take .5 either way . I’ll take a a 10 point win over B12 team every day of the week, which is why I don’t bet that.

Reaction Score
Double digit, Quad 2 win on a meh night. Sign of a solid team. Now for our first true road game.
Ok. State is 33 in Kenpom so this could end up being a Q1 win if they can get to 30 later in the year (and stay.) Having said that, the nice thing is that the number of Q1 wins probably won’t matter as much this year as in years past since the team is so good and should be comfortably in the tourney with a high seed come March.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
And 100% would be even better. But 73% is better than the majority of D1 teams. And 85% would be the best season in NCAA history by a wide margin
You know what they say about UConn fans and high expectations.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Bad nights for every new guy not named Joey and it was never close in the 2nd half. That’s nice. The first half was really fun to watch.

I’ve kinda given up on Alleyne and I’m about ready to give up on Diarra. Their D may be fine but they’re minus on offense. At least Diarra sets people up from time to time, but I fail to see what Alleyne does out there to earn the minutes he’s getting.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Bad nights for every new guy not named Joey and it was never close in the 2nd half. That’s nice. The first half was really fun to watch.

I’ve kinda given up on Alleyne and I’m about ready to give up on Diarra. Their D may be fine but they’re minus on offense. At least Diarra sets people up from time to time, but I fail to see what Alleyne does out there to earn the minutes he’s getting.
I think Alleyne will be fine, just needs to find his shot. He’s hit a good clip of 3’s in his career. Slashing/3 and D guy, no more.

Reaction Score
I didn’t touch it so no harm, :) and I’m making a mojo joke about Walton here. But no one got -9. If you did show me . That spread was 10.5 mostly give or take .5 either way . I’ll take a a 10 point win over B12 team every day of the week, which is why I don’t bet that.
I got it at -8.5 and total points over 134.5 at 1pm

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think Alleyne will be fine, just needs to find his shot. He’s hit a good clip of 3’s in his career. Slashing/3 and D guy, no more.

The problem is, it’s all he’s ever done. Shooting 24% from 3 when that’s all you do is bad. Obviously he’ll pick it up but does this team really need a shorter Polley? Don’t we have enough talent?

Reaction Score
Weren’t ready for this level of competition? OSU wasn’t as good as any of the teams they played against in Portland OR.
OSU is definitely better than Oregon, or at lest the Oregon team UConn played. Those MTE games are a lot different then the grind of a regular season game. OSU had awhile to scout and develop a game plan, whereas those MTE games are often back to backs or a quick scout game. You could tell OSU wanted to attack Karaban in the post, quick shows on Sanogo, attack certain guard looks etc etc. Cisse getting in early foul trouble changed the game and it got away from them. OSU looks like a solid team, that two big line up is tough to play against if you don’t have a potent offensive line up. Reminds me a little bit of UConn last year, rock fights.

What we saw tonight is what we’ll probably see going forward. Bench shrinks a bit, rotations get tighter, roles more defined. Hopefully they can cut back Karabans minutes, 35+ is too much.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The problem is, it’s all he’s ever done. Shooting 24% from 3 when that’s all you do is bad. Obviously he’ll pick it up but does this team really need a shorter Polley? Don’t we have enough talent?
Good point. Sometimes too many cooks in the kitchen is a bad thing. But we’ll need Alleyne at some point, he just needs a confidence boost. He has had 2 bad games, dwindling minutes, and lost his starting job.

Still showed up better than the students tonight. My god that was brutal.

caw

Reaction Score

If he can get his shooting up again, he is a shorter Polley who can play defense. That's a solid piece.

Reaction Score

He’s a much better defender than Polley and, honestly, much more dynamic with the ball in his hands. Polley was pretty much the definition of a one trick pony. With a really attractive mom.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
He’s a much better defender than Polley and, honestly, much more dynamic with the ball in his hands. Polley was pretty much the definition of a one trick pony. With a really attractive mom.
Pics please.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• C915DE61-4D63-4258-9E0C-ED1A0B4A2276.jpeg
    C915DE61-4D63-4258-9E0C-ED1A0B4A2276.jpeg
    82.1 KB · Views: 156
Reaction Score
Karaban probably had 6-10 pts left on the table because Sanogo just eats the rock, then chucks up a bad shot.
Yep and he really got bounced around and was unlucky in some of those fouls called. But what you said is true. Sometimes Sanogo still gets a little tunnel vision and bulls himself into a tough spot. He needs to establish but we don't need to ride one guy every night. Was a little surprised we got very little Clingan. On the whole last night could have been a slip up game after the PK but we had enough good runs to get us through pretty much wire to wire. Some inconsistent play but why peak too early? The potential is there.

Reaction Score
Ok St is not a pushover .They're a tough physical team. I would say that the NBA scouts got their money's worth tonite with the Big Three.. They put on a show ..Almost like they were auditioning and were all putting their strengths and potential on display. Fun to watch.

Next

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom