Official: Glen Miller is gone | The Boneyard

Official: Glen Miller is gone

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You knew it was definite when both Oz and @Chief00 were in agreement.

Reaction Score
I was sitting right near the court for the UCF-SMU game dring the AAC tournament. Glen sat down courtside with a notebook and some computers. A guy sitting right behind me was heckling him in a good natured sort of way. Something like "make sure you get them to rebound Glen!"

He turned around, looked right at the guy, smiled and said "I'm getting on that, that's #1 on my report."

I thought it was cool and he came off as really likable. I hope somebody keeps me posted on where he ends up.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As far as I am concerned, GM has been with the program a long time and is a TRUE Husky
Maybe he isn't a big man coach but I think he has given something to the program besides being the brunt of Fishy's ongoing and, at times, over the top bashing
He lasted a long time and if was all that bad and incompetent I really don't think both JC and KO would keep him on that long
Good luck Coach Miller and I for one will miss your loud socks and dancing steps

Reaction Score
As far as I am concerned, GM has been with the program a long time and is a TRUE Husky
Maybe he isn't a big man coach but I think he has given something to the program besides being the brunt of Fishy's ongoing and, at times, over the top bashing
He lasted a long time and if was all that bad and incompetent I really don't think both JC and KO would keep him on that long
Good luck Coach Miller and I for one will miss your loud socks and dancing steps[/QU

great post

C

Chief00

You knew it was definite when both Oz and @Chief00 were in agreement.
Looks like Benedict put people to work today to get an announcement out a couple days before planned.
I will let you decide if it's smart for Oz to so publicly make it transparent who his source is even if it's once removed -since the University hadn't announced anything and unlike recruiting this is a personnel matter.
Another reason to be vague about your sources.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good luck Coach Miller and I for one will miss your loud socks and dancing steps

Sorry Fishy if I mistaken you for Chief00
Or the other way around
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooo confused!!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Apparently this picture caused Athletic Director Dave to associate him with Diaco. It was only a matter of time once that happened.

GlenMiller.0.jpeg

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Benedict was not the one who fired Miller and it didn't happen yesterday.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Nope. Would he have? I don't know, but he never got the chance.

Well seeing as it probably wasn't Herbst, I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say it was Ollie then.

If that's the case, then it is good to see he understood and accepted the fact that the program has problems and has taken drastic measures to address that. I don't see ollie of a few years ago making this move--too loyal and self-confident to do so. That's growth.

Note, I'm not and won't celebrate a good man losing a job.

Reaction Score
Well seeing as it probably wasn't Herbst, I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and say it was Ollie then.

If that's the case, then it is good to see he understood and accepted the fact that the program has problems and has taken drastic measures to address that. I don't see ollie of a few years ago making this move--too loyal and self-confident to do so. That's growth.

Note, I'm not and won't celebrate a good man losing a job.

I would imagine Ollie is just as frustrated if not (hopefully anyway) more so than the fan base. It's not like he wants to lose. Sometimes you have to fail to learn and grow.

Reaction Score
I would imagine Ollie is just as frustrated if not (hopefully anyway) more so than the fan base. It's not like he wants to lose. Sometimes you have to fail to learn and grow.

You learn more/can grow more during bad times when you're forced to look at things objectively than when everything is going well.

Reaction Score
A lot of people have talked about adding somebody to the staff willing to "challenge" Ollie.

Was Miller that guy?

I ask because if there was some friction this season with regards to x's and o's, that would explain a lot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom