Official Bracket Thread

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
what is this crap.... get on with the brackets...... Head bang

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The chances of them meeting is extremely unlikely.
USF gets to play its opening rounds just a few hours away in Tallahassee. The committee should avoid that, just because they might face UConn in the FOURTH ROUND ?
It just goes to show that a team's season doesn't matter but their location does!!!

Reaction Score
I'm not entirely well-versed in Bracketology, if you will, but would anyone be willing to explain to me how a team like Cal ends up in the Albany bracket, and why the committee seems allergic to placing USF in a bracket that's not ours?

There can only be 2 teams from the same conference in any bracket (unless the conf has >8 teams), so some PAC teams are going to end up in every region.

Folks have complained about USF being in UConn's bracket for years, and they STILL HAVENT PLAYED. This is much ado about nothing.

Reaction Score
I may regret saying this. But I'd prefer South Carolina as the 2 over Texas. Rewatching the Texas game, we never once had control over it. I expect the Gamecocks to play us tougher and Wilson will get her points but I'm not sure they have the guard play?

Reaction Score
There can only be 2 teams from the same conference in any bracket (unless the conf has >8 teams), so some PAC teams are going to end up in every region.

Folks have complained about USF being in UConn's bracket for years, and they STILL HAVENT PLAYED. This is much ado about nothing.
Thank you for this. I genuinely didn't understand, but it makes sense.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Virginia and Oklahoma both in, for the bubble watchers.

Reaction Score
Rankings in polls aren't the same as the seedings. Anyway 25 ranked teams, 4 regions, so each region would have approximately 6 ranked teams +/- a little right?

I agree, but you think the #1 overall seed should be the region that gets the most Top 25 in it?

Reaction Score
You do realize it's unlikely that it would get to UConn vs. USF in the tournament.

The following have to happen:
1. USF defeat FSU on their home court in round 2 -- very unlikely; road teams do not as a simple matter of fact win very often in the women's tournament first two rounds.
2. USF would then have to defeat South Carolina, the 2 seed in our region.

Then and only then would they get to play us for the regional final. Kind of unlikely.... But if they beat both the 2 and 3 seeds in our region, they will have earned the right in my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom