Official Bracket Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Official Bracket Thread

Reaction Score
It is a tricky balancing act. The committee would like to keep teams near home, for the players, the fans, the cost, and the revenue. If the tournament had great attendance then it would be easier to send teams anywhere, but it doesnt. So you end up putting Elon nearby in Raleigh and Mercer nearby in Athens -- both less than 2 hours from home.
:) I mean he's being interviewed at home and therefore back home from scouting high school students. I realize that UConn's playing at home. :)

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
No they hate us because they're always screwing us over. Please be for real. 2016 sent to Souix Falls, 2017 sent to Stockton, 2018 sent to Albany. It's mind boggling when they say they're trying to "grow the sport" but doesn't allow the only team who averages 10,000 fans per game to support?? I'm sure someone like you wouldn't understand when the NCAA practically kisses Muffett's rear end.
They probably hate Coach Staley for all the complaining she's done on so many topics.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Silver lining for Rutgers:

C-Viv is 2 wins shy of #1000. The WNIT will offer a much easier path to 2 postseason wins. Perhaps a bit anticlimactic to hit the milestone in the tournament of also-rans, but at least her senior star Tyler Scaife has an opportunity to lead her there.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
No they hate us because they're always screwing us over. Please be for real. 2016 sent to Souix Falls, 2017 sent to Stockton, 2018 sent to Albany. It's mind boggling when they say they're trying to "grow the sport" but doesn't allow the only team who averages 10,000 fans per game to support?? I'm sure someone like you wouldn't understand when the NCAA practically kisses Muffett's rear end.
You need to assess what the overall rank that SC was to be placed locally. ND was the 4th #1seed and were sent out west. You were the 7th/8th seed this year and sent to Albany as it was there or KC. Also you average 13k per game AND UConn averages >10k per game this year!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Ya know....

I hope when UCONN wins it all in Columbus they say this in the post game presser...

"I would like to thank ESPN for showing the "the shot" a billion times this season. It was a twisting knife in our hearts that drove us to this championship. So for that, we say thank you"

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
The chances of them meeting is extremely unlikely.
USF gets to play its opening rounds just a few hours away in Tallahassee. The committee should avoid that, just because they might face UConn in the FOURTH ROUND ?
I bet the committee sent USF to FSU to avoid having to pay for airfare; a lot cheaper to bus the team to Tallahassee then fly them out to UCLA, Tennessee, or Ohio State.

Reaction Score
I understand Mulkey is having a press conference to b*tch in half an hour. ;)
Nah, to declare Baylor # 2!!
rsz_screen_shot_2018-03-12_at_81011_pm.png

Reaction Score
I expect Duke to do everything not to get past Georgia.
I hope Triad will confirm this. This may have been discussed earlier. I have not read the posts above.

Reaction Score
Oh stop! SC lost six games! If they wanted to be a #1 seed they lost at least three too many games. Just because SC is the defending NC and has a big fan base doesn’t give them special props in terms of the bracket. A couple of years back UConn was sent to Lincoln despite being the overall #1 seed. They won the NC that year anyway. Baylor lost one game and is a #2 seed. So there.

Reaction Score
You need to assess what the overall rank that SC was to be placed locally. ND was the 4th #1seed and were sent out west. You were the 7th/8th seed this year and sent to Albany as it was there or KC. Also you average 13k per game AND UConn averages >10k per game this year!

The original post had nothing to do with ND. It was about the NCAA constantly screwing SC over. And Cool beans at least the game is now finally "growing".

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
They are showing the UConn Miss St ending again on ESPNU. They keep it up UConn will so peeeeeed off that no one will have a chance.

It is the heart of their Tourney ads so brace yourself.

Reaction Score
I expect Duke to do everything not to get past Georgia.
I hope Triad will confirm this. This may have been discussed earlier. I have not read the posts above.

Well he did say they wanted to be in Athens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom