Official NLI thread | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SMU people do not tailgate, they have someone cater a dinner :)
But I promise that I will have a tailgate party at my place with tritip and we will get a driver so you can drink all you want. It is 20 minutes to SMU so that will give us enough time to practice walking a straight line till we get through the gate. Did you know that at LSU they brew their own beer and then sell it at the games? 80,000 cajuns and selling beer to them :) I don't know if we can match that, but we can give it a shot.

But this is a line for the recruits and one thing does ring true in all the posts, too much has been made about Richard and not enough about the great group,of kids coming in. I was very impressed with the number of recruits that tweeted Richard offering support yesterday afternoon and through the night. Every Wednesday my wife and I leave the kids behind and go have a date night and I made Richard come because he was so distraught and he was getting tweets from the recruits. And yes, he was still running a fever but I made him come anyway because he was feeling better. Sorry, I know that will get jumped on :)
Catering a dinner. Lol. Man they are missing out. Tri tip sounds good. Never had it. How is it prepared? Do you smoke it have your own cattle? Sounds fun.
You are actually talking to a home brewer. I think there are a few if us on the board that home brew. I can brew up a mean ale that's ready to drink in only 4-6 weeks. I would brew up a few corny kegs if a nice new england style ale. and bring them over and show the smu folk how to keg stand. If I can only get it in the plane. Have u ever done a keg stand? It's our version of riding a bull.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
It's over.

Apparently not...Have you been following this? It's like a 7-car pile up. You just can't help but to rubberneck!!!!!

Reaction Score
In the future, parents of recruits probably shouldn't post, not because there is something inherently wrong with it, or because they are incapable of communicating with us (though we had an incident on the basketball side a while back) but because there are so many posters on these boards and at least a few of them are not going to be able to maintain the level of discourse. For that reason alone, it's probably not wise.

Reaction Score
Catering a dinner. Lol. Man they are missing out. Tri tip sounds good. Never had it. How is it prepared? Do you smoke it have your own cattle? Sounds fun.
You are actually talking to a home brewer. I think there are a few if us on the board that home brew. I can brew up a mean ale that's ready to drink in only 4-6 weeks. I would brew up a few corny kegs if a nice new england style ale. and bring them over and show the smu folk how to keg stand. If I can only get it in the plane. Have u ever done a keg stand? It's our version of riding a bull.
Lol. No we do not get a giant stick and smoke a whole cow. But I did own cattle until a few years ago and one of my kids goes to Colorado State University and she is on the cattle judging team that travels around the country judging cattle at shows. They are at the Fort Worth rodeo right now and I am trying to get over there to see her.

Tritip is seasoned over night and then placed in a smoker at 245 for about three hours and it is then done. If done correctly it is very tender. I have butchered it a few times. One time I had five of the LSU linemen come to my house with the QB and I tried to feed them tritip and ran out and did not get any myself. Do not ever have linemen for dinner. I will feed a tailgate party, no linemen will ever be invited. :)

Never tried to brew ale because I have been afraid I would end up poisoning myself. There are a few here that will probably encourage it now. I will try yours, you would not want me to try.

Reaction Score
They are at the Fort Worth rodeo right now and I am trying to get over there to see her.

If I recall correctly, the rodeo arena is walking distance from Garcia's. Which is reason enough to head over there.

Reaction Score
You do realize that if I ever get invited to a tailgate party I will need a food taster to make sure it is not poisoned? :) i know you are right and I honestly thought the bantering was good fun....until it crossed the line of attacking Richard. He is not up yet, but my guess is he is still 18 and I have stayed out of this with him because if you are going to grow you need to take the steps. This process is a good learning opportunity. He does now feel lied to, but not by any current coaches and with this being a dead period we were told there can not be any contact until tomorrow.

You may have been told this, but the parents of the players have a great tailgate going (both road and home) and have built a solid community that is passed down from class to class. Hope to see you there...

Reaction Score
If I recall correctly, the rodeo arena is walking distance from Garcia's. Which is reason enough to head over there.
Damn, you have done your time in this area. Hope you missed the summer. I have tried to leave every year for 40 years and it is always in July.

Reaction Score
He answered this on another thread. Something about it being it being a Great Great...Great Grandfather of his...
Had a relative ride with Lamar in the Texas fight for Independence and the new country had no money so they gave land. One of his tracts was here in what is now Dallas and his son, Richard Lagow, gave away most of the land so Dallas could grow. he also started the first public school and gave the land. That school started the DISD and they named a school after him.

On a lighter note.....perhaps because of the legacy, every Lagow I know has a problem not believing they can win every fight. Good for sports, good for business, not so good for people interaction :)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i tried my hardest to take this thread else where or just kill it. chesus christ. until the kid signs a loi to uconn or elsewhere(whatevers best for him, i hope he picks uconn still) this whole convo should not be happening. mark emmey in the ncaa is reading this planning 2 more years of probation for our basketball team right now printing this out page by page. hell he already jacked off twice to the picture i posted and hes been trying to delivery that rap right all morning. this thread needs to go away like gdl needs to go away. at this point i'm pretty upset with myself that i can't come up with a more entertaining way of killing the thread. i mean i moaned about things and then posted a picture of a animal frucking the crap out of another with like a 4 foot dong. yeeeesh

Reaction Score
i tried my hardest to take this thread else where or just kill it. chesus christ. until the kid signs a loi to uconn or elsewhere(whatevers best for him, i hope he picks uconn still) this whole convo should not be happening. mark emmey in the ncaa is reading this planning 2 more years of probation for our basketball team right now printing this out page by page. hell he already jacked off twice to the picture i posted and hes been trying to delivery that rap right all morning. this thread needs to go away like gdl needs to go away. at this point i'm pretty upset with myself that i can't come up with a more entertaining way of killing the thread. i mean i moaned about things and then posted a picture of a animal frucking the crap out of another with like a 4 foot dong. yeeeesh

If this doesn't kill the thread.....I don't know what will

pj

Reaction Score

We better not find out that animal frucking with 4 foot dongs is a violation. If Emmert comes after us for that, the HuskyfanDan - Warde Manuel reconciliation is going to be even harder to pull off.

Reaction Score
I am sure Mark Emmert will take the time out to blast you publically too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Holy crap. Just finished wading through the rest of this, and definitely need a place to wipe my boots.

We had a good class. Glad to see it. We had to take Boyle. Period. Richard Lagow has 19 more days to decide to come to UConn, and anyone who doesn't want him to do that has a screw loose. Any assumptions from us about UConn "moving on" is uninformed conjecture. What I see is that UConn took Taylor as a hedge against losing Lagow, knowing it could move him to another position if needed. Pretty obvious and intelligent move in my view, once Lagow's LOI didn't come in.

Is he sick? Is he just biding his time and re-evaluating? It doesn't matter. He's completely entitled to reconsider his situation and see what other offers may be out there. He probably is sick, and yes, even though he is, if he was 100% sold on coming to UConn he would have signed and had his dad fax it in. I don't think Mr. Lagow has suggested otherwise. Richard is clearly reconsidering, and being sick provides him a little cover. Why is that a big deal? We have blown this way out of proportion.

UConn didn't blow it. Lagow didn't blow it. Nothing has been screwed up.

Reaction Score
To bring it back to those who have committed two nice mentions in NYC area papers. In New York Post article which was more about Syracuse recruiting failures in NYC this year declared UConn the big NYC winners with the three NYC recruits Stapleton, Fuchs and Fatusaki. Also NY Journal News the Gannett paper that covers Northern NY suburbs frontpage two top stories are articles about two future Huskies, Saniya Chong breaking a scoring record and Hopkins signing. Guess they will need new signs in Yankee Satadium declaring who is New York's team.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...ity_rbs_spurn_syracuse_PNWXK8tKVrjCu6OISNmHbJ
http://www.lohud.com/section/SPORTS

Reaction Score
"UConn was the big winner, landing Poly Prep’s Cameron Stapleton, Christ the King’s Jordan Fuchs and Beach Channel’s Folorunso Fatukasi." Hell yeah!!!

geoffrey.gif

Reaction Score
The offer to Kivon Taylor is actually a very smart recruiting move.

If Lagow doesn't sign - Minimum - UConn gets a servicable, athletic and smart (interest from Ivy League) dual threat QB that can provide a safety net for depth at QB and also provide an important scout team QB for prep against dual threat offenses. Wiest will then go after his own QB for 2014 and UConn will be comfortable just taking 1 next year.

Maximum - he could develop into a decent weapon at QB and challenge the pro-style crew of Cochran, Boyle and Lagow.

If Lagow does sign - UConn you have a smart, athletic 6'5" 200 lb kid who could make a difference at either WR or safety and who can still act as the scout team dual threat QB when needed. Most importantly, I am sure this was all explained to Taylor before his signing and he knows exactly what he is getting into at UConn. He got a full scholly and is likey walking on air today.

The Taylor move is much smarter an better planned than the Casey Turner signing a few years ago. Turner was a late QB depth signing when Dennis Brown transferred. Turner was a one-dimentional passing QB who really had no chance at the BCS level and it was a waste of a scholly.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I really wish you would stop writing around here, it's in the player's best interest. Really.

STFU. Not one more word.

You're too duck*ing stupid to be dispensing advice.

I wasn't kidding about this thread - some people need to knock it off or they just won't be here anymore. And this isn't an invitation to a debate, so don't start one.

Clear enough?

Reaction Score
The offer to Kivon Taylor is actually a very smart recruiting move.

If Lagow doesn't sign - Minimum - UConn gets a servicable, athletic and smart (interest from Ivy League) dual threat QB that can provide a safety net for depth at QB and also provide an important scout team QB for prep against dual threat offenses. Wiest will then go after his own QB for 2014 and UConn will be comfortable just taking 1 next year.

Maximum - he could develop into a decent weapon at QB and challenge the pro-style crew of Cochran, Boyle and Lagow.

If Lagow does sign - UConn you have a smart, athletic 6'5" 200 lb kid who could make a difference at either WR or safety and who can still act as the scout team dual threat QB when needed. Most importantly, I am sure this was all explained to Taylor before his signing and he knows exactly what he is getting into at UConn. He got a full scholly and is likey walking on air today.

The Taylor move is much smarter an better planned than the Casey Turner signing a few years ago. Turner was a late QB depth signing when Dennis Brown transferred. Turner was a one-dimentional passing QB who really had no chance at the BCS level and it was a waste of a scholly.
I agree I am thinki g Taylor has wildcat written all over it.

pj

Reaction Score

I hope not I don't like having two distinct offenses with different personnel. Have one offense with multiple looks and get good at it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
To bring it back to those who have committed two nice mentions in NYC area papers. In New York Post article which was more about Syracuse recruiting failures in NYC this year declared UConn the big NYC winners with the three NYC recruits Stapleton, Fuchs and Fatusaki.Also NY Journal News the Gannett paper that covers Northern NY suburbs frontpage two top stories are articles about two future Huskies, Saniya Chong breaking a scoring record and Hopkins signing. Guess they will need new signs in Yankee Satadium declaring who is New York's team.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/coll...ity_rbs_spurn_syracuse_PNWXK8tKVrjCu6OISNmHbJ
http://www.lohud.com/section/SPORTS[/quote]

exactly. rutgers doesn't cross the water and cuse dont fly south. we be NYC!!!!!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think nothing screams, "We don't have a bona fide offense. It's all a gimmick!!!" louder than the Wildcat formation.

Reaction Score
Holy crap. Just finished wading through the rest of this, and definitely need a place to wipe my boots.

We had a good class. Glad to see it. We had to take Boyle. Period. Richard Lagow has 19 more days to decide to come to UConn, and anyone who doesn't want him to do that has a screw loose. Any assumptions from us about UConn "moving on" is uninformed conjecture. What I see is that UConn took Taylor as a hedge against losing Lagow, knowing it could move him to another position if needed. Pretty obvious and intelligent move in my view, once Lagow's LOI didn't come in.

Is he sick? Is he just biding his time and re-evaluating? It doesn't matter. He's completely entitled to reconsider his situation and see what other offers may be out there. He probably is sick, and yes, even though he is, if he was 100% sold on coming to UConn he would have signed and had his dad fax it in. I don't think Mr. Lagow has suggested otherwise. Richard is clearly reconsidering, and being sick provides him a little cover. Why is that a big deal? We have blown this way out of proportion.

UConn didn't blow it. Lagow didn't blow it. Nothing has been screwed up.
I think that's a pretty good summary. Early on UConn was looking for a quarterback and went after Lagow and Boyle, probably as 1 and 1A with a couple of backups too. I think it has been clear for some time that they were looking to bring in a couple this year in an effort to upgrade a position which has been, to put it nicely, somewhat below what one would hope for. When Boyle chose BC, Lagow became the top quarterback recruit. Most likely Taylor and a couple of others were always in the mix. When things changed for Boyle at BC, UConn re-entered the mix and he committed here too. My hunch is that UConn never expected to have both Lagow and Boyle until maybe a couple of weeks ago, but they did in fact want to bring in 2 at the position. Hence the brief attempt to land the Cincy cast off, too. Taylor was probably one of a couple of guys they were expecting to take as #2. And I doubt Lagow would have cared if we took Taylor. He cared that we took Boyle. to put it more simply, UConn's original plan was Either Boyle or Lagow and Taylor (or someone like Taylor). But when a quarterback of Boyle's calibre comes back on the market, you have to take him regardless of who else you have "signed up." Had the shoe been on the other foot, and Boyle committed to UConn and Lagow to Texas Tech, then Lagow left Texas Tech and come to UConn, we'd have done exactly the same thing. End of the day we were always going to have at least 2 quarterbacks. The only real question is who they would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom