Official NLI thread | Page 35 | The Boneyard

Official NLI thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
guys the wildcat is dead either this fall or this winter. either tjw kills it or p doesn't let him. if p doesn't let him then p and gdl are still running the O which means they are fired or i commit suicide. the wildcat is dead.

Reaction Score
Seriously, though, you know how much I was hoping we would land Chasz Wright to go along with Schafenacker and Hopkins in our recruiting conversations. I'm really glad that we landed him too. I always feel like three solid OL's every recruiting year will lead to good things, and less than that will lead to "less-than-good" things. Remember the three star product out of Chicago, McKee? High hopes for that kid, and then the disgusting story that led to his getting kicked out. Also, when we lost Joe Akers at center due to the neck injuries and Jimmy Bennett was snake-bitten for the longest time (although I heard today he got approved for the sixth year!). To me, OL health and depth is always the key to a successful team...

You also need a good defenseman who can drop the gloves if necessary.

Reaction Score
I'll just send my thoughts to excaliber and he can post them in such fashion that doesn't offend anyone's sensibilities.

You may want to consider it. It would beat coming off as a complete bag every time your fingers hit the keyboard.

Reaction Score
I guess this is a misquote from yesterday's interview. He's not asking for other offers. Do you seriously believe what you post?

“I’m not sure exactly where I’ll be signing,” Lagow said. “I’m not sure when it will be. I’m not saying I won’t be signing with UCONN but I’m looking at all options. Anybody that wants to talk to me and wants to recruit me, I’ll be open to them and listen to what they have to say.”

It took me awhile to realize that while I had issues with how this was handled, nobody's perfect and people screw up. But more importantly that just because I wanted to know all the details I really didn't need to know all the details or to prove I could have done it better.

You can argue all day long and then walk away and let the program and it's recruits deal with the collateral damage of your self-righteous glory. But it's pretty selfish to put your ego above the future of young men who are making a huge decision under difficult circumstances. I agree with some of your points but who's right and who's wrong got lost long ago in the fog of your little war in this thread. But why stop now? Maybe someone wil cry Uncle and you can claim victory. It's just that nobody wins a war that never needed to be fought.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Syracuse buys signs...Uconn just wins NYC. That was the message of the articles! ;)
Agreed, but we need to have more articles written about us as the tagline. The articles was really about how 'Cuse sucks and then they threw that UConn winning winners line in at the end.

We need more pub!

Reaction Score
Agreed, but we need to have more articles written about us as the tagline. The articles was really about how 'Cuse sucks and then they threw that UConn winning winners line in at the end.

We need more pub!

Agreed, but we have the foothold in NYC that comes with success. We didn't have to rely on a contrived sign proclaiming we were "New York's Team." We just went out and were NY's team...I'm just happy that the sign cost them money to say something that is shown to be false.

Reaction Score
I agree I am thinki g Taylor has wildcat written all over it.
I think he has Spread Option written all over him. Our new OC may actually be smart enough to see what our previous OC and Head Coach don't....the Spread (multiple receiver sets) is the way to go unless you can recruit like Bama, LSU, or USC

This young man is tall, mobile, smart, with a cannon for an arm. Think a poor man's RGIII or Cam Newton

Reaction Score
I think he has Spread Option written all over him. Our new OC may actually be smart enough to see what our previous OC and Head Coach don't....the Spread (multiple receiver sets) is the way to go unless you can recruit like Bama, LSU, or USC

This young man is tall, mobile, smart, with a cannon for an arm. Think a poor man's RGIII or Cam Newton

I'm sure he is a fine young man, and I hope he has an outstanding career in Storrs, but am I the only one cringing because a young man who apparently had no other offers is being compared to Cam Newton and RGIII?

Reaction Score
I'm sure he is a fine young man, and I hope he has an outstanding career in Storrs, but am I the only one cringing because a young man who apparently had no other offers is being compared to Cam Newton and RGIII?

Hence the qualifyer "poor man's"........

Reaction Score
The man speaks the truth about a tri-tip. They're hard as hell to find here because they just don't cut the meat like that here. Traditionally right on about the cooking, too. You want to slow cook it for much longer but that's a mistake. 3 hours and it's pure gold. Us northerners... Northern Ct, that is can get them from Arnold's meats in Longmeadow or Chicopee. Actually the Longmeadow store can get them from the Chicopee store. I do a fair amount of smoking in the summer months. Dammit! Now I'm even more pissed its winter. No football, no smoking! When you make it up for a game, I'll show you how a Californian can make some BBQ.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The man speaks the truth about a tri-tip. They're hard as hell to find here because they just don't cut the meat like that here. Traditionally right on about the cooking, too. You want to slow cook it for much longer but that's a mistake. 3 hours and it's pure gold. Us northerners... Northern Ct, that is can get them from Arnold's meats in Longmeadow or Chicopee. Actually the Longmeadow store can get them from the Chicopee store. I do a fair amount of smoking in the summer months. Dammit! Now I'm even more pissed its winter. No football, no smoking! When you make it up for a game, I'll show you how a Californian can make some BBQ.

Set up takes about 15 minutes (on the outside of the range. My guys and I can do it in under 10 from parking to grill fire.), Getting the smoker up to temp takes about 10, smoking the meat takes up to 3 hours, breakdown takes another 15 minutes. Standing in line for the free security feel-up at the gate takes about 17 minutes. I've been to my fair share of pig roasts and actual Barbeque parties and 3 minutes is nowhere near the requisite time to achieve full ambrosia enjoyment.

Reaction Score
Set up takes about 15 minutes (on the outside of the range. My guys and I can do it in under 10 from parking to grill fire.), Getting the smoker up to temp takes about 10, smoking the meat takes up to 3 hours, breakdown takes another 15 minutes. Standing in line for the free security feel-up at the gate takes about 17 minutes. I've been to my fair share of pig roasts and actual Barbeque parties and 3 minutes is nowhere near the requisite time to achieve full ambrosia enjoyment.

I agree they really need to expand the tailgating hours. This 4 hour is bush league.

Reaction Score
Almost a half hour since the last post! Is this finally dying? Yes, but only until tomorrow morning, somewhere around 8am in Texas. :)

Reaction Score
An early announcement would be nice. Before we all lose power from this biatch snow storm.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Just prepare it before hand then bring it to the tailgat keep it warm on the grill.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

RGIII wasn't exactly a sought after recruit. I think Baylor was the only BCS school after him and was going to go to Houston until the Houston coach got hired by Baylor.

Not saying that we have the next RGIII just that you never know with a great athlete without much experience.

Reaction Score
Kivon Taylor during his signing day ceremony at his Atlanta HS said he was committing to UConn University. Richard?!?!? Get here and pump our school like you have been please!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Kivon Taylor during his signing day ceremony at his Atlanta HS said he was committing to UConn University. Richard?!?!? Get here and pump our school like you have been please!

but people here say we dont have a brand crisis.....when bad things happen in ct like sandy hook or storms, ppl on social media say uconn instead of ct or connecticut becuase they can't understand the difference or what uconn stands for. thats 100% our fault as a school not figuring out of to let both live correctly and they continue to not fix the issue. people think things like this are small and funny. there not. kids looking to apply to schools or getting sports recruiting stuff in the mail have trouble figuring it out all the time...

Reaction Score
but people here say we dont have a brand crisis.....when bad things happen in ct like sandy hook or storms, ppl on social media say uconn instead of ct or connecticut becuase they can't understand the difference or what uconn stands for. thats 100% our fault as a school not figuring out of to let both live correctly and they continue to not fix the issue. people think things like this are small and funny. there not. kids looking to apply to schools or getting sports recruiting stuff in the mail have trouble figuring it out all the time...

Agreed

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

RGIII wasn't exactly a sought after recruit. I think Baylor was the only BCS school after him and was going to go to Houston until the Houston coach got hired by Baylor.

Not saying that we have the next RGIII just that you never know with a great athlete without much experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom