Official Maim the Mustangs Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Official Maim the Mustangs Game Thread

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No but the theory that we lost because Jalen got hurt doesn't apply here. We were blown up when he was in there.
I know. It's just that so many people make these odd correlations leaving out so many important factors I couldn't help taking your comment and apply it in a facetious manner.

Reaction Score
Sink or swim it was our only shot at it.

We sunk, but he's the only guy who had a chance of getting unconscious. All those shots he missed even the deep chucks he's made tons of times.
Not true. Vital, Facey, and Jackson had the hot hands today, so they should've been the ones taking the shots.

Reaction Score
This is exactly what I was trying to say with my last post. People here are complacent and ok that we didn't get "blown out" and kept it semi-close. That's not Uconn basketball. We are a blue blood program.
My sentiments also.

Reaction Score
They doubled him consistently in the last 10 minutes, forced him to either move away from the paint or give up the ball.

Facey was doing his second half damage from the top of the key, not the paint. He had 2 short drives for buckets, 1 at just under 12 minutes and 1 at just over ten minutes.

Over the next 6 possessions he literally did not touch the ball on offense. Not once. On those possessions we had a turnover and shot 5 threes.

We then finally went back to him at the top of the key. He missed an open foul line jumper, but I'll take that shot any day over Rodney off the dribble for an NBA 3.

Late in the game, yes, we got him the ball in the post a couple times and SMU doubled. But we were the ones responsible for taking Facey out of the offense over the 6 possession stretch I mentioned, not SMU. And it was the 3 missed three pointers over the last 3 possessions of that stretch (none of which was a particularly good shot) that effectively finished us.

Reaction Score
It's amazing to me some posters keep trying to discount SMU with the "how far have we fallen" bs. We just battled a legit top 25 (in my opinion top 15) team in the country with virtually nobody left on the roster and our leader getting hurt halfway through. It's okay to be proud of this team for fighting and not giving up without meaning we're lowering our standards for success. SMU is a good if not great team. Deal with it.
It's mainly due to SMU's lack of pedigree. Of course, you never know if SMU is on one of those short runs teams sometimes have, or if we're witnessing the dawn of a dominant program. What program was more pathetic than Georgetown when JT2 arrived? I wonder if Duke fans thought "we can't lose to that trash", when they played the Tate George team in the regional final. No one in their right minds would ever have predicted that those two teams would ever become what they did. SMU is on a nice run, and they are a good team. No reason to put them down because they haven't been at this level before.

Reaction Score
I wish I was not right, d'oh.

WOW! I read this before the game and thought while watching the game that you must have had a crystal ball.

It's funny to read the board here. Just like it's funny when you read ours. I'm sure most are about the same. We all have our overly-optimistic, overly critical, respectful of other teams, and jackholes who hate on everyone else fans.

I like UCONN. I like Ollie, and Geno is a god among men (and women). Like pretty much everyone else in the country who cares anything about sports and isn't a UCONN fan, I'm kinda tired of the women winning, but I generally pull for UCONN if they're not playing us.

You guys had some rotten luck this year, and your team has hung in there when many would write off the season and give up. I don't think anyone that knows anything about sports doesn't think you'll bounce back. I want UCONN to be good. I would also like it if you stayed in our crappy conference that gets zero respect.

We’re all better served if UCONN, Cincy, SMU, UH, Tulsa, and UCF are good. Tulane is terrible this year, but they have a surprising amount of fight, and they’re well-coached. They might improve over time. That would be great.

I think we’re the real deal. We don’t have a basketball pedigree, and it remains to be seen if we can make a decent post-season run or if we’re going to be good long-term. I’m cautiously optimistic, but I have been a Mustang for a long long time, and that, my friends, is hard.

We have a short bench, no bigs, and no true PG, but we have great chemistry, and we sure are fun to watch. I think we can beat anyone in the country on any given day, but we could just as easily lose to just about anyone. We’ll see which team shows up in March. As long as UCONN remains in the AAC, it’s good for you for Cincy and SMU to go deep in the tourney.

Anyway, I’m an outsider posting on your board because I like your team and want as many AAC teams as possible to be good. Also I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to comment on Travelman’s clairvoyance. Impressive. If you can do that consistently, I’ll buy you a drink in Vegas during the first weekend of March Madness. :)

Good luck!

Reaction Score
WOW! I read this before the game and thought while watching the game that you must have had a crystal ball.

It's funny to read the board here. Just like it's funny when you read ours. I'm sure most are about the same. We all have our overly-optimistic, overly critical, respectful of other teams, and jackholes who hate on everyone else fans.

I like UCONN. I like Ollie, and Geno is a god among men (and women). Like pretty much everyone else in the country who cares anything about sports and isn't a UCONN fan, I'm kinda tired of the women winning, but I generally pull for UCONN if they're not playing us.

You guys had some rotten luck this year, and your team has hung in there when many would write off the season and give up. I don't think anyone that knows anything about sports doesn't think you'll bounce back. I want UCONN to be good. I would also like it if you stayed in our crappy conference that gets zero respect.

We’re all better served if UCONN, Cincy, SMU, UH, Tulsa, and UCF are good. Tulane is terrible this year, but they have a surprising amount of fight, and they’re well-coached. They might improve over time. That would be great.

I think we’re the real deal. We don’t have a basketball pedigree, and it remains to be seen if we can make a decent post-season run or if we’re going to be good long-term. I’m cautiously optimistic, but I have been a Mustang for a long long time, and that, my friends, is hard.

We have a short bench, no bigs, and no true PG, but we have great chemistry, and we sure are fun to watch. I think we can beat anyone in the country on any given day, but we could just as easily lose to just about anyone. We’ll see which team shows up in March. As long as UCONN remains in the AAC, it’s good for you for Cincy and SMU to go deep in the tourney.

Anyway, I’m an outsider posting on your board because I like your team and want as many AAC teams as possible to be good. Also I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to comment on Travelman’s clairvoyance. Impressive. If you can do that consistently, I’ll buy you a drink in Vegas during the first weekend of March Madness. :)

Good luck!
Thanks for the kind post. I hope smu can get at least a 6 seed. If they can continue this hot run I think they will get much better in fact and at least get to the sweet 16! Good luck!

Reaction Score
Thanks for the kind post. I hope smu can get at least a 6 seed. If they can continue this hot run I think they will get much better in fact and at least get to the sweet 16! Good luck!

Thanks. I hope you're right. But I thought we weren't that good and were a sure thing to exit in the 2nd round. I hope that pre-game prediction you made was less accurate than the analysis for yesterday's game in Hartford.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom