Ohio State Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Ohio State Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
204 for Lou, 202 for Pheesa. Over 20 ppg. That's BS--Beyond Stewie!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The new girls (other than Dangerfield) must really be practicing horribly for Geno not to have any faith in them in this kind of circumstance. It's obvious based on the sloppy play and bad shooting that the team is affected by the amount of minutes they're playing. Pretty frustrating.
I can't speak to what Geno is thinking, but generally he wants to put players in when they have a chance for success. OSU is a very talented team and Molly/Kyla were very low rated kids coming out of HS. I'm not surprised he hasn't put them in since OSU's been playing with their starters or other talented players on the court most of the game. Getting Chong back will make a big difference.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Baskets in the Paint
UConn 17 (5-4-6-2)
tOSU 16 (3-5-3-5)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
First 10-game scoring record for UConn duo was 410 for Maya and Tiff. Lou and Pheesa got to 406. Oooooh!

Reaction Score
Nothing surprising. Gabby filled her sheet brilliantly; sophs were incredibly productive.
But Crystal: played 33 minutes with only 2 turnovers. Given how many minutes she'll be playing, that is a wonderful number. Not to mention her defense and her scoring efficiency. That to me is the understated promising takeaway from this game.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Nothing surprising. Gabby filled her sheet brilliantly; sophs were incredibly productive.
But Crystal: played 33 minutes with only 2 turnovers. Given how many minutes she'll be playing, that is a wonderful number. Not to mention her defense and her scoring efficiency. That to me is the understated promising takeaway from this game.

Exactly. And Butler continues to make more positive contributions. We just need Saniya to heal up, and the others to grow up (their games).

Reaction Score
Good game by her. Makes typical young mistakes. Passing needs a lot of work. Have to be patient, and all this playing time will help bring her along.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Ohio St had their chances to make a comeback in the 4th quarter. UConn players were gassed, but OSU couldn't take advantage. Kelsey Mitchell can keep you in a game, but also take you out of a game. It seems OSU doesn't know how to run offense without Kelsey taking a shot. They don't look for other players except late in the shot clock. If I was OSU, the ball would have gone into Mavunga on every possession and then pass it out to Kelsey if Mavunga wasn't in a position to score. They could have owned the low post.

Reaction Score
If Geno seemed happy at the half, he must be doing a huge happy dance at the end of the 3rd quarter... Hell of a quarter by all 6 who played!
Loved the 3rd quarter but it sure seemed like outside of Pheesa, no one had any legs in that last quarter and UConn's shooting percentage was horrid. I respect that UConn is wonderfully conditioned but they can't continue to play 38 to 40 minutes a night and not have it have some impact on them. Come on, Geno, give the other kids a chance in game conditions. How bad must they be playing in practice not to give them some opportunities to play, particularly in the latter part of the fourth quarter????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom