Oklahoma State Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Oklahoma State Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Sanogo passing...why does he insist on holding onto the ball when other players are wide open? I counted at least 5 times where he should have passed out but either turned it over or took a terrible shot.

He's gotta look at other players sometimes.

I'll take the 10 point win but this easily could have been 15+.

BTW....0 assists for the big guy.
He’s getting better but regressed in 2nd half. Karaban was open for layups at least twice.

Overall Sanogo played well.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Tonight was just more proof that as a team they can get it done. We have a talented team with not just depth but breadth of skill. Was tonight their best game, maybe not but it was still a convincing win that I was never concerned about.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I think that was our C+ game.

The second half was not very good but it was never in doubt.
To me that looked like a double digit win over a power conference team that will almost certainly be in the tournament. They played probably a C+ game and there was never a second where I didn’t think they’d win. I’ll take it.
That was my exact thought - we played our C+ game and still won by 10 without the game ever being in question against a quality B12 team.

Gives them a lot to work on, but still moving up.

Reaction Score
I am confused about the announcers for tonight‘s game. They were discussing basketball and the game itself. Shouldn’t they have been talking about trees, or rivers, or concerts? So weird.
Only in the Pacific Northwest does that happen with a certain announcer.

;)

Reaction Score
I think the next step for this team is what JC would refer to as developing their killer instict. He often said one of the hardest things for a team to learn is to not take your foot off a team's neck when you have them down. Even in Portland, they let teams back in and sooner or later that will bite you if you keep doing it. Just thias long as it's in a regular season game and not a tourny game, I think we all could live with that.
Still, after their performance in the PKI, I don't think many would have been surprised by a little bit of a let down. They were a little flat at times, but still, they ground out a win... against a pretty good team.

Reaction Score
Rough 2nd half, but when this team is clicking, they put up points in a hurry.

Breakout game for J-Hawk. Love his development
Pretty sure by the 2nd half their legs were shot, after the long weekend.

Reaction Score
Karaban is tough as nails. Had a difficult assignment on defense and played as well as can be expected. Didn’t have a great offensive game, but played 37 minutes as a freshman. Kudos to the young man. Great effort.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The three returnees carried the team tonight.
The transfers and freshmen weren’t ready for this level of competition…with the exception of Joey C.
Good point. OS mostly upperclassmen, very good athletes with good speed and refused to give up in a tough road arena. Lots of pressure all game. We were fortunate their big man got in early foul trouble. This Uconn edition finds a way to win games and they too never gave up. They had to earn this win because Oklahoma State was not qoing to quit. Good prelude for the upcoming Big East season.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He’s getting better but regressed in 2nd half. Karaban was open for layups at least twice.

He was poor rebounding and had tons of passes he just didn't make. Plus he missed more shots he would have made if he used glass. I'm expecting more from him now.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Sanogo good first half, just as awful 2nd half both ends. Black hole needs to change its painful to watch him dribble more than once and forget he has teammates.
Yeah. Out rebounded overall and out scores in the second half

Reaction Score
Sanogo passing...why does he insist on holding onto the ball when other players are wide open? I counted at least 5 times where he should have passed out but either turned it over or took a terrible shot.

He's gotta look at other players sometimes.

I'll take the 10 point win but this easily could have been 15+.

BTW....0 assists for the big guy.
Yep saw this too late in the second half, he needs to get better at this.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There was a point in the second half, I think 56-45 where OSU had a couple of chances to get the game to single digits. The lineup on the floor wasn't getting it done and Hurley had Clingan, Jackson and I think Joey C. sitting at the scorer's table.

My immediate reaction was the opponents have just spent five minutes of game time and have the chance to get in to single digits and at the next whistle they have to deal with those three fresh bodies. It's not quite wave after wave, but it's a real powerful rip current.

caw

Reaction Score
Weren’t ready for this level of competition? OSU wasn’t as good as any of the teams they played against in Portland OR.

Kenpom has them higher than ISU and Oregon. Personally think they are pretty similar to ISU, maybe more athletic.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Karaban is tough as nails. Had a difficult assignment on defense and played as well as can be expected. Didn’t have a great offensive game, but played 37 minutes as a freshman. Kudos to the young man. Great effort.

Yep saw this too late in the second half, he needs to get better at this.

Sanogo definitely missed at least three easy back side passes to Karaban who was wide open. On the last miss you could see Karaban was a bit frustrated by it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom