Okie State @ Baylor - 01/31/2018, 7:30 p.m., EST | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Okie State @ Baylor - 01/31/2018, 7:30 p.m., EST

Reaction Score
I think some of you are obviously looking for reasons to make yourselves feel better after Baylor totally destroyed a Texas team that UCONN struggled to beat. I think you are a little worried that the big, bad Baylor will take it to you should we meet in the NCAA tourney. You are worried at what Brown and Cox will do to your under-sized front line, and that Kristy Wallace is as good, if not better, than any guards that play for UCONN.

So go ahead and snipe away at Baylor if it makes you feel better. We all do what we need to in order to get by.
I realize you are just having a little fun, and much of what you say is plausible, but you jump the shark in your claims about Kristy Wallace. I assure you no one (not even her parents) thinks that she "is as good as, if not better, than any guards that play for UCONN."

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think your point about the relative scores against Texas are concerning.
I think on paper this looks like a good, close competitive game.
We will know later this evening who will be eating crow.
I wonder after the outcome if you will be big enough to show back up and handle it with class either way?
So I won't be adding any trash talking to this thread just the comment "be careful what you wish for".
Bronx23

I am sure that most wish I would not show back up. I've been here for years and I've eaten my share of crow like an adult.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I realize you are just having a little fun, and much of what you say is plausible, but you jump the shark in your claims about Kristy Wallace. I assure you no one (not even her parents) thinks that she "is as good as, if not better, than any guards that play for UCONN."

I do. I have seen Wallace perform as well as any guard in the country all season.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think your point about the relative scores against Texas are concerning.
I think on paper this looks like a good, close competitive game.
We will know later this evening who will be eating crow.
I wonder after the outcome if you will be big enough to show back up and handle it with class either way?
So I won't be adding any trash talking to this thread just the comment "be careful what you wish for".
Bronx23

I will say this, based on UCONN's rigorous schedule since the Notre Game game, in which UCONN trailed deep into the 4th quarter, they should be well rested mentally. That one game against Texas must have been very mentally taxing.

Reaction Score
I will say this, based on UCONN's rigorous schedule since the Notre Game game, in which UCONN trailed deep into the 4th quarter, they should be well rested mentally. That one game against Texas must have been very mentally taxing.
The team lives out of a suitcase and basically has to do the student part of student-athlete on a plane or in a hotel. Regardless of opponents, that type of schedule is tough on 18-21 year olds.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UCONN can't be tired after their recent schedule.

Depaul
Oklahoma
Duquesne
Memphis
ECU
UCF
Houston
Texas
Tulsa
Temple
Memphis
Tulane

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The team lives out of a suitcase and basically has to do the student part of student-athlete on a plane or in a hotel. Regardless of opponents, that type of schedule is tough on 18-21 year olds.

Boo hoo. It is tough flying around the country on a private jet and staying in the best hotels.

Reaction Score
Their fans don't come to this board to tell us their team is tired.

Sorry we don't have our head in the clouds like other schools. If they look tired I have no problem saying it. If they are on fire, I will say it. I would think you would rather have other fans that are honest about their team and not full of crap. Forgive me for being honest. I like this board because people are straight up and honest about it, and if I am supposed to lie about how I feel about my teams performance I will. I like the facts, also UConn is not easy to get to and I don't imagine many teams wanting the top dog to have home court advantage anyway.

Reaction Score
UCONN can't be tired after their recent schedule.

Depaul
Oklahoma
Duquesne
Memphis
ECU
UCF
Houston
Texas
Tulsa
Temple
Memphis
Tulane

Let me end this argument....1) UCONN beat Texas (regardless of score), 2) In regards to your attempt of talking about schedules....UCONN: RPI 2 SOS 4 Texas: RPI 11 SOS 21. PERIOD.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Their fans don't come to this board to tell us their team is tired.

I know, pathetic isn't it? Baylor fans telling us their team is pooped. Good lord.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Let me end this argument....1) UCONN beat Texas (regardless of score), 2) In regards to your attempt of talking about schedules....UCONN: RPI 2 SOS 4 Texas: RPI 11 SOS 21. PERIOD.

I know, pathetic isn't it? Baylor fans telling us their team is pooped. Good lord.

Depaul
Oklahoma
Duquesne
Memphis
ECU
UCF
Houston
Texas
Tulsa
Temple
Memphis
Tulane

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Oh my goodness? Is that who UConn has played? UConn must be pooped too!!

It has been a very rigorous December and January for UCONN. I'm surprised that they have anything left to give a SC tonight.

Reaction Score
It has been a very rigorous December and January for UCONN. I'm surprised that they have anything left to give a SC tonight.
At least they are willing to go on the road and play a top team out of conference this time of year. It's great that Coach Staley has adopted an anytime anywhere approach to scheduling much like Geno and the legendary Pat Summitt. She certainly does not duck teams, not even when we had the big three. Not all coaches can say that.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Indeed. They are likely exhausted, though not as much as Baylor.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
tenor.gif

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
In fairness regarding the whole "tired" issue, I do recall Geno saying his team was mentally tired from the long road trip and that that mental fatigue probably accounted for some less than stellar quarters, if not halves, of games in December/January. I can't speak to how much an excuse it really should be, but I was surprised to hear Geno talk about the teams' fatigue as I always thought UCONN was one of the most physically fit and mentally tough teams out there and that any kind of fatigue was never really a problem for any of these teams.

Maybe it gets back to Geno's recent comments that the players on the team are just too nice - something about them being like "kids you know from down the street" or something like that.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
At least they are willing to go on the road and play a top team out of conference this time of year. It's great that Coach Staley has adopted an anytime anywhere approach to scheduling much like Geno and the legendary Pat Summitt. She certainly does not duck teams, not even when we had the big three. Not all coaches can say that.

I agree with you. I just wanted to make a point that every schedule can be ridiculed if you try hard enough. I respect Geno's willingness to schedule the top talent, anywhere, and I hope that Mulkey eventually follows that path. I get really tired of Baylor's sugar plum OOC schedule. She is really cheating the players out of the opportunity to whip everyone's ass like UCONN does.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think some of you are obviously looking for reasons to make yourselves feel better after Baylor totally destroyed a Texas team that UCONN struggled to beat. I think you are a little worried that the big, bad Baylor will take it to you should we meet in the NCAA tourney. You are worried at what Brown and Cox will do to your under-sized front line, and that Kristy Wallace is as good, if not better, than any guards that play for UCONN.

So go ahead and snipe away at Baylor if it makes you feel better. We all do what we need to in order to get by.
And I suppose that the Baylor fans are trying to make up stories to make themselves feel better after having two middling teams stay startlingly close with Baylor in two consecutive games.

Texas was obviously more motivated for its game against the 11-time national champion and then has had a natural letdown since then.

Reaction Score
And I suppose that the Baylor fans are trying to make up stories to make themselves feel better after having two middling teams stay startlingly close with Baylor in two consecutive games.

Texas was obviously more motivated for its game against the 11-time national champion and then has had a natural letdown since then.

Oh come on Plebe be nice.
Texas was plenty motivated since they absolutely hate Baylor and wanted nothing more to beat us. Yes, they wanted to beat UConn bad, but come on that's our rival and the blood runs deeper than just trying to beat a good program. I mean Karen worked for Kim at one point!

Also, I am sure if UConn were in the ACC they would get a little tired and sluggish during conference when they are facing Top 25 teams game after game. Nobody will be right in this, but it is fair to look at it from both sides.

UConn's conference is not very good.
Baylor's out of conference was not very good.
So it is the same thing in the end. You will play 7,8,9 ranked teams by Tourney time and so will they.
Yall have to schedule yours and and a large portion of BU's is because of conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom