October Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

October Recruiting Thread

Reaction Score
I was surprised to see her ranked this high personally. Anywhere in the top 30 makes sense, but she hasn't done enough to be top 3 yet from what I've seen. Time will tell this season.

Posting up isn't something she does with consistency yet. This is something UCONN expects out of the 4/5 position. She can still get pushed around by bigger/stronger players from what I saw this summer.
I think she could be effective at the four..............she's got the fearless, aggressive attitude needed to be effective inside plus Stewie length arms so she plays bigger than 6'2"...........10-15 pounds of muscle would be nice along with some work on her midrange game........with South Carolina and Stanford in addition to newly competitive Arizona, Duke and North Carolina, she certainly is not a UConn lock..............

Reaction Score
Agreed...........she certainly needs to perfect her midrange game.........I would assume that will be a major training goal going forward....... I would say she actually appears to be every bit as mobile and perhaps a potentially better finisher inside than Edwards is.......
Time will tell. At this point in HS, Edwards was much more physical, able to seal and fight through the contact while in the paint. Again, that's something I'm surprised Toby hasn't developed yet.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Fournier scored 25 as Crestwood Prep defeated Capital Courts (Cassandre Prosper) 75-62 yesterday.

While UConn made the top 8 for Fournier there is currently no indication that UConn is recruiting Cassandre Prosper.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Fournier scored 25 as Crestwood Prep defeated Capital Courts (Cassandre Prosper) 75-62 yesterday.

While UConn made the top 8 for Fournier there is currently no indication that UConn is recruiting Cassandre Prosper.

No indication of recruiting Prosper. Color me disappointed. :(

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

Since she doesn’t seem to be on social media (and if she is, she’s done a damn fine job of hiding it), what have you seen on the recruiting front for Prosper? Because I’ve seen a big load of nothing — from anyone.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Since she doesn’t seem to be on social media (and if she is, she’s done a damn fine job of hiding it), what have you seen on the recruiting front for Prosper? Because I’ve seen a big load of nothing — from anyone.
Same. No reports of visits, nothing.

A paid recruiting site (w/ mixed reviews) said more than a year ago that UConn was pursuing Prosper. I've not read or heard anything since then.

Demling reported Louisville's high interest during the summer but sounds of silence since.

There was a report or two that Notre Dame and Stanford were recruiting her. Appears that is no longer the case for Stanford.

Maybe she'll shock everyone and join her brother at Marquette.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

A paid recruiting site (w/ mixed reviews) said more than a year ago that UConn was pursuing Prosper. I've not read or heard anything since then.

Demling reported Louisville's high interest during the summer but sounds of silence since.

There was a report or two that Notre Dame and Stanford were recruiting her. Appears that is no longer the case for Stanford.

Then we’re still an option!

Glass half full, Cat.

Reaction Score

Notre Dame seems to still be in the running. One of their assistant coaches was in Ottawa in September to visit Capital Courts, Prosper's prep school program. Capital Courts had it posted on their Instagram site. With all due respect to Prosper's team mates, I don't see anyone on the current roster that could be on their radar based on how they have been recruiting.

Reaction Score
I have no idea regarding Prosper except that we apparently had an interest in her at one time. Whether she ever had a serious interest in us is more a matter of speculation with so little actually revealed. Reading between the tea leaves, which is about all we can do, I thought that the pursuit of other 3 type players, and the signing of Q was probably an indication we were no longer serious contenders for Booker or Prosper. Since there is also nothing definitive or formal that we have been eliminated, I cling to a longshot hope but a very small one.

Reaction Score
Oldhuskie, agree with your analysis, but does anyone have any news about the young lady from Egypt?I expect her to announce in the next 6 weeks, but even Louisville, who it seems is the main competitor, has been oddly quiet.

Reaction Score
Oldhuskie, agree with your analysis, but does anyone have any news about the young lady from Egypt?I expect her to announce in the next 6 weeks, but even Louisville, who it seems is the main competitor, has been oddly quiet.
I'm speculating again but I wouldn't be surprised if El Alfy (hope I got the name right) isn't the only remaining major 23 target that is still outstanding. She apparently is very good, and a true big. If we don't get her, I imagine the focus will turn to the 2024 class of bigs, where Tac could be our best bet. one of the other top 24 bigs, Blanca Thomas released a short list and we were not on it. Koval from Ukraine playing high school ball here might be interesting too.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
That is because she has already notified the schools that she has eliminated and the school she chose. ;)

Reaction Score
That is because she has already notified the schools that she has eliminated and the school she chose. ;)

To paraphrase Harrison Ford in one of his movies (Indiana Jones perhaps?) "I have a bad feeling about this"...but I have just the opposite - I have a good feeling about this young lady. :D

Reaction Score
Looks like Allie Ziebell was in attendance at First Night
Did she come with " KK " Kamorea Arnold? I check the mileage distance
between their home towns: Neenah for Allie and Germantown for "KK".
It is about 79 miles and 1 hour an 15 minutes on Route I - 41. Maybe..
could be a good recruiting connection...

Reaction Score
Did she come with " KK " Kamorea Arnold? I check the mileage distance
between their home towns: Neenah for Allie and Germantown for "KK".
It is about 79 miles and 1 hour an 15 minutes on Route I - 41. Maybe..
could be a good recruiting connection...
I did a confirmation check on my research on Allie Ziebell sophomore stats:
This is from WSN Connect , records from the FOX VALLEY ASSOCIATION of
which Neenah H.S. is a member.
Games Played 28 PPG 30.2 ( that is correct, high games were 44, 43, 41 ( twice ))
FG % .551 Free Throw % .847 Three point % .469 with Rebounds 7.9 pg
assists 2.9 pg turn overs 1.9 pg steals 3.6 pg and blocks 0.7 NOT TOO SHABBY for
a sophomore season! Allie plays in a DIVISION I conference, her school has 2,300
students. She is also on the track team for the 400M and 800 M and on all the
Neenah H.S. track relay teams! She was one of two players in Division I who
competed in the " WISCONSIN STATE Three Point Challenge " ( I did not see
who won). . It will be interesting to see how this young lady does during
her JUNIOR basketball season! Last year Neenah lost to Appleton East
in the "sectional final" 57 - 36. GO NEENAH ROCKETS! Go Allie!
Forget about those recruiters from IOWA, Vanderbilt, Xavier ( B E ) etc. Listen
to KK!! Z
P.S. Allie was # 2 in the state in the Three Point Challenge. There
were 10 participants from ALL DIVISIONS ( largest to smallest) with ALLIE
getting 21 points in the final round. The winner Emily Jaenke , a Junior
from FOX VALLEY LUTHERAN scored 23 in her win. Kudos to EMILY and
Allie.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors