Official Maim the Mustangs Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Official Maim the Mustangs Game Thread

Reaction Score
Purvis is having a bad shooting day.

That being said, those of you who don't want him to shoot are absolutely out of your minds.

Purvis is having a bad shooting year. He was shooting 36% coming into the game from 2! Not 3. Now that will even go down amazingly.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
1. When your PG is out, it's tough to generate good shots against a good defense
2. When you can't generate good shots, someone has to take bad shots
3. The guy who brings the ball up in that situation is usually the one who takes a lot of bad shots
4. See: DHam's shooting % the last two years, or Rodney's this year when Jalen has been out

I know you know this, but I felt the need to type out the context anyway.

Very happy we'll have 3 PGs next year, as well as a trio of wings (Vital, Jackson, Larrier) who can really pass the ball.

Exactly. Add to that the fact that the kid plays hard defense for 40 straight minutes, and I'm surprised he even had the legs to hit the rim. But I guess this is the perfect situation for all the boo-birds to have their moment in the sun...

Reaction Score
Jackson was bad. 1 rebound and some of the worst D I can remember.

Makes a few plays, but liability on other end offsets it.

The 3's that Rodney takes are not smart. If he's near the line OK. Vance has passed up some line 3's today that he shoukd take

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Jackson was bad. 1 rebound and some of the worst D I can remember.

Makes a few plays, but liability on other end offsets it.

He's the reverse Brimah

Reaction Score
Sigh... prasing them for not getting blown out by SMU. How low we have sunk in the grand scheme of things.
Yup, quite low indeed..But looking at it another way..with all the injuries, trials and tribulations, it could have been worse. Uconn could have easily folded like 10-18 texas, could have easily been blown out by 30.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
It's amazing to me some posters keep trying to discount SMU with the "how far have we fallen" bs. We just battled a legit top 25 (in my opinion top 15) team in the country with virtually nobody left on the roster and our leader getting hurt halfway through. It's okay to be proud of this team for fighting and not giving up without meaning we're lowering our standards for success. SMU is a good if not great team. Deal with it.

Reaction Score
Sink or swim it was our only shot at it.

We sunk, but he's the only guy who had a chance of getting unconscious. All those shots he missed even the deep chucks he's made tons of times.

Nah, should have made an effort to go to Facey. He had those two great takes and then I don't remember him touching the ball for the next 5 minutes.

Reaction Score
Just the same I do not think it will be a blow out. But I think it will be a game that will always be just out of reach, like Uconn will always be down between 8 to 12 points. Maybe once it will reach around 15 early in the second (dóh, it is 48-33) and late in the game Uconn will cut it down to 5 or 6 once or twice late in the game (like omg it is suddenly 61-56) but will never quite get over the hump (missing a 3 down 6 or something) before losing by 8 or 9 points. Something like 72-63 or maybe a 10 point loss, 74-64- regardless it will be one of those grind it out type wins for smu.
I wish I was not right, d'oh.

Reaction Score
It's amazing to me some posters keep trying to discount SMU with the "how far have we fallen" bs. We just battled a legit top 25 (in my opinion top 15) team in the country with virtually nobody left on the roster and our leader getting hurt halfway through. It's okay to be proud of this team for fighting and not giving up without meaning we're lowering our standards for success. SMU is a good if not great team. Deal with it.

I don't disagree with any of this, but at some point this program's reputation has to become more than "keeps playing hard through adversity".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom