Official First Night Observations and Analysis Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official First Night Observations and Analysis Thread

Reaction Score
UConn is pretty bad at this. A week ago it was supposed to be on facebook. I'm not on facebook but my wife is. It's not on it now apparently. FloSports doesn't work. 2/3rds of the state doesnt get the local CW station that it's being televised on. In the day and age of streaming can they find a reliable way to get their product out to the fans?

Reaction Score
So based on the timing. Is the women's scrimmage going to happen before 8 but the men won't have enough time to warm up and scrimmage during the 1hr TV broadcast, even though the event is schedule to go 90 mins..?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Didn’t run smoothly and didn’t do anything for an hour

Reaction Score
On Twitter they are saying that one of the baskets has malfunctioned and can't be raised to the proper height so they did a dunk contest and are now playing 2 4 on 4 half court games. Why in the world wouldnt the baskets be put at normal heights earlier today? Between this and FloSports, this is one rough first night...and I saw the one with some weird tissue box or toilet paper game with Susan Herbst involved. Was the only one I went to and I thought that was pretty brutal.

Reaction Score
What an embarrassing event from UConn Operations. A packed house of students excited to watch the teams play and they can't get a stream or basketball set up properly. Can't look much more amateur than this.

Glad no major recruits came. Why are they always so bad at this stuff? It's not difficult. Fans just want to see the team and new players play.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
AD David Benedict should publicly apologize to everyone.
I could be wrong, but I don’t think AD David Benedict is involved in the planning and execution of first night

Reaction Score
Camera work sucks. I feel like I’m watching a illegally taped movie
1634345309315.jpeg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I don’t think AD David Benedict is involved in the planning and execution of first night
If it screwed up - he had his hands in it

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Heaven’s door
I've only had it once. I bought a bottle from the local store (it was a store pick) and I've always liked his picks in the past. Was disappointed. Might have to crack it back open and give it another shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom