Oh, my lord. Cincinnati. | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Oh, my lord. Cincinnati.

Reaction Score
Most large cities in the SW are 200-400 miles apart. Nobody thinks anything of driving long distances. It's not like the NE, where it can be an ordeal to drive 50 miles. There's next to nothing between Houston and Tulsa.
very true. That's probably why they had a good turn out of fans there. This purely anecdotal from what I saw on TV at least.

pj

Reaction Score
Anyone point out that Ollie (7) had more wins in the tournament than Mick has (6)?

Give Mick a break, he's only played 17 tourney games (11 tourneys).

Reaction Score
Houston is a 3 seed this year. Cincinnati was a 2 last year. If you win in this league, you can get a decent seed. And the depth in the league is getting better. So yes I think we can.
For years, Memphis was a Final Four threat in a much worse league than this.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Mick Cronin is single handidly responsible for Nevada being a preseason top 10 team.
Nevada had a great year. I didn't agree with their rankings during the year. However, they had no business beating the Bearcats. I picked Cincy to win and never gave it a second thought. But then, we lose both games by a hair.We win those games, Cincy probably doesn't go to the dance.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
lol lil micky aint goin no where and ill continue to watch less and less games each year. probably only watched maybe 4-5 games start to finish. total apathy.

what a shame lmao. our fans really showed up today too and we lost to a not great team.

13 point lead this year, 22 last year, hmmm wonder whats in store next year.

He was given two home games and still loss. I didn't watch your game this year, but I did watch last year, and he panicked. He was scared, he looked scared, he acted scared, and your team played scared down the stretch. I'm not sure I've seen anything like that in the past. I'm not sure he can change that.

I had the Bearcats making a run in the dance a few times, especially last year, but not anymore. I played them exit early this season.

Do coaches like him get fired? Ask Jamie Dixon or Rick Barnes

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Half this board thinks that regular season success and consistent NCAA tournament appearances are preferable to inconsistent seasons and occasional National Championships.
No. But half the board thinks regular season success and consistent NCAA tournament appearances are preferable to multiple losing seasons in a row, losing to the likes of Wagner, setting a record for 20 point losses, and not even getting a sniff of the NIT never mind the NCAA tournament. But I understand your position Kevin.

Reaction Score
Sure. Why not? If Gonzaga can do it from the WCC and Nova can do it in the Catholic 7, why not UConn from the AAC? We have more history and prestige than either of those programs. If Butler, VCU, and Wichita State can all reach the Final Four from lesser conferences, there's no reason a good coach and some good recruits can't get us back there.

Of course. Houston has been pretty dominant in its games and UCF really should have won. I mean they had 2 shots that rimmed out.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No. But half the board thinks regular season success and consistent NCAA tournament appearances are preferable to multiple losing seasons in a row, losing to the likes of Wagner, setting a record for 20 point losses, and not even getting a sniff of the NIT never mind the NCAA tournament. But I understand your position Kevin.
Lolz. Almost seven years later and you are still melting about having your Herb Sendek prediction rammed down your throat like a sandwich. Man, that must have tasted pretty bad.

And now here you are wishing we had a Herb Sendek clone instead. The irony is delicious.

Keep being you, scooter. It is so damned entertaining.

Reaction Score
I think the AAC has acquitted itself well in this tourney considering the seeds. No 30 point losses like the Catholic league.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
God, Pittsburgh had some good tuff teams back then. God , the big east was so good. Wow , how great it used to be. Sorry was just thinking that.

I expect Dan Hurley to get UConn back on top of their conference. Until then...

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I've seen anything like that in the past.
It is rare for a meltdown like the one cincy had to occur BUT N. Iowa did blow a 12 point lead in 35 seconds a few years back.
How UNI managed the biggest collapse of all time

Iowa came incredibly close to closing a 25 point gap against a vastly superior team, especially athletically superior just a few days ago but fell short in OT. What could have been.

Finally,

"....which teams have led by eight points or more with 60 seconds or less in college basketball and lost? Here's what we've come up with.":

Classic collapses in recent college basketball history

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom