Official: Glen Miller is gone | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official: Glen Miller is gone

C

Chief00

So if Miller was officially notified on March 11th, why the delay in announcing it. My guess is that maybe they wanted to give Miller a chance through the Final 4 coaches convention to obtain another job without being stymitized as having been fired. If so, Oz torpedoed that possibility.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
So if Miller was officially notified on March 11th, why the delay in announcing it. My guess is that maybe they wanted to give Miller a chance through the Final 4 coaches convention to obtain another job without being stymitized as having been fired. If so, Oz torpedoed that possibility.
Oz isn't the only one that got the info yesterday, though. So the timeline is very strange.

Reaction Score
So much more believable than the crap that Chief spews.
Chief is like my dad's friend. He is an "insider" for a much more niche thing than UConn basketball, but he's right about 50% of the time. Usually when he is wrong it's because he does a terrible job of listening or makes huge inferences based on small amounts of information. I assume it's the same with Chief.

Reaction Score
Chief is like my dad's friend. He is an "insider" for a much more niche thing than UConn basketball, but he's right about 50% of the time. Usually when he is wrong it's because he does a terrible job of listening or makes huge inferences based on small amounts of information. I assume it's the same with Chief.
That gives WAY too much credit to Chief. Chief makes up things in his head and then revises those thoughts to fit what actually happens. He has no more knowledge here than anyone else, but loves to pontificate. My guess is he was never good enough to actually play sports, he was either the manager or the scorekeeper......but in his mind, that made him the most valuable part of the team.

Reaction Score
That gives WAY too much credit to Chief. Chief makes up things in his head and then revises those thoughts to fit what actually happens. He has no more knowledge here than anyone else, but loves to pontificate. My guess is he was never good enough to actually play sports, he was either the manager or the scorekeeper.but in his mind, that made him the most valuable part of the team.

That's possible, but I think he's a leftover from the old guard who gets occasional whispers and then fills in the blanks. I also wonder sometimes if he grasps the concept of trolling a little better than we'd like to believe. I used to think he was ~70 years old but I think it was mentioned that he was closer to 50

@Chief00 how old are you? as a range? I'm curious

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Methinks if anyone was actually as connected as they'd like to make it appear, they would have known last week and not gotten tipped off yesterday when a poster here dropped it.

But as for the delay, I don't think the Final Four played into their thinking. If Glen Miller is asking Holy Cross or Marist or whoever if they have a job opening, the world knows he got fired.

I think it has to do with posting requirements.

Take the quiet time last week to find their guy, make Miller's dismissal public and then go through the charade of posting the job opening. Once the job is open, it'll be expected to be posted - see the strength and conditioning job opening that just landed.

On Larry Brown....he's 76 years old and he is never getting another worthwhile head coaching job. And he refuses to retire, so something has to give. There was a rumor last week that he was angling to become an assistant coach if Mike Woodson could get the Indiana job. And he loves Kevin Ollie, so there's your future rumor.

Reaction Score
I used to think he was ~70 years old but I think it was mentioned that he was closer to 50

@Chief00 how old are you? as a range? I'm curious

Really? Then this Bunky stuff he was pushing months ago is super weird. I thought he was in his 20's.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

It's the easiest thing in the world to be right 50% of the time.

C

Chief00

Methinks if anyone was actually as connected as they'd like to make it appear, they would have known last week and not gotten tipped off yesterday when a poster here dropped it.

But as for the delay, I don't think the Final Four played into their thinking. If Glen Miller is asking Holy Cross or Marist or whoever if they have a job opening, the world knows he got fired.

Take the quiet time last week to find their guy, make Miller's dismissal public and then go through the charade of posting the job opening. Once the job is open, it'll be expected to be posted - see the strength and conditioning job opening that just landed.

On Larry Brown....he's 76 years old and he is never getting another worthwhile head coaching job. And he refuses to retire, so something has to give. There was a rumor last week that he was angling to become an assistant coach if Mike Woodson could get the Indiana job. And he loves Kevin Ollie, so there's your future rumor.

No, I did not know he was informed two weeks ago, started hearing rumors last week.

Larry Brown on the bench with X's and O's with a National Recruiter added would be an interesting staff. But of course that would mean someone else would need to go.

I don't know much about Killings but I did notice an in game transition starting mid last season 2015/2016 - KO had primarily talked to Miller during games but then started talking more with Hobbs - and this year it was Killings. Of course, Miller continues sitting next to him on the scoreboard side but Ollie engaged Killings not Miller during games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score

I don't like Larry Brown but I admire that he is still willing to do all that traveling at 76.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Really? Then this Bunky stuff he was pushing months ago is super weird. I thought he was in his 20's.
Which is why it's so cringe-worthy.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Has a coach ever died on the sidelines during a game?

If we hire 76 year old Larry Brown, it brings the odds of witnessing such an event up a little too much for my liking.

Reaction Score

@Fishy he came close to pulling a Mike Sherman ( football coach at Nauset HS on Cape Cod) and almost became head coach at Bonac High School in East Hampton LI this past season.

Reaction Score
I'm encouraged to hear that this came from KO himself -- suggests some growth as a leader, willing to make the tough decisions and not be a slave to loyalty.

Reaction Score
I'm encouraged to hear that this came from KO himself -- suggests some growth as a leader, willing to make the tough decisions and not be a slave to loyalty.

This narrative has always been baseless, especially because my suspicion is that Miller was more of an outside voice than some of the other guys on the staff.

The fact that he fired Miller is not in and of itself a testament to his willingness to make tough decisions. It could as easily be the opposite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom