Okie State @ Baylor - 01/31/2018, 7:30 p.m., EST | The Boneyard

Okie State @ Baylor - 01/31/2018, 7:30 p.m., EST

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Should be another good match-up for Baylor. Baylor played a bit tired at WVU so being back in Waco should result in another big win.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Should be another good match-up for Baylor. Baylor played a bit tired at WVU so being back in Waco should result in another big win.
Baylor plays so rarely outside of the state of Texas I wasn't surprised at how close the game against WVA was. I expect Baylor to play well tonight and continue to be ill prepared for a closely packed tournament schedule in another state.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Any broadcasting info?
Here in NYC I have them on Fox College Sorts Central at 7:30 pm in standard definition. It's also available to watch live and listen to the radio broadcast on College Sports Live.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Thanks for the tv broadcast info. For some reason DirecTV decided to list the teams in their Guide instead of their normal "Women's College Basketball".

Reaction Score
I take that back.....can't make easy shots! Only 1 3pt attempt in the first half! They look slow and sluggish. Score should be a lot higher!!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Another rather underwhelming win for Baylor, this time at home. But at least they finished strong.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The team looked fatigued to me. I guess that's what happens when you play in a good conference and have to face your third top 25 team in as many games.

Cox, Brown, and this time Cohen, owned the paint. Between the three of them they had 57 points and 34 rebounds. Quite a performance by the Baylor bigs.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Glad to see Chou hit a couple of big 3s in the 4th quarter. Those two shots were key to Baylor breaking away from OSU. I hope that helps her confidence because we really need that from her every game.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Let's not forget that OSU played Mississippi State within 3 points in Starkville and also has a win over UCLA. They also lost by only 5 at Texas and by , so team is not chopped liver.

Reaction Score
The team looked fatigued to me. I guess that's what happens when you play in a good conference and have to face your third top 25 team in as many games.
Come on most of Baylor's games have been in Waco. How taxing can that be? UConn has played just 4 games in Storrs, and 13 of 20 games have been away from home. UConn has played back to back home games just once this season on Nov 17-19, and won't again until Feb 10-12. Seriously, does Baylor ever have road trips?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Let's not forget that OSU played Mississippi State within 3 points in Starkville and also has a win over UCLA. They also lost by only 5 at Texas and by , so team is not chopped liver.
But then again, just when you think you've controlled the narrative ... they lost to Iowa State.

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Come on most of Baylor's games have been in Waco. How taxing can that be? UConn has played just 4 games in Storrs, and 13 of 20 games have been away from home. UConn has played back to back home games just once this season on Nov 17-19, and won't again until Feb 10-12. Seriously, does Baylor ever have road trips?

9 road games and 12 home games to be exact after yesterday's game. I wouldn't say that "most" of Baylor's games have been in Waco.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
9 road games and 12 home games to be exact after yesterday's game. I wouldn't say that "most" of Baylor's games have been in Waco.

Don't bug us with your pesky details. We prefer to say that most of Baylor's games are are at home.

There is a big difference between playing a good opponent every two or three weeks and playing three tough conference opponents 3 games in 6 days. Surely you all remember what it was like when you had tough conference opponents like Rutgers, Louisville, Notre Dame, Depaul, etc. that you had to face night after night.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think some of you are obviously looking for reasons to make yourselves feel better after Baylor totally destroyed a Texas team that UCONN struggled to beat. I think you are a little worried that the big, bad Baylor will take it to you should we meet in the NCAA tourney. You are worried at what Brown and Cox will do to your under-sized front line, and that Kristy Wallace is as good, if not better, than any guards that play for UCONN.

So go ahead and snipe away at Baylor if it makes you feel better. We all do what we need to in order to get by.

Reaction Score
So 12 out of 21 is not most? It's nearly 60%. Does Baylor ever have road trips?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Keep going. Eventually you will forget how badly Baylor beat a Texas team that UCONN really should have lost to.

Baylor 81
Texas 56

UCONN 75
Texas 71

Reaction Score
easttexastrash is straight up.

The girls just looked tired last night and missed a lot of layups and I drove me nuts. You can't be on every night, but sheesh!

Reaction Score
Keep going. Eventually you will forget how badly Baylor beat a Texas team that UCONN really should have lost to.

Baylor 81
Texas 56

UCONN 75
Texas 71
I think your point about the relative scores against Texas are concerning.
I think on paper this looks like a good, close competitive game.
We will know later this evening who will be eating crow.
I wonder after the outcome if you will be big enough to show back up and handle it with class either way?
So I won't be adding any trash talking to this thread just the comment "be careful what you wish for".
Bronx23

Reaction Score

Louisville 13-1 at home and 9 away. Do they ever leave home?
Oregon 13-0 at home 5-3 away 2-0 neutral Do they ever leave home?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
But of course UCONN should look fresh right now. Let's look at their last 12 opponents. Texas is the only top opponent and UCON struggled to beat them.

Depaul
Oklahoma
Duquesne
Memphis
ECU
UCF
Houston
Texas
Tulsa
Temple
Memphis
Tulane