Official UCONN vs BYU Prediction Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official UCONN vs BYU Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think I can speak for most all BYU fans in that this game really shouldn't be close. I'm not sure what you guys are returning from last year, but didn't you have a pretty poor team?

This BYU team is loaded with NFL talent. As BYU fans we just don't see how that doesn't translate to a big win on Friday.

BYU 38, Uconn 6

This is probably going to be an undefeated, SPECIAL, year for BYU.

If you base your expectations on last years team, then BYU is in for a rude awakening.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
My head says BYU 31, UConn 17; but my heart says UConn 27, BYU 24. Emotion, pride, guts, and a rowdy Rent crowd help the Huskies prevail. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
I predict to hit some labor day traffic. Get a good buzz and come home hoarse.
36K in the stands, including 5K BYU fans.
TD's by Foxx, Marriner, Davis, Meyers & Newsome lead us to a 38-27 vicory.

Reaction Score
I predict to hit some labor day traffic. Get a good buzz and come home hoarse.
36K in the stands, including 5K BYU fans.
TD's by Foxx, Marriner, Davis, Meyers & Newsome lead us to a 38-27 vicory.

BYU returned tickets. They'll have maybe 3,500 there.

Reaction Score
BYU grinds it out for a 20-16 win. Three fgs by Puyol and 2 defensive turnovers for our cause. Offense sputters in first half but improves in second. Not enough but a very close game.

I am very concerned about how our special teams will play. There is little previous work to use as a predictor.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
UCONN will cover the +17. That's the play of the weekend - you degenerates out there won't find a tastier homedog line.

As for the game, I've long thought that UCONN would keep it close throughout, then BYU would pull away late. With all of their suspensions and injuries, now I have optimism that we can pull it out. Two weeks ago I would have said BYU 30-27. Now, I really have no idea.

Can UCONN contain Hill to stay in the pocket and throw?

Does BYU have enough able bodies to catch said throws?

I'm going to guess that UCONN is going to concentrate on stuffing the run. Make Hill throw and hope the backup WRs run a poor route or have a few key drops. On offense, I'm thinking ball control, ball control, ball control. We've heard Max will get 20+ carries and other backs will get around 5. To me, that means ball control. And what better way for our OL to start the year than to play physical run block as opposed to back pedal pass block!

I think I've now talked myself into UCONN winning the game outright. 27-21.

Reaction Score
The Diaco era starts. Its inauspicious, as BYU takes it's opening drive down the field and Hill runs in from about 10 yards for 6. But, BYU's only other score is a field goal before the half and UCONN goes in at half time down only 10-3.

The Rent is a rock'in in the second half. A sweep to Foxx nets 7 and Cochran to Davis for another 7. Huge fumble recovery deep in Cougar territory, McBride I think, leads to yet another TD. The D is stout allowing another 10 in the second half. Obi ends BYU's last attempt with an INT.

Huge upset and football is back at UCONN Nation. Dogs 24-20.

First the Catholic School

and now we beat down the Mormon School 24-20

Reaction Score
The Diaco era starts. Its inauspicious, as BYU takes it's opening drive down the field and Hill runs in from about 10 yards for 6. But, BYU's only other score is a field goal before the half and UCONN goes in at half time down only 10-3.

The Rent is a rock'in in the second half. A sweep to Foxx nets 7 and Cochran to Davis for another 7. Huge fumble recovery deep in Cougar territory, McBride I think, leads to yet another TD. The D is stout allowing another 10 in the second half. Obi ends BYU's last attempt with an INT.

Huge upset and football is back at UCONN Nation. Dogs 24-20.
BYU 37 UCONN 10 Sorry guys, this isn't basketball

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
So a post on a message board means that BYU will beat up on UConn? I don't get it.

I don't want to smear him on his way out, but Lyle McCombs has not been a playmaker since 2011, his freshman year. He is a 175lb. back who UConn's former coaching staffs leaned on like he was Bo Jackson. In his defense he took the rock whenever his name was called, but last year he would literal fall on first contact and for the last two years UConn averaged 85 rushing yards per game, with him in the catbird's seat. 85 yards does not a playmaker define (unless you are talking about the Arena League).

There is a professional reporter in Utah (I assume out of Greater Provo) who published a report in which he stated that UConn has a new Offensive coordinator named T.J. Weist. Coach Weist was new last year and isn't on staff anymore. UConn has an entirely new football staff, save for offensive line coach. I know the Mormon community is extremely close knit, but they aren't closed off from the modern world. I'm surprised that, in the age of the Information Super World Inter-Wide-net-web (or as you probably call it, "Prodigy"), this slipped by the fact checkers. You're online. That "reporter's" story is on-line. It only take a moment to look at an opponents roster or to figure out that Coach Weist was promoted to head coach on September 30 to finish out the season. A lot of what I'm reading gives me the impression that BYU is not game planning for UConn. Whether they are or not (I'd have to believe they are), they'd be best served to take UConn a tad more seriously.

There is a lot of misinformation coming out of Provo right now. You'd really be best serve not to promote its spread.

I thought you were different, Pete, but now I must consider you a troll. This will be the last time I address you personally.

Reaction Score
34-24 Byu! I think Whitmer will throw a pick 6 to the 6"8 lb, in the 4th quarter to seal the deal. Playing a TO prone qb will be the first big mistake for HCBD. He'll learn quickly, hopefully the whole playing Whitmer alot, was just for gamemanship and forces Byu to game plan for both. Should be a good game, lots of energy and fun atmosphere at the the Rent.

Reaction Score
34-24 Byu! I think Whitmer will throw a pick 6 to the 6"8 lb, in the 4th quarter to seal the deal. Playing a TO prone qb will be the first big mistake for HCBD. He'll learn quickly, hopefully the whole playing Whitmer alot, was just for gamemanship and forces Byu to game plan for both. Should be a good game, lots of energy and fun atmosphere at the the Rent.
Uh, Cochran is the starter. Do you know something we dont know?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I think he is referring to Diaco's statement that Whitmer will be used "a lot" despite not being the starter.

Reaction Score
19-17 UCONN

BYU goes back to Provo with its tail between its legs with all of Cougarboard calling for Bronco to be fired.

Mark it down. UCONN will win this game. I know BYU better than anyone.

Reaction Score
I think the offense will struggle still, but we will continue to run the ball, three yards and a cloud of dust. This does allow us to hold on the ball, and manage the game. This will turn the game into a field position contest and special teams will decide the outcome. I hate to pick against the home team.... so I wont. Final score 16-13 U...C....O....N....N UCONN UCONN UCONN!!!!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
BYU 37 UCONN 10 Sorry guys, this isn't basketball

That's a nutty comment. No it's football, and you are playing a team that went to a BCS bowl the last time it had a decent coach. This "basketball school" has 20 alumni in the NFL, BYU has 9. So which is the football school? Please remove the blinders some of you seem to have.

Prediction: surprises will abound. BYU 24, UConn 20 or UConn 20, BYU 16. Anybody who knows what to expect is smoking something legal in Colorado.

Reaction Score
I think I can speak for most all BYU fans in that this game really shouldn't be close. I'm not sure what you guys are returning from last year, but didn't you have a pretty poor team?

This BYU team is loaded with NFL talent. As BYU fans we just don't see how that doesn't translate to a big win on Friday.

BYU 38, Uconn 6

This is probably going to be an undefeated, SPECIAL, year for BYU.
This guy is not a BYU fan he is a Utah/Utah State troll

Reaction Score
No, you're not sure what we are returning from last year, and more importantly, what we AREN'T returning. That's why you're in for a rude awakening.

UConn wins this game because BYU players aren't used to playing on Fridays or Sundays, only Saturdays.
BYU plays most of their home games on Friday night on ESPN due to their independent tv contract. At least they did last year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm already on record as saying that UConn will beat BYU by 4 scores, and I see no reason to change now. I'm rooting for a four-touchdown win instead of a four-safety win, but either way...

Reaction Score
BYU plays most of their home games on Friday night on ESPN due to their independent tv contract. At least they did last year.

Oy.

In another thread one of their fans said their players don't get drafted more often because they aren't used to playing on Sundays.

Unlike that poster, I was joking.

Reaction Score
Oy.

In another thread one of their fans said their players don't get drafted more often because they aren't used to playing on Sundays.

Unlike that poster, I was joking.
Ahhhhh...didn't catch that one.

Reaction Score
First game of the season always has me nervous, not as bad as last year when we had a new qb learning a brand new offense but BluePete doesn't speak for me, I'm sure BYU wins, but UConn covers the spread. The score 27 - 21 keeps rolling around in my head. I think UConn scores late to get to that score and BYU runs the clock out.

Regardless of who goes on to win, I just hope we don't see any serious injuries on players from either team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom