Official Maim the Mustangs Game Thread | The Boneyard

Official Maim the Mustangs Game Thread

H

huskymagic

Big game today. This will show if we are capable of winning the AAC on our home court. A win today would be obviously very big for the team's psyche.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Get ready for a sweet win over a top 25 team. Time to send them home with the taste of UCONN in their mouths...

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
for any of my NC Huskies-

CBS has the UNC game on. I found the UConn game on something called "Bounce TV" channel 1255 on TWC.

Reaction Score
Goes without saying, but we can't miss outside shots today.

There, I said it.

Reaction Score
Two unassisted pull up threes with a hand in their face by SMU. We can't hit our shots so far.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Just terrific...looks like men playing against boys.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
We need someone to bang with muscle down low, because we are getting killed in the paint. Hopefully Enoch can give us the muscle we need right now...

H

huskymagic

Vance is a horrible defender. The guards are playing scared and cant hit a shot or make a play. Kevin Ollie with the Bob Diaco rainbow suits, and the team not playing SMU tight on defense knowing they are good 3 point shooters.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Jalen Adams sleepwalking

Tough start for him. Hopefully SMU will miss a three pointer one of these days, too. I hope we keep banging inside...

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Gonna need our crowd into this if were gonna make a come back.

A technical helps.

Lets go boys!

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'm glad the crowd is getting on the refs. Maybe this tech will get us started...

Reaction Score
Not only is SMU very good, but they've been a horrible matchup for us the last 3-4 seasons. Gotta make our 3s to have a shot today. And yes, the crowd in it helps too.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
SMU is playing loose and easy. Everything they throw up there is going in. There is no short-arming 3's (Purvis), no hesitancy taking the open elbow jumper (Facey) and no clanging open jumpers coming off the ball screen (Adams). They all can handle the ball inside and out (Brimah, Enoch). And their hands are stronger and more secure (Brimah, Jackson). Oh, and they all know how to draw fouls.

This goes to a point I made in another thread some time ago. When you're recruiting and as you develop players, shooting is a premium. When everyone can reliable knock down the open shot in their range, the defense breaks down. That doesn't mean everyone has to shoot threes. It does mean that everyone has know their spots, and be able to bury their shot when they get it and it's open.

Reaction Score
Not only is SMU very good, but they've been a horrible matchup for us the last 3-4 seasons. Gotta make our 3s to have a shot today. And yes, the crowd in it helps too.

Their bigs shoot from outside. And they are all midsized and get ofensive rebounds.

Basically a killer for the way UConn is designed.

And their bigs hit 3s.

Shake Milton is just on fire right now.

Unfortunately, UConn is missing its shots.

Basically, being manhandled. It's not the refs, though Vance and Enoch were indeed hacked on the arm.

H

huskymagic

How can any serious player, fan, or coach take Kevin Ollie seriously wearing that suit. The guy is a clown approaching Bob Diaco status. The guards once again are the problem with this team, too slow, bad defending, and cant make a shot. SMU is a good team, but the perimeter D has to be way better considering everyone knows SMU is a good shooting team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom