Official UCONN vs BYU Prediction Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs BYU Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Regardless of who goes on to win, I just hope we don't see any serious injuries on players from either team.

Your mascot isnt coming - is it?[/QUOTE]
Of course Cosmo will be there, and he's really developed a taste for dog meat.
;-)

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Your mascot isnt coming - is it?
;-)[/QUOTE]
Uh oh -

Reaction Score
Expect closer to 10-12K. That's what BYU got to show up to UVA last year. I doubt most bought their tix through BYU.

Reaction Score
Expect closer to 10-12K. That's what BYU got to show up to UVA last year. I doubt most bought their tix through BYU.
As one who attends all BYU road games east of the Mississippi. 11,000 is my estimate for the Uva game. I expect less at the Rent anywhere from 5000 to 9000. The last tickets I bought through BYU were in 1982 for Georgia. This will be true for most of our fans. There will be a large contingent with the alumni tailgate purchased separately from the BYU allotment.

BYU 27 UConn 16

Bonehead

Reaction Score
As one who attends all BYU road games east of the Mississippi. 11,000 is my estimate for the Uva game. I expect less at the Rent anywhere from 5000 to 9000. The last tickets I bought through BYU were in 1982 for Georgia. This will be true for most of our fans. There will be a large contingent with the alumni tailgate purchased separately from the BYU allotment.

BYU 27 UConn 16
9000. Wow. I would be impressed. That would be over 20% of capacity.

Reaction Score
9000. Wow. I would be impressed. That would be over 20% of capacity.
That would impress me too. Note I said 5000 to 9000. Don't know that Labor Day weekend helps with either fanbase. See ya Friday!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

BYU 27 UConn 16
Impossible!!! That's not allowed. A fan in support of a particular school must buy their tickets to neutral site and away games threw said school.

That's what the 5CSMA kept saying and precisely why UConn "didn't travel well" to Glendale Arizona for New Years Day in 2011. 13,729 UConn fans must have snuck into University of Phoenix Stadium, because the Fiesta Bowl reported only 1,271 tickets sold.

Reaction Score
ap324429142285.jpg

I predict the football equivalent of 11-9-2012. Most people had low expectations and hoped UCONN and KO would not embarrass themselves too badly in his coaching debut on national TV.

I expect a similar scene after HCBD and the hungry football huskies debut on Fri.

Reaction Score
New year. New attitude. Husky Pride on the rise. 31-24 UConn. Defense comes up with big stops in the 4th.

Reaction Score
ap324429142285.jpg

I predict the football equivalent of 11-9-2012. Most people had low expectations and hoped UCONN and KO would not embarrass themselves too badly in his coaching debut on national TV.

I expect a similar scene after HCBD and the hungry football huskies debut on Fri.

As I have posted before, don't underestimate the coaching staff's knowlege of Taysom Hill in games that ND and VA had with them. As best they can, the staff will devise a game plan to limit Hill's effectiveness. Don't believe they will shut him down completely but containing him and not letting him take over the game is a key to our upset victory 31-20. I had said 24-20 but had visisions of Geremy Davis and Arkeel Newsome spinning in my head last night!

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/58344463-65/byu-diaco-football-games.html.csp

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I do have to admit, not to be a downer (which I know this is going to sound like), but if we only have 31K in the stands, I can see this deflating our guys a touch. We'll see because nobody really knows how many tickets have been sold or not. But mostly empty second deck seating can't be anything but deflating to our guys who have worked SO hard this offseason.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
I predict one of the best UConn FB/Rent environments ever!

New Coach
New Attitude
New Beginning

US 20 Them 19 (late TD throw by Cochran after BYU blitzing LB trips over CC mullet)

EDIT - US 20 Them 19 (Defense holds off late Cougar drive when glare of stadium lights off of empty bleachers blinds BYU QB and throws late pick to B Jones) :)

We use any and all advantages to turn this thing around.

GO TEAM!!

Reaction Score
BYU 27
UConn 17

We cover the spread but still get beat.

Reaction Score
I do have to admit, not to be a downer (which I know this is going to sound like), but if we only have 31K in the stands, I can see this deflating our guys a touch. We'll see because nobody really knows how many tickets have been sold or not. But mostly empty second deck seating can't be anything but deflating to our guys who have worked SO hard this offseason.

If that's the case I hope they get over it quickly and focus on playing hard for the people who did spend their hard earned money to come cheer them on.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If that's the case I hope they get over it quickly and focus on playing hard for the people who did spend their hard earned money to come cheer them on.

While I agree with you, you're applying professional athlete logic to a group of 18-22 year old kids. College football and basketball, as we all know, is fueled from emotion and fire. College venues, for the most part, are far more energetic than professional venues and the players feed off of that energy. Now imagine that you're a player getting your equipment on, getting ready to burst through that tunnel and when you do you see...a 1/2 empty stadium. Now I know that the players should only worry about what is happening on the field but seeing a sea of empty seats has to be deflating to a college kid who has busted his tail off all offseason in Coach Balis' S&C program and in Spring/Summer camps.

There are plenty of downtimes during games with TV timeouts, game timeouts and the like. Plenty of opportunity for an excited kid to look up into the stands for his family/friends and see far too much bleachers.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Nervously... 27-24, UConn.

Our defense was able to stop Michigan for most of the game, and a VERY mobile Devon Gardner... An improved, motivated, and more fit UConn defense under Diaco (who has played and beaten this very same BYU squad last year in South Bend), might be able to stop Taysom Hill and the powerful BYU offense. We need to see a new and improved Casey Cochren come out tomorrow night to get this done... and a stout O-Line (which I know is very shakey) to block for Max DeLorenzo. I expect to be biting my fingernails in the 4th quarter up in Sec. 218.

Reaction Score
While I agree with you, you're applying professional athlete logic to a group of 18-22 year old kids. College football and basketball, as we all know, is fueled from emotion and fire. College venues, for the most part, are far more energetic than professional venues and the players feed off of that energy. Now imagine that you're a player getting your equipment on, getting ready to burst through that tunnel and when you do you see...a 1/2 empty stadium. Now I know that the players should only worry about what is happening on the field but seeing a sea of empty seats has to be deflating to a college kid who has busted his tail off all offseason in Coach Balis' S&C program and in Spring/Summer camps.

There are plenty of downtimes during games with TV timeouts, game timeouts and the like. Plenty of opportunity for an excited kid to look up into the stands for his family/friends and see far too much bleachers.
By even the most conservative estimates the stadium will be >75% full. I don't know how many schools went 3-9 last year and are expecting 31,000+ fans to attend their opener, but I'm willing to bet there aren't many. These kids know the state of our program and know that they have their work cut out for them to bring fans back to the Rent. They also have the same data we do as far as ticket sales, so they should know well ahead of time that some empty seats are likely.

Reaction Score
Your mascot isnt coming - is it?
;-)[/QUOTE]

Tell your mascot to be careful around stairs. (there was an . . . ."incident" once. )

As for the game, UConn in a shocker 30-28.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom